The most beautiful thing just happened.

D.Electric

Proud Member
Its a beautiful sunny day in england today, so ive been sat out in my garden enjoying the sunshine and the flowers. I was listening to my ipod with my eyes shut and 'butterflies' started playing. I felt so at peace and opened my eyes...only to see about 15 white butterflies fluttering around me. I laughed in amazement with a tear in my eye and one landed on my knee. As the song started to fade I felt a rush of love and happiness. it was so beautiful. It could all have been a coincidence, but for a few minutes i felt completely at peace.

...then my cat ruined the moment by pouncing on one of them and eating it haha!

aww, that sounds magical!

butterflies is so nice to listen to on a summers day :)

wow! That's great! Many people believe butterflies appearing on special occasions (like this) are spiritual messengers (maybe for a few moments though since your cat had other ideas :lol:).

Ive been having a hard few days with personal issues, and I felt so at peace that i cant help but think it was a sign. When michael was alive he had a knack for cheering me up and reminding me of all the beauty in the world...it makes me happy to think he is still there for me. I love you mike x

How beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I believe the ancient Greeks called butterflies "psyche" which meant "soul." :)

I just love such divine moments where it feels like it's above coincidence. :)

Too bad with the cat though ;(

Its a beautiful sunny day in england today, so ive been sat out in my garden enjoying the sunshine and the flowers. I was listening to my ipod with my eyes shut and 'butterflies' started playing. I felt so at peace and opened my eyes...only to see about 15 white butterflies fluttering around me. I laughed in amazement with a tear in my eye and one landed on my knee. As the song started to fade I felt a rush of love and happiness. it was so beautiful. It could all have been a coincidence, but for a few minutes i felt completely at peace.

how beautiful! it does sound very magical. stories like this are lovely..thank you for sharing.

I can't help laughing when I read your last sentence, and the scene you describe quickly reminds me of a Japanese cartoon, featuring a cat called Michael (yes, also called Michael!!)

Look at this:-
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/whats-michael/1-1.jpg

yeh, my kitties a naughty boy!! hes also mega cute tho, his name is Mowgli, which was a nickname someone very important gave me years ago :D

n536170790_2868363_3311414.jpg

:wub: That is so lovely!! I've mentioned before in posts about white butterflies, I see one almost every day and it reminds me of Michael.

Naughty, naughty Kitty though!!

Ive been having a hard few days with personal issues, and I felt so at peace that i cant help but think it was a sign. When michael was alive he had a knack for cheering me up and reminding me of all the beauty in the world...it makes me happy to think he is still there for me. I love you mike x
I believe Michael was sending you love when that happened. :yes:

I believe Michael was sending you love when that happened. :yes:

Me too :) theres been a few things over the last few days that have had me feeling like i did a few months ago at my lowest point... and a little butterfly will always turn up in my sight. Ive never believed in all that stuff, but im starting to :)

Hey I saw the cloud shaped like a heart on a day where I was feeling really low, then last week I had an important hosptial appt in London and after the appt(which was more helpful than I had expected) in the shop there the first greeting card facing me had a heart shaped cloud on the front... I just smiled, I do think they are signs http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72646

Lol at your cat! :)

Me too :) theres been a few things over the last few days that have had me feeling like i did a few months ago at my lowest point... and a little butterfly will always turn up in my sight. Ive never believed in all that stuff, but im starting to :)

I never normally believe either, maybe thats why its happened to us as we 'have' to see it/feel it to believe it

That's a beautiful moment - and you just reminded of something! The first weekend after Michael's passing, I had to attend a wedding which I was not in a fit state to go to of course. I managed to hold it together until I was alone at the train station about to make my journey home. I sat on a bench and was literally balling my eyes out :( suddenly a big beautiful black and red butterfly landed on my hand, stayed for a few seconds and flew away just as the train arrived. I had never seen one like that before and honestly, I know it sounds crazy but if Michael were ever a butterfly it would have been that one!! lol... don't worry I don't REALLY think Michael turned into a butterfly! But he may have sent it to cheer me up :D and I think he sent your butterflies too.

Last edited:
Back