The more experimental side of Michael's music.

Starwars

Proud Member
Anyone tend to sorta lean toward Michael's more "experimental" type of songs? Stuff like Morphine, Is it Scary, Little Susie and so on?

Morphine is probably my favorite of the bunch and in my opinion one of Michael's absolute best. How chilling is that song? The music, the lyrics, the sad middle-part of the song, the background noises... A true masterpiece if you ask me.

Man, the original material (non-remixes I mean) on Blood on the Dancefloor are so freaking good. Would've *loved* it if he had put out an entire album with more "weirder" songs like those (well, BotD is just a great funky track).

Absolutely! Superfly Sister is actually one of my favorite songs. Absolutely ingenious and so funky

I do not particularly lean towards those tracks, but I do think they are great. MJ was really going beyond what he did before on those tracks.

Absolutely! Superfly Sister is actually one of my favorite songs. Absolutely ingenious and so funky
I think Superfly Sister (along with BOTDF) is actually the least experimental of the tracks on BOTDF, though hearing that kind of sound from MJ was certainly a bit of an anomaly. I do think it is a great funky track! Certainly the best of the Bryan Loren collaborations that we have heard.

Love, love, love Superfly Sister, Morphine, and Is It Scary but I tend to always skip Little Susie. Not sure why. {Just my :2cents:}

One of my favourite experimental tracks is In the Back. It's very eerie and personal, much on the lines of Morphine. I'm secretly hoping there are more unreleased songs like this in the vault :yes:

I will always maintain the opinion that if MJ pursued the direction he was taking with the BotDF songs, that would be his best album by far. Those songs are ridiculous in every sense. The lyrics, the sound, the power, the boldness.

^- Really agree with that. There is such a strong statement in the songs, hard-hitting.

Well, I think Shout is an awesome and kinda unusual MJ song. I love the lyrics, the rapping is cool and am in love with the bridge. My only complaint about that song is the production. It feels like MJs leadvocals are buried below the other sounds. Imagine this track with louder and clearer vocals!

Back