The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

Last edited:
BEAT ME, HATE ME YOU CAN NEVER BREAK ME !

chart data
@chartdata
·
1 Std.

Michael Jackson's "They Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)" has now surpassed 1 billion views on YouTube.
Bild

kx
@kxthrills
·
1 Std.

Michael Jackson’s They Don’t Care About Us has now surpassed 1 billion views on YouTube. He become the first solo artist from 20th Century to have 2 videos above 1 billion views.

https://twitter.com/kxthrills
Insane how after being dead for 15 years MJ is still breaking records. Love to see it.

I'm not sure if others have seen this before, but I just came across it today for the first time. This website tracks stats all across the internet from Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, and even social media like Instagram and TikTok. It's pretty amazing. The most encouraging part is seeing how much Michael's popularity has risen in the last few years. There is so much to dive into here!

I'm not sure if others have seen this before, but I just came across it today for the first time. This website tracks stats all across the internet from Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, and even social media like Instagram and TikTok. It's pretty amazing. The most encouraging part is seeing how much Michael's popularity has risen in the last few years. There is so much to dive into here!

And to think it's pre biopic. The TikTok kiddies are doing the job.

And to think it's pre biopic. The TikTok kiddies are doing the job.
I‘m not sure if we should overstate the importance of youth regarding MJ’s popularity. Social media are also embraced by people aged 30 to 50 and those are much more likely to be influenced by Michael’s music.
I think kids predominantly like the musicians of today’s age and not the big guns of the 70s and 80s. While Michael’s numbers are very positive I think it are mostly his lifelong fans making the biggest contribution. His followers on Spotify are impressive but they pale in comparison with current artists like Ed Sheeran or one of the seemingly dozens of wildly popular female artists or hip hip stars.
So basically I think Michael’s very own fanbase that predominantly grew up in the 80s and 90s is keeping him in the spotlights, there are millions of us.

Look at heaven can wait! It’s so stupid that I love the attention a song that leaves me cold gets. 😀

I‘m not sure if we should overstate the importance of youth regarding MJ’s popularity. Social media are also embraced by people aged 30 to 50 and those are much more likely to be influenced by Michael’s music.
I think kids predominantly like the musicians of today’s age and not the big guns of the 70s and 80s. While Michael’s numbers are very positive I think it are mostly his lifelong fans making the biggest contribution. His followers on Spotify are impressive but they pale in comparison with current artists like Ed Sheeran or one of the seemingly dozens of wildly popular female artists or hip hip stars.
So basically I think Michael’s very own fanbase that predominantly grew up in the 80s and 90s is keeping him in the spotlights, there are millions of us.
You say this and yet Heaven Can Wait and Chicago are selling leaps and bounds exclusively cause of TikTok kiddies.

You say this and yet Heaven Can Wait and Chicago are selling leaps and bounds exclusively cause of TikTok kiddies.
But that’s what I mean tiktok contributors might be teenagers but also people my age (read: boomers) watch those videos which contributes to the added streams.

But that’s what I mean tiktok contributors might be teenagers but also people my age (read: boomers) watch those videos which contributes to the added streams.
In the case of the videos, yes. The general audience watch MJs videos. Vevo pushes them a lot also.

Back