The Michael Jackson Auditorium - 24 Years On

qbee

Proud Member
The Michael Jackson Auditorium - 24 Years On

Bad Era http://youtu.be/oe3WS--KKkE

Three years ago on October 15, 2010 Michael's beautiful name was at last revealed and once again adorned the Auditorium dedicated in his honour 24 years ago. On October 11 1989 he attended the inauguration ceremony at his former Gardner Street Elementary School and it was an incredibly happy day for Michael; he humbly thanked the school and spoke to the students, visited former classrooms and joined the children singing 'We Are The World' before personally unveiling his name above the entrance where it stood tall for the next 14 years.

In 2003 in the wake of Michael's trial The Gardner St School shamefully had his name covered, breaking his heart and causing mass uproar within his devoted fan base. Sadly Michael passed with that pain in his heart, but his fans never relented. In early 2010 all over the world and on Facebook began a massive Campaign to have Michael's name restored and uncovered on the auditorium. School officials admitted they had received a groundswell of requests to uncover his name. The president of the school's P.T.A. said that on parents' night, when the principal approached the subject, all 200 parents assembled were in favour of restoring the sign.

Fans have put this video together as a thank you to all Michael Jackson fans on Facebook and the world over for their unwavering support. We must never give up, HIS LEGACY LIVES ON THROUGH US ALL.

https://www.facebook.com/BadEraHaven

What a great video. Thanks so much for posting.

Bittersweet. Certainly seems these were happy days for Michael. He looks so good here too. And happy. Sigh.

I remember I was very shocked when I learned his name had remained covered so many years... I guess they thought it was the best at the time, but I feel very very sad they allowed those idiotic allegations cloud their judgement.. I'm happy but sad at the same time, because Michael never got to see his name standing proudly above the auditorium again :sigh:

I went there this summer and took pictures. I got to stand on the auditorium stage and went to the classroom he was in. I'm glad that they finally uncovered his name. I wish Michael could have seen that. Also, by the auditorium there are pictures of MJ that the children drew. I know Michael is looking down at that and is happy.

Back