The meaning of the words 'This Is It'

Laura_MJX

Proud Member
hey guys.

The other day me and my sister were discusing about the THIS IS IT thing.

well i was saying to her, that he said that 'This is it' last time he does shows in London.
and i was like oh wow soo hes gunna do more concerts around the world.

and she then pointed out something to me that we talking about for a while, and i thought i would share with you guys to see if you agree.

and she said.

perhaps instead of this is it my last show performances in london.
(last shows he will do in london ever)

she thought he meant
(last shows he will ever do in the world but held in london)

i really hope this isnt confusing anyone.
because it really confused me.

but anyways.

did he mean

last shows he will do in london.

or

last shows he will ever do held in london.

what do you think??

P.S
im not trying to put a downer on the world tour he might do.

doesnt that mean the same? o_O
last shows in london or held in london?
*confused*

During the press conference he raised his eyebrows after he said London and there was a pause also. I think its just his final shows in London (probably the whole of the UK).

During the press conference he raised his eyebrows after he said London and there was a pause also. I think its just his final shows in London (probably the whole of the UK).

I think so too, maybe the final shows in Europe.

And this whole "This is it" is probably something he cooked up for the "Shock Value", like Barbara Streisand and her "farewell tour"... I mean, haven't she been on 10 farewell tours or something?! :D
And what's more sad is that I can't even name a single song she's done over the years, lol.

This is it, the wait is over ,the moment you've all been waiting for.
Also, this is it, never more in london. It's a double meaning.

I think so too, maybe the final shows in Europe.

And this whole "This is it" is probably something he cooked up for the "Shock Value", like Barbara Streisand and her "farewell tour"... I mean, haven't she been on 10 farewell tours or something?! :D
And what's more sad is that I can't even name a single song she's done over the years, lol.

I agree. hate to say it but it's a gimmick yes.

OK I BELIEVE MJ WA TALKING ABOUT
HIS LAST SHOWS IN EUROPE

he didnt say his last concerts ever

he made it very clear

i have strong feelings that this
is a world tour

Michael made this perfectly clear at the press conference and said these will be the last london based concert preformences he will be making in the captial (London) why everyone quickly assumes he means in Europe beats me entirely!

I think he said London on purpose.

Had the concerts not sold too well - he could have stopped. Now it sold better than anyone could ever have foreseen he has still the chance to perform other places in the world.

I think London was just to see how popular he still is. - That's also why he only announced 10 shows in the beginning. Clearly all 50 dates were planned - IF the tickets could sell - which they could of course! :)

MJ just means in London. There have been talks with China to go there next but of course we dont know and nothing is set in stone plus there is a over 50,000 signed petition to get MJ to Australia. MJ will be doing a world tour.

I don't think he means it all ends there.. like this is it.. in London and no more. I have a feeling he will tour in other parts of the world after. :)

I don't think he means it all ends there.. like this is it.. in London and no more. I have a feeling he will tour in other parts of the world after. :)

thats what i meant i was thinking like this is it in london and no more.
or this is it for the uk in london.
its interesting because it kinnda can have to meanings.

I don't think he meant it as the last show ever but just London specifically. Maybe he'll go to Japan or something after that.

From the begining on it sounded to me like this will be his last shows EVER and this will happen in London. But I could be wrong, who knows.

I think he may peforme more after london.. Like some people have said, notice how he says "final shows.. IN LONDON" then he raises eyebrows while saying it.

Time will tell..

Back