"The Magic & The Madness" - Reliable?

LindavG

Proud Member
I have just finished reading Taraborelli's book "The Magic & The Madness" (1991 version) and I'm not sure how to judge it. Favourable to Michael or not? Reliable or not? :unsure: I guess the book was favourable to Michael for the most part but there were some unneccessary things in there, like the emphasis on his sexuality and an anecdote from a disgruntled ex-employee who said he's a snob and stuff. Also the book implies that every humanitarian award MJ ever received was made up by his own camp, which I find hard to believe. Then again, Michael is also described as sweet, intelligent, generous and hardworking. So I'm not sure whether this is a book Michael would like or not...

Also, I question the reliability of this book at times. A fellow fan said MJ said "If you wanna know the truth about me, read Taraborrelli's book" but some things in there I find hard to believe. Like he supposedly said about Madonna "That'll teach her, that heifer" (said to be his favourite word), can you picture him saying that? :lol: And the way Taraborelli writes is as though he was a fly on the wall and knew exactly what was said e.g. when Michael was on the phone with his mother, including what facial expressions were used. How does he know all that stuff?

Anyway, is there anyone here who read this book and knows more about the reliability of it? Has MJ ever made a public statement about it?

Hi. :waving:

Here's a whole thread about that book. I hope the link works because I had to do a search for the thread topic. It should though.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82447&highlight=Magic+Madness+Story

The thread is full of info. on the book and different versions of the book as well as alot of different opinions on the subject. Hope that helps.
IMHO - with that book one has to come to their own conclusion about it. I like parts of it and there's parts I don't...But I'm glad I read it.

:wub:
souldreamer7

Randy Tabloidelli is nothing but a fanfiction writer. I honestly dont see why MJ fans want to put money in his pockets. He is a major douche in my opinion, not reliable at all. :)

And the way Taraborelli writes is as though he was a fly on the wall and knew exactly what was said e.g. when Michael was on the phone with his mother, including what facial expressions were used. How does he know all that stuff?

that is ridiculous :lol: LOL

Yeah :lol: When reading the book I always would stop and think to myself like.. "how the Heck does he know that, was he there..." lmao!! :lmao:

Here's a whole thread about that book. I hope the link works because I had to do a search for the thread topic. It should though.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82447&highlight=Magic+Madness+Story

The thread is full of info. on the book and different versions of the book as well as alot of different opinions on the subject. Hope that helps.
IMHO - with that book one has to come to their own conclusion about it. I like parts of it and there's parts I don't...But I'm glad I read it.

souldreamer7

Yes, the link works but that thread is about "The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story" which is a much later version of the book so I'm not sure if it's really useful to me... I purposely read the 1991 version because then I won't have to read about the allegations, his commercial "decline", the DNA of his kids etc. :mello:

Randy Tabloidelli is nothing but a fanfiction writer. I honestly dont see why MJ fans want to put money in his pockets. He is a major douche in my opinion, not reliable at all. :)

Not sure if you're addressing me with this, but I would never pay to read this book lol. I read it online (jetzi's website) because I heard a lot of people talking about it.

All you have to do is look at the references in the back of the book. Almost all of his "information" comes from tabloid stories.

That answers it then. I did scroll through the "sources" part and the beginning said he interviewed MJ and his family... but the dates were all 1976, and one from 1980 :mello: Even though he's writing about events up to 1991 and using MJ's quotes. Now I know where he got that info from.

Actaully that thread talks about all versions of the book

souldreamer7

Back