The Magic of Smooth Criminal...

Remington Steele

Proud Member
Everytime I hear it live, it still gives me such a great feeling... especially when the song begins with this great bassline. Just listened to it again (the new great Munich 1992 recording) and I find it amazing how quickly the song seems to capture everybody. I mean everyone was clapping along as soon as this amazing bassline starts. And I remember it was the same at the "Thriller live" event.

I was wondering: Would people who wouldn't know the song react the same way? To me it really feels it catches you instantly... Michael was such a genius.

What I was wondering is: Would people who wouldn't know the song react the same way? To me it really feels it catches you instantly... Michael was such a genius.

Of course they would! And this includes pretty much ALL of Michael's music...He was genius alright - his songs are timeless, universal, and can reach any walk of life, any colour, creed, age...etc, etc....That's what makes him so genius...He understood the power of music, and it's ability to reach people, and touch their emotions....It's what true magic is all about, and he was a true master of that..

Last edited:
I agree that all of Michael's music is contagious...Blood on the Dance Floor is my
phone ringtone. Wherever I am, work, at the store, on line somewhere, if it
plays, people light up and often start moving to the music.

Love it.

@LMAT: Interesting: Which part of the song did you choose as ring tone... can you give a time index of the original song?

yes they would Remington Steele, that very second that funky bassline starts playing, I feel like dancing, :dancin: clapping :clap: ect. What a feeling. :smoothcriminal:

ooYa9-807a8b1d2bd2a23ff0f93d8784f25.gif

Oh yeah, Smooth Criminal! :wild: It's magic! :girl_in_love: :wub: :girl_love: :cloud9: :heart: :girl_aww::D
I don't know why, can't explain it... But I could listen to that song all day long and never get tired of it! Michael's magic! :yes:

ah, right... remember this pic. Hm, but where does this rumor come from regarding Dileo's breath?

not a lot of songs still remain great when you listen to them in acapella or instrumental. but smooth criminal - which happens to be my all-time favourite MJ song (it's a tie between Man in the Mirror) is just one of those songs!

I really hope so! Always thought it was Mike and was very irritated by the Dileo rumor...

smooth criminal is by far the best michael jackson song and short film and the way he performs it live with the lean munich 92 and stockholm 92 has the best bass line

Back