The Lost Children Appreciation Thread

PlatinumMJFan

Proud Member
I have been listening to this song, countless of times today and I couldn't help but think how beautiful it is. What other artist would write about missing or kidnapped children? Also I heard that Prince is at the end of this song, which I found interesting.

Please use this thread to discuss the song The Lost Children, thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMT8ciK5bFc

I love it! I had it on full volume driving home at night in the rain once, and it was amazing! It climbed a couple of places up on the list that night :yes:

its always been one of my favorite mj songs. i can never get enough of it! its very beautiful. whats your favorite bit in the song?

I think this is a fantastic song - I really don't know why many fans isn't really into it.
For me it's one of the better songs on the album, the first verse is pretty much as perfect a verse can get - it builds up perfectly towards the chorus.
That "wood-sound" that is used instead of a typical snare/clap and whatever percussion that starts playing around 1:07 in the left speaker is pretty nice - it kind of sounds like a couple of playing cards or something that he's slapping against his hand?!

It maybe isn't single material, but it fills it's purpose perfectly and it's an anthem of it's own.

Love The Lost Children. I really don't understand why so many fans dislike it

i love it, it's such a beautiful song!! i especially love the part where he sings home with their fathers snug close and warm loving their mothers..

Veeery beautiful song!!
Michael is very caring about them , and I'm proud for being his fan
I'll love him forever!

Whenever I think of this song, I think of when Michael is singing it with his children. Beautiful song. :cry:

Also at the very end when the kids are talking about it being dark and needing to go home, I can totally imagine the kids in a dark forest. This is one of those songs where I get some imagery while listening to it.

Also at the very end when the kids are talking about it being dark and needing to go home, I can totally imagine the kids in a dark forest. This is one of those songs where I get some imagery while listening to it.

Me too.
What a beautiful song.
It's so Michael. You can really feel his heart in it.

I was shocked to see so many people listing it in the Worst Songs thread. :no:
(I've tried to avoid those threads lately...I get super defensive about his music.)

Thank goodness fo rthis thread.
i see it being listed on the "least favorite MJ songs" thread a lot :bugeyed

I love when all the children start singing, it's really touching, it's as if all the missing children are singing at once.

same!
i get teary eyes.

i just love this song very much.
I put on repeat a lot of times.
can't get enough.

let's pray for all the lost children :angel:

i do pray for the missing/lost children every night. :cry:

Whenever I think of this song, I think of when Michael is singing it with his children. Beautiful song. :cry:

same here.
and fireflies coming out to play around the kids...

My God... sorry to get off topic here, but that video I just posted, the ending "Please don't take my Daddy away..." It's actually soul-destroying to watch. :cry:

I absolutely love The Lost Children! It gives me chills, especially when the children choir join in the singing.

I like the song. It is melodious. But now it always reminds me about that home video where Michael was singing this song to his kids. That video makes me sad.

btw, is not 'The Lost Children' one of the Michael's favorite songs on Invincible? :cheeky: He said it somewhere. The Lost Children, Speechless and Unbreakable are his favorite songs on the album.

I love this song, so beautiful and so true. Recently when I hear it it makes me think of that poor sweet baby Shanya(?sp).

My God... sorry to get off topic here, but that video I just posted, the ending "Please don't take my Daddy away..." It's actually soul-destroying to watch. :cry:

I can't watch that video...I had noticed it shortly after Michael passed, and it was heart-wrenching...:(

Back