The last update of the list of the best selling artist of all the time by the IFPI

theprofessor

Proud Member
IFPI(The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry)is with the RIAA a reference neutral about the sales.IFPI represents the recording industry worldwide. I specify that this last update is dated of 2006.

http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/5531

These numbers are a lot more credible that the numbers inflated of labels or wikipedia.

Last edited:
Yes, with 'The Beatles (1) and Elvis (3)' he is in very good company.:clapping:

Michael Jackson is clearly the biggest selling artist solo ever.It is a fact recognized by the IFPI.
But he is also the most successful entertainer( fact recognized by the Guinness World Records).It is a lot more strong that be the biggest selling artist solo ever because the success is about of the combination of all the kind of success( sales,awards,honour,records,concerts etcc).

^^^ thanks for posting the acurrate list theprofessor i saw the video i posted in the other thread in the news section of dailymotion thread

the definition of 'credible' is EXTREMELY subjective. i wish people would stop using the word 'credible'. fans have been acting manic toward the beatles for about the space of five years. for elvis, about the space of five years. this is why elton john said that the shelf life for the 'average' icon is about five years. elton' had manic fans for about the space of five years. but Michael fans have been acting manic toward him for about the space of 39 years. and counting. there is a reason why Michael continues to be the only artist that mainstream media continues to pick on with their editorials. manic fan behaviour equals manic sales. plus you have to count how much of the world's geography that each act covers in fanbase, and for how long. Michael covers more geography, for much longer than any of these other iconic acts.

Last edited:
I accept this list but, who buys Julio Iglesias?, like really :scratch:
I'm from South America and I'm telling you, nobody ever speaks about him or radios play his songs, but oh well... :D

You are all welcome;)

It is really impressive to see that Mj is number 2 with very few of released albums.In term of average of sales by album , Mj is clearly number 1.

Are you guys tired? this list is a FAKE released back in 2004. IFPI never come up with a list of any rankings.

MJ alive was the best selling artist of all time but no offical figures.

Are you guys tired? this list is a FAKE released back in 2004. IFPI never come up with a list of any rankings.

MJ alive was the best selling artist of all time but no offical figures.

WOW!!! when did this happen???

^^^ i think they mean the jackson 5.. cause they sold around that much

ive always heard that the jackson 5 sold 100+ million worldwide.. im not sure how much the jacksons sold

but back in the 70's they already sold 60 million records :scratch:

And you think they sold almost a 100 million records since then? I don't think so. It's simply impossible. Frankly, I think even the 100 million records number is inflated. The numbers just don't add up.

Back