The Last Time Michael danced on stage...

michael4eva

Proud Member
I think its quite poignant that the last time Michael Jackson danced on stage was with his idol , mentor and friend James Brown at the bet awards..When you look at the clip you will see Michael completely content, pure , free and happy..Not many people other than Michael could make him dance but when James Brown says 2, 3...well, he woulda always started dancing for his main inspiration..It was one of the most beautiful, emotional and powerful moments in entertainment history that was not contrived.It was the linking of two generations and the passing of the torch..

The torch has been methaphoricaaly passed from the greatest entertainers and song/dance men in history in video clips if you look on youtube.From Sammy Davis passing the torch to James Brown at the Hollywood Palace to James passing it to Michael at the bb king concert and at the bet awards.Sadly this line can not continue but in a way that is good because it stopped at Michael.No one will surpass what he had achieved and even if he lived to 100, noone would have come around worthy of continuing that line in my humble opinion.He was the greatest of them all and incorporated so many artitst into his soul when performing, singing or dancing and out of it all came the unique unreplacable Michael Jackson.

I urge anyone who has not seen te bet awards 2003 to watch it and look at the emotional raw speech that Michael gives which over whelms him to the point of tears.Our first image of Michael was a cover of ' I got the feeling' and his last dancing performance was also with the same man..It is all to poignant and quite surreal for words.But in a way quite perfect.And if you find the full clip, the face of Michael when James Brown makes the signal for the band to start up again..Well in that moment, you see in his face the joy and love and utter respet andawe he had for james brown.he looked like a kid of 6 again in that moment

I truely believe Michael was not the same after the court case if you look at his face after the verdict but he was less of himself when his mentor died.He lost a piece of his soul there and I think his death could have been one reason sadly for his reluctance to get back on stage sooner.He took around a year out after his death to think about performing.I love them both and felt a void leave me when James Brown died, cant imagine what left Michael's spirit when james died.That was a huge loss.cant be underestimated how crucial it was to him i think.I Think he felt more safe and secure knowing james brown was out there performing.

Please read this if you are intersted more about this very important part of Michael's soul.And look at the bet website for part of the bet clip but also for the show on the wknd which will now be a michael jackson tribute.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2009/06/26/liv_528958.shtml

Back