The "King of Pop" Title

Mjjprincess18

Proud Member
I noticed that in the media its so easy to claim that someone is the new "King of Pop" i.e Justin b., Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, etc but its never the same with other musical titles like reggae or rock and roll. Has anyone else noticed this common trend or is it just me? Why is it that people are so bent on defaming Michael and making it seem like the title is so easy to gain? I don't think there will be another musical artist that had the type of influence Michael had in years to come, but that's just me. I'm interested to know you guys thoughts.

I see the some people timidly attempting it, like saying "He COULD be" and some say "Prince of Pop" because they know they will be crushed if they actually claim it. For what I've seen, people seem to know better UNLESS they don't know anything. I don't ean that as an insult, but those who don't know much about MJ don't get the gravity of his work and influence. They are the ones throwing around the title I think. But even those who say negative things seem to hold his place with regard. (I mean the ones who say "No doubt his music was amazing, but...)

For me, I never liked the title and I don't think it is very fitting. The full title, Kind of Pop, Rock, and Soul is more fitting, but Elvis was already the King of Rock so that couldn't work. I have heard King of Music used for MJ, that's a good one.

I see him more as the King of Children, or better yet, King of Kindness.

Lark

Michael is the one and only true "King Of Pop", Beiber, Timberlake and Brown can get any title themselves they want, but they'll never be "King Of Pop".

The full title is king of pop, rhytm and blues and soul.
King of music would be better but it still isn´t enough.

and why the hell is bieber mentioned on the "who is the king of pop?"-question? thats shamefull and anoying.
this stupid little kid DID NOT archieved anything important. never. thats only a media created wannabe.
and the answer to the question why they always ask who the new ^^ king of pop is, is very simply. cause the media is and was always against him. and he is black.

What i find funny is how people are quick to take away MJ's ''king of pop'' title and no one cares but if anyone tried to take away Elvis Presley's ''king of rock n roll'' title or The Beatles ''fab four'' title than that would be blasphemous

But Elvis and The Beatles are media darlings

What i find funny is how people are quick to take away MJ's ''king of pop'' title and no one cares but if anyone tried to take away Elvis Presley's ''king of rock n roll'' title or The Beatles ''fab four'' title than that would be blasphemous

But Elvis and The Beatles are media darlings

That's what drives me insane! I have never once heard someone trying to claim there was a new king of rock and roll or fab four. It's so unfair how the world treated Michael. God bless his soul.

popcorn-MJ.gif

Michael Jackson = This Is It
Justin Bieber = This Is Sh*t.
Michael ~~ The KING Forever..!!!
:cheeky:

^^ I agree, but I get what others are saying here that the title he's had for so long seems so easily replaceable as opposite to king of rock or king of reggae with Bob Marley. It too bothers me quite a bit to be honest, but on the other hand I find it to be quite a limiting title so I much prefer King of Pop, Rock and Soul (we could add R&B but that'd be too long :laugh:) or King of Music. I don't know Michael was so rich and versatile in his work that I don't think the title he OWNS now is enough to cover all the aspects of his career. I also agree with the fact that people (mostly younger crowds) who know nothing of Michael's work are the ones giving out titles right and left. I even saw some fb page claiming that... this Ke$ha girl was part of the "new" musical royalty, GIVE ME A BREAK NOW! :doh: :puke::puke:

Michael was just recently referred to as the Prince of Pop in some article! :doh: I don't remember whether it was related to the AEG trial, Paris or the Cirque show. Yet another very lame and very obvious attempt to degrade him and his unparalleled achievements.

^^ That's just plain ridiculous!! I can't with this new generation of brainless people

When there is an article about JB or anyone else, have they ever printed a story calling Justin Bieber King of Pop?
They how ridiculous and downright odd it sounds :rollin:
They are just trying to get hits to their websites as they know MJ fans gets upset when they print JB or someone else is next KOP, but they honestly really don't believe that any of these can take the title of from MJ or deserves to be called with any title at all.
Whether they like it or not, KOP belongs to Michael, he owns it.
Biebs and others just have to work and earn their own titles.

About the title Prince of Pop, Daily mai UK used that title on Michael just to piss of MJ fans.

Last edited:
Lol never in a million years do I want to hear "Justin Bieber" and "King Of Pop" in the same sentence,unless it's used as:

"Justin Bieber will never be the King Of Pop in his lifetime."

IMHO,Michael's probably turning over in his grave at how shamed he is in our generation of male pop singers.There would be no male pop singers whatsoever without Michael,including R&B and Soul as well.Most all of our male pop singers today just don't do him justice.Bruno Mars,Justin Timberlake,and Chris Brown are all accepting in my book.However,Justin Bieber will never even begin to come close to Michael Jackson's level,even though his delusional fanbase seems to think so.

Doesnt matter if another fan base calls their idol "king of pop"
They know it's not true and we most certainly know it too.
No matter who the artist is, the term "king of pop" will always bring Michael Jackson into mind. Nuff said.

Back