The Jacksons - 1976 Album...

Franniiv3

Proud Member
Hello Everyone,
My name's Francis i'm 20 and I live in Manchester in England and am new here. I really love Michael Jackson and The Jacksons music 'so am at the right place yes;)' , so I hope you're all good=)
Am kind of killing two birds with one stone here with my introducing and question, but anyways I just wondered if anyone's CD Edition of 'The Jacksons- 1976' album has lyrics in their booklet? Mine just opens and has the tracklist on the left and the credits on the right. It's just odd as the other Jacksons albums have booklets with lyrics or photographs. I guess that maybe as it were the first The Jacksons album it didn't have them included. I have the European version made in Austria 'cat no: 4688772'. Does anyone have other editions like the US edition with the lyrics inside? I know it's a random thought but it's just been bugging me today... thanks in advance=) Lv Francis

The original vinyl album didn't have lyrics, but the others did, except Live! and Victory. In Japan, they include lyrics with pretty much all albums, regardless of how they are released in other countries. In some cases there's extra songs not on other countries versions

Last edited:
Is the inside CD cover blank? Because mine has the picture from the LP gatesleeve which should be similar to this:
71107.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, Thank You for the information that is really interesting=) I guess it didn't have lyrics as the original Vinyl Lp didn't include them. Yes I noticed that Live! and Victory didn't have lyrics but the photographs made up for that=) Especially Live! I really liked that booklet. I love how Japanese albums always come with the lyrics in the extra booklets, I only have a few Japanese Editions but they're always really amazing. \
Yes there is a photo similar to the cover of The Essential you showed, it is on the back of the insert/booklet so you see it when you open the case. Lv x

only The Jacksons didn't have the lyrics.. Victory didn't have the lyrics in US/Europe.. but in Japan they did.

Hey thanks for clearing that up more=) Am just glad i've not missed something or bought one of those budget versions of albums you sometimes see with the lyrics taken out maybe to save paper 'so nice in theory' Lv x

Back