The Jackson 5, ain't no sunshine (is only Michael singing on that one)

Michael'sFedoraHat

Proud Member
I did this, because i love the song, but i have a BIG doubtand is this one: is there any other of the brothers singing on it or is it just Michael? i mean the main lines? :blink:

This is credited as MJ and not J5. Though I suspect you're asking as many of Michael's 'solo' Motown recordings feature his brothers on backing vocals.

alot of ppl think Bill Weither's version is the original. Michael's version actually came out first on his first solo album Got To Be There.

I love Bey but i hate it sooo much when she says she's gonna sing I Wanna Be Where You Are by the Jackson 5. I'd be wanting to tell her whoever gave her that info needs to be fired cause only MJ sings that song

alot of ppl think Bill Weither's version is the original. Michael's version actually came out first on his first solo album Got To Be There.

Wrong. The song was written by Bill Withers, so his is the original. It was released as a single by Withers in June 1971. Got To Be There was released in 1972.

I love Bey but i hate it sooo much when she says she's gonna sing I Wanna Be Where You Are by the Jackson 5. I'd be wanting to tell her whoever gave her that info needs to be fired cause only MJ sings that song

Although you are right, it is credit as MJ solo, I'm sure I can hear his brothers in there briefly.

The live version has a full background part added. They did this on other songs, too, such as "That's How Love Goes," "Never Can Say Goodbye," and "Daddy's Home." I wonder if the background part was recorded and removed from the final mix.

yes and because there is a part of the song the voice sounds a bit different, i mean in the part "wonder this time where she's gone" sounds diferent, may be is just my ear

Yes, you're right. However, since Michael's Got to Be There-album was released in January, the gap in time between the release of Withers' and Mike's versions was small, and I can see why the song could be associated with the latter. Then again, Bill wrote the song, and that should settle the case.

Back