The J5 Collection: New fashion line paying tribute to The Jackson 5

mj_brainiac

Proud Member
http://americanrebelpr.com/blog/?p=3944

THE J5 COLLECTION LAUNCHES MUSIC INSPIRED FASHION LINE PAYING TRIBUTE TO INTERNATIONAL MEGA GROUP, THE JACKSON 5

j-5logo.jpg

Los Angeles, CA. – November 4, 2010 – The first family of music, the Jacksons, introduce their highly anticipated, music-inspired collection of fashion t-shirts and limited edition leather jackets, in honor of legendary pop-music pioneers, The Jackson 5. As a tribute to the iconic mega group, the line combines vintage images, spanning 4 decades of music legacy, with on-trend cuts to deliver a fresh, fashionable collection.

Based and produced in Los Angeles, the J5 Collection offers men’s and women’s styles featuring 24 varying vintage images and illustrations representative of the Rock & Roll Hall of Famers. Images dating from the 60’s, such as the Jackson 5’s first newspaper article, to the 70’s Afro funk graphics, all the way up to official art from the 80’s biggest concert tour, the 1984 world Victory Tour, J5 Collection captures the essence of one of the most iconic families of all time.

The men’s line includes short sleeve crew tees in jersey and triblend, jersey short sleeve V-necks, and long sleeve raglans with slub bodies and jersey sleeves. For women, The J5 Collection offers raglans in short and long sleeves, racerback jersey tanks, scoop neck jersey tees, and jersey crop tees. The collection is available at an MSRP of $45-$55.

The J5 Collection also captures the “Jacksonmania” spirit with limited edition, exact replicas of the iconic “Thriller” and “Beat It” jackets that the late Michael Jackson made famous. The premium jackets are produced, down to the detail, in the design of the original jackets. The Thriller jacket design is soft red leather with black detailing and “v” design on the back. The “Beat It” jackets, in red or white leather, feature chainmail detailing, diagonal zipper designs and detachable gathered sleeves. Jackets will be offered starting at an MSRP of $900.

Following a soft August 2010 launch at Project trade show, the J5 Collection will be available in prestigious boutiques and better department stores worldwide, in late February with select styles available on the website beginning today.

The J5 Collection, officially licensed through The Jackson Estate, is a true celebration of the many accomplishments of The Jackson 5, a pop-music phenomenon that shaped rock & roll history and continues to inspire modern day music for generations to come.

###

About The J5 Collection

For more than four decades, The Jackson 5 has created a legacy in entertainment that has yet to be paralleled. The record breaking recording group included brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, Randy and Michael. Their music and image transcended race and created the worldwide phenomenon, Jacksonmania.

The J5 Collection, launched in August 2010, is a unique celebration of The Jackson’s achievements as an international mega group. The Los Angeles based line features vintage images and illustrations dating back to their first newspaper article, up to their 1984 Victory Tour. The line will be carried in prestigious boutiques and department stores worldwide. With over 150 million albums sold worldwide and having introduced the greatest artist of all-time, this collection is reflective of the brothers’ legacy and the inspiration of music on fashion.

www.j5collection.com

Media Contact

American Rebel PR

Chris Detert/Kelly Kupper

1509 N. Crescent Heights Blvd #5

Los Angeles, CA 90046

chris@americanrebelpr.com

Kelly@americanrebelpr.com

blog1.jpg

blog2.jpg

blog3.jpg

I want the Thriller and BEAT IT jacket! But seriously, are those 900 dollars?

If Randy will get some of the profit=> NOT INTERESTED

I will buy 900$ worth of "MICHAEL" new CD before I give Randy Jackson a penny.

Who's gonna buy these t-shirts with Jermaine's face on them? Seriously?

$900.00 in this economy. LOL!

Better late then never, I guess. I just wonder why this J5 Collection didn't come out years ago.

I know the brothers were waiting for Michael to join them, but shoot, they could have gone to Vegas, without Michael, did shows and sold this J5 Collection in the merchandise shop. They probably would have made a killing!

In 2010, I'm guessing the MJ items "may" have a chance, but the other stuff, I'm not too sure.

Agree they need to include plenty of (much) lower price items , particularly accessories eg belts, scarves, bags etc. There are already lots of premium brands out there...better to be low-middling range and have wider appeal, maybe with just a handful of iconic 'luxury' items.

I like a lot of the styles (and they seem wearable by a wide age range) , but there's an awful lot of grey in there, which doesn't always look good under grey British / northern european skies.

Oh yeah, nice one! J5 inspired? I forgot the Jackson family were involved with Thriller and Beat It. Gimme an effing break lol

And if people don't want to give Randy money then they better stop buying ANYTHING Jackson Five/Jacksons because they all still get artist performance royalties.

I can see $200 maybe $250 for real leather jackets but $900.00..lol I have to run away from that. There are jackets on eBay for cheaper!

Back