The intros on Vision look awesome, but...

[youtube]1BLmYfqmpnQ[/youtube]

Looks so damn awesome, they really did their best on this, thats pretty obvious. But why didn't they do anything to improve the video quality? I've read it on several forums now that the quality is really nothing better than the DVDs that are out. Such a shame...otherwise i would've gone out and bought it.

I just think that so many people have HD TVs now that we are noticing the flaws in the videos more. People are used to HD video now. I was watching the old MJ dvds to compare them to vision and more or less they looked the same on my HDTV.

Whoever made that video missed out some of the intros. And most of Vision's videos' quality are far better than those previously released, IMO.

or scream, or stranger in moscow, or liberian girl, leave me alone, give into me? aw man. Well they did a great job anyway..

Yeah, those are awesome! There's lots missing though! GITM, Say Say Say, Childhood, Scream, SIM, Enjoy Yourself....

Most of Michael's videos are now 20 years old or older so as technology improves and screens get biggers, the videos will look worse. Same with very old films in the past. Michael didn't have a HD Recorder cam back in the 80's.

If all the old short films were only truly short FILMS, as in shot using a 35 or 70mm film, technically they could be converted not only to HD, but to the futuristic 4K standard which is X4 times the definition of 1080P today HD... I thing Thriller was shot using film...

Most of Michael's videos are now 20 years old or older so as technology improves and screens get biggers, the videos will look worse. Same with very old films in the past. Michael didn't have a HD Recorder cam back in the 80's.

Nope, he didn't have an HD camera, he used film. Which is better than HD. The problem is the editing was done on video and the masters are on video. So until sony busts out the original film neg and restores and recreates the edits in hd, we are stuck with the old tech.

Awhile ago i saw Once upon a time in the west, a movie from the 60's or 70's if i'm correct, it was in HD. It was digitally optimized again, they could have easily done that for Michael's videos too.

And what the others are saying, alot of videos are indeed missing, i wasn't even aware of that. Weird...if you gonna release a dvd box of his videos, just put all on it.

Awhile ago i saw Once upon a time in the west, a movie from the 60's or 70's if i'm correct, it was in HD. It was digitally optimized again, they could have easily done that for Michael's videos too.

And what the others are saying, alot of videos are indeed missing, i wasn't even aware of that. Weird...if you gonna release a dvd box of his videos, just put all on it.

would it have been a financially sound decision??? How much would it have cost the estate vs how many of the sets would be sold?

I have Vision...it is fine. Definitely a step up from the other dvds including History, dangerous etc. I think they did a good job. They could have done better of course, but having all these videos in one package far outweighs all the negatives that people have been whining about

Hmmmmmmm...if you are referring to Arklove's post...I think it was in reference to the intros that are missing from the youtube video.

would it have been a financially sound decision??? How much would it have cost the estate vs how many of the sets would be sold?

I have Vision...it is fine. I think they did a good job. They could have done better of course, but having all these videos in one package far outweighs all the negatives that people have been whining about

I see what you mean and partly agree. Personally i have the HIStory greatest hits dvd and Dangerous short films on dvd. And i still need those HIStory videos like Stranger in Moscow, Scream and so on...that's a reason to want it. But I might as well wait because eventually they are gonna put every single video of him on a DVD box or bluray, i definitely see that happening. With also Ghosts the short film on it, not just the video. When that happens, that'll be a no brainer for me.

As for financially, they do it for so many movies out there, why not for the greatest entertainer and artist ever? :) Especially after his passing he gained alot of new fans....surely they'd buy it too? Plus Sony got plenty of money to spend i bet...it's just too bad.

(my bad about Stranger in Moscow,Scream, not being on it )

I see what you mean and partly agree. Personally i have the HIStory greatest hits dvd and Dangerous short films on dvd. And i still need those HIStory videos like Stranger in Moscow, Scream and so on...that's a reason to want it. But I might as well wait because eventually they are gonna put every single video of him on a DVD box or bluray, i definitely see that happening. With also Ghosts the short film on it, not just the video. When that happens, that'll be a no brainer for me.

As for financially, they do it for so many movies out there, why not for the greatest entertainer and artist ever? :) Especially after his passing he gained alot of new fans....surely they'd buy it too? Plus Sony got plenty of money to spend i bet...it's just too bad.

(my bad about Stranger in Moscow,Scream, not being on it )

yeah...I was like wtf???

Arklove meant the youtube clip did not include intros for SIM, Scream..and a bunch of others.

Aside from the oddballs (watzupwitchu..thank God!!) all MJ's solo videos are there.

Oh one thing that bugs me.....Blood On The Dance Floor video. The remix..??? :no:

Yeah i don't care for Whatzupwithu neither, but BOTDF remix? Don't think i ever heard it, or was it on the cd in the remixes section? I never did like the remixes at all.

Yeah i don't care for Whatzupwithu neither, but BOTDF remix? Don't think i ever heard it, or was it on the cd in the remixes section? I never did like the remixes at all.

I always thought there were only one or two much better remixes than others (per a song). There are those great r&b remixes of BOTDF.

Back