The House that Michael Jackson Nearly Bought is Open to Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherubimII

Proud Member
Work to Be Completed on Michael's Irish Home, It Will Be Open for the Public to Rent
By JEROME REILLY
Sunday June 06 2010
1224271881507_1.jpg

Bishopstown House, Co Westmeath: Michael Jackson intended to use the newly refurbished house as a retreat

THE reason Michael Jackson loved Ireland so much was because of the privacy it gave him and his children, according to entrepreneur Paddy Dunning, who has turned the house the pop star was building near Moate into a luxury self-catering mansion.

Bishopstown House in Co Westmeath was bought in trust for Jackson in 2006 by Mr Dunning, who owns the nearby Grouse Lodge Studios -- popular with artists such as REM, Manic Street Preachers and Snow Patrol.

Jackson spent time in Ireland in 2005 and 2006 along with his children Blanket, Paris and Prince Michael.
He fell in love with Bishopstown House, which was in ruins and overgrown with ivy.

He told Mr Dunning he had never been happier than during the time he spent in Ireland. "Back in the US, I spend my life behind closed gates," the pop star said.

Plans were drawn up to Jackson's specifications and in 2008 Mr. Dunning applied to Westmeath County Council on Jackson's behalf for planning permission to refurbish the house and add a number of maisonettes.

The fact that the work was being done for Jackson was kept under wraps. There were also plans for an indoor swimming pool.
Jackson didn't live long enough to see the project completed and work stopped following his death.

Negotiations then began with the Jackson family and work resumed last spring.

Now the 5,000sq.ft property is open to hire out as a weekend or weekly retreat.
Between June and August, €1,500 will secure the house for a weekend stay, with weekly rates starting at €2,000. The house includes six spacious bedrooms which can sleep 13, with most bedrooms featuring four-poster beds.
Also featured is a round-table dining room that can seat up to 20 people and a rooftop terrace with 360-degree views.

Jackson sometimes enjoyed a glass of Guinness or a glass of red wine in a bar attached to the recording studios. Poignantly, the bicycles used by Jackson and his children are still scattered around the house where he stayed.

- JEROME REILLY
http://www.independent.ie/national-...-nearly-bought-is-open-to-public-2209805.html

I predict one day, Prince, Paris, and Blanket will stay there, and feel the wonderful presence of their father.
I believe he will even visit them there.
giveheart.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back