The Hits Changed Back To The Essential!

Franniiv3

Proud Member
HMV.co.uk suck! I pre-ordered 'The Hits' like a month ago and now they have completely changed my order and posted 'The essential' out to me according to their email.

My original order confirmation shows that I did indeed order 'The Hits'... they have changed without without any notice or customer discretion!

I have had The Essential for years like any normal fan and not like somebody jumping on the bandwagon buying items now as they never actually cared before!

This is so annoying, anybody else had this misfortune with HMV pre orders?

Lv x

Wasn't the hits just going to be 'The Essential' with a cardboard sleeve over the top featuring the new cover?
I'm not sure that it was ever going to be a completely separate project, just a rebranding of the old one. I Might be wrong tho.

I don't know about the cardboard cover... but yes it was supposed to have the same tracklist. I thought they were at least going to change the artwork and liner notes a little.

it's possible they have now withdrawn it to make way for something of more substance 'well bigger or with something new or unreleased'.

Lv x

It appears Sony don't want to be seen as cashing in on Michael's passing, so they have pulled the slipcase and just re-pressed the essential album...

Well there's a first for Sony! Perhaps they will treat his art better now, it's such a shame it has taken his passing for this to happen=(

I got this email today after expressing my disappointment that they had just sent out an alternative item without informing me first...

"Thank you for your email.

To confirm in regards to the item you have received, the 'Essential' CD was originally released in 2005. The record company, Sony, planned to reissue it on 14th July 2009 with an exclusive slipcase which would rename it 'The Hits' to coincide with the O2 gigs in London.

However, due to the tragic death of Michael last week, they did not want to be seen to be releasing a new title and so removed the slipcase and reverted back to 'The Essential' title. All of the catalogue / barcode and tracklisting has remained the same throughout the changes. Therefore, apart from a different cover, hmv have supplied the CD ordered but understand it may not be fully as you were expecting.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Cherrett
ECommerce Customer Service Manager"

They also give details of how to return it by freepost... so to all who are in the same situation as me they will deal with it.

I know in light of what has happend it seems wrong to get annoyed by this but it is still yet another product... we already have the music. It's not that we're annoyed by of course, it's the physical item.

Lv x

Back