The Future Of Captain EO - Cast your VOTE

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
(22-2-2012) After Michael Jackson passed away in June of 2009, fans urged Disney to bring back the beloved film Captain EO to the theme parks, and Disney listened.

To the delight of thousands of fans both old and new, Disney brought the attraction, which first debuted back in 1987 and showcases two original songs by Jackson, back to Disneyland and its other parks around the world in 2010.

The 17-minute movie by executive producer George Lucas and director Francis Ford Coppola features the King of Pop in the staring role and when it returned following his death, fans flocked to Disney theme parks believing it's return would be a limited engagement. But at the time, Disney officials never declared an end date and they still haven't.

Thursday marks the two-year anniversary of its return and Disney has yet to announce when the attraction will depart and what will take it's place.

Last year, the Tokyo Disney Resort decided to keep Captain EO indefinitely. The movie also appears in Walt Disney World’s Epcot in Florida and at Disneyland Paris.

Currently, the OCRegister website is running a poll asking readers what attraction they would like to see replace Captain EO, and as of Tuesday afternoon over 2,000 had responded with the majority of people voting to keep Captain EO forever. That poll is still taking place and you can cast your vote by clicking here!

http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2012/02/22/whats-next-for-captain-eo-at-disneyland/108865/

Re: The Future Of Captain EO

keep it.. I am so happy that folks are voting to keep it there. I love MJ and I miss him so much!!:(

I haven't seen it yet so please please please keep it! I will get to Disney one day.

I just voted to keep Captain EO, and I noticed most people are voting likewise.
So, let'keep the votes coming!!!!

Keep it forever!! I remember seeing it at Disneyworld in 1988 and then again in Tokyo Disneyland in 2011! I want it to become a permanent attraction!!

I haven't seen it yet so please please please keep it! I will get to Disney one day.

Glad to say that I finally saw it last October at Epcot. The reaction from the crowd was great. There was alot of clapping, especially when MJ 1st appeared.

Hope it stays on for years and years.

Glad to say that I finally saw it last October at Epcot. The reaction from the crowd was great. There was alot of clapping, especially when MJ 1st appeared.

Hope it stays on for years and years.

Good to hear that fan reaction was great!!

I've never seen it in Disney land with 3D. - So please keep it there so I can get a chance to se it!!

I voted :) Im happy to see all the comments also are in favor to keep Captain EO Forever

I voted for Michael.... Capt. EO forever :)

I am so glad to see that this article has been posted here. I went to see Captain EO on Christmas Day at Epcot-Disney World. When we entered everyone listened quietly to the pre-show and then watched the film inside. When it finished everyone applauded-I was so proud. Being a huge fan I was so happy to see that there wasn't anyone making snide jokes and that people seemed to have genuinely enjoyed it. Personally I didn't realize that he would appear so huge on the screen in 3D,emotionally it took me back and there was one point where I wanted to stretch out my arms, grab his legs and pull him back to us. I've voted in this poll and I'll definitely be spreading the link. Keep voting people!

How can I vote? I wanna vote "keep Captain EO forever", but I think I can't because of Twitter and I don't have it.

Voted, and hope it stays for a long time to come. I'd like love to see it sometime in the future.

I voted also to keep it of course. Over 2353 ppl have voted to keep it forever. I hope they listen to the public. Why not keep it? It's such a classic and just great fun for the entire family!

Let's post this link to other sites. We need to keep Captain EO on forever. I posted this on MJ Fan Club :clap:

Back