The Final "New" Album.

Daniel.San

Proud Member
I'm making this thread as a bit of an outlet for creativeness to flow through us again. I certainly don't think they'll release just ONE final album with unreleased tracks, however this thread i'm asking only about the NEW album that was being planned for release this year (I think? lol).

We've all spent the last 4 or so years since the trial, hearing rumours, gossip, leaks and interviews about Michael's new material he was recording. As fans we anticipated something huge and new every year and countless threads were created which made up "fantasy" albums based on what we'd love to have and what we've heard.

Since a lot has changed in the last month, and Michael is no longer with us, the anticipation has intensified. Not only are fans clamoring for this album, but everyone who knew his music are as well.

What would you PERSONALLY love to see get released by Sony (or whoever) in honor of Michael and his legacy? Any ideas like:
- Album name?
- Album cover?
- Number of tracks?
- Who will oversee the production and the making of the album?
- Release date?
- Promotion to accompany the release (TII footage, etc)

I dont mean this to be disrespectful at all, and I hope no one takes it that way. I just thought it would be a good topic to discuss and i'm curious to know what the general consensus is in regards to his final NEW album material...

I'll give my own take on what i'd love to see, personally. I think the next thing to drop should be the result of what Michael was working on in the last 2 or so years, and not a 4 disc collection of B-sides and unreleased tracks from each era.

I think it would be nice to have a complete new album, as close to what Michael had intended when he set out recording for it. I'm sure the likes of Will.i.am, Akon, Teddy Riley and others would have a fair idea from conversations with Michael as to what he was aiming for.

It would be an ultimate tribute to our idol if a new album smashed some records, and maybe even some BIGGER records that were his own, which he tried so hard to top for so long. So here goes:

Album Title: Michael Jackson
Album Cover:
64278275.jpg

This HAS to be the best photo i've seen of Michael in the last decade... so happy :)
Number of Tracks: 13-15.
What ever Michael intended, or had completed for a new album. No previous era B-sides on this album
Producer: I think it should be a collective mind process for much of the album, however I think ONE person should be given overall leadership in production. Someone like Janet even?
Release Date: August 29, 2010.
Promotion: I haven't thought about this long enough. However a documentary focusing on the making of the album with Akon, Will.i.am, etc would be nice. Also the airing of the recorded This Is It concert on prime time TV across the globe would be awesome as well.

There you go!

I'll give my own take on what i'd love to see, personally. I think the next thing to drop should be the result of what Michael was working on in the last 2 or so years, and not a 4 disc collection of B-sides and unreleased tracks from each era.

I think it would be nice to have a complete new album, as close to what Michael had intended when he set out recording for it. I'm sure the likes of Will.i.am, Akon, Teddy Riley and others would have a fair idea from conversations with Michael as to what he was aiming for.

It would be an ultimate tribute to our idol if a new album smashed some records, and maybe even some BIGGER records that were his own, which he tried so hard to top for so long. So here goes:

Album Cover:
64278275.jpg

This HAS to be the best photo i've seen of Michael in the last decade... so happy :)
Number Of Tracks: 13-15.
What ever Michael intended, or had completed for a new album. No previous era B-sides on this album
Producer: I think it should be a collective mind process for much of the album, however I think ONE person should be given overall leadership in production. Someone like Janet even?
Promotion: I haven't thought about this long enough. However a documentary focusing on the making of the album with Akon, Will.i.am, etc would be nice. Also the airing of the recorded This Is It concert on prime time TV across the globe would be awesome as well.

There you go!

So sweet you used my siggy :p

After Michael will be put to rest, the new album(s) should be released very soon for too many reasons and the most important is to support the kids, new material will help the fans to heal and will be an opportunity to channel the majority of positive media to support the sales of the new album(s), I personally expect the following:

- New album release is imminent and will be released sooner than schedule.
- New video already confirmed and might be used in a tribute concert.
- Michael previous albums maybe re-released in their anniversaries as special editions
- Highly animated music videos might be expected
- More demand for impersonators and they might be used for special events
- There might be an unreleased song dedicated for Neverland
- Someone might try to get interviews with his kids and bundle with new album/DVD releases.
- Most unreleased material might be released as new albums instead of Greatest Hits bonus material.
- There might be at least one movie about him and a soundtrack for it.
- New music videos may contain unseen footage of him.

I dont mean to be rude but as much as I like what you've posted AK, the meaning of this thread was to ask about the FINAL album Michael was in the process of creating.

I'll surely make a thread at a later date asking what you would like to see happen in terms of EVERYTHING being released, but this isn't asking that much just yet :).

All we know is that Michael recorded songs and that he might release a record. I personally think that Michael has recorded music all the years between albums, even at the time we didn't get these reports of Michael being in the studio. I think Sony will look into Michael's entire catalouge of unreleased songs, wich goes back all the way to Off The Wall.

i hope its not the final and not just 1 album :(

dont write this

i hope 50 songs at least will be released or more...
so sad if all just would be treasures forever

- Album name?
Forever King

- Album cover
Definitely the pic Daniel posted.

- Number of tracks
12. Michael's songs tend to run a bit long. I think 12 songs will be more than enough to wet our palette. Keep the track list short and trim the fat. Focus on making a great playing album as opposed to the "best" songs. By doing this, it will sound more like a true album as opposed to a bunch of unreleased songs.

Begin with a banger in the vein of "Jam." End the disc in the vein of a global awareness song ("Heal The World") or an intensely personal song ("Someone Put Your Hand Out"). Give us a nice ballad around track 5 or 6.

-Who will oversee the production and the making of the album?
Teddy Riley should oversee the album. Many people may argue Quincy, but he hasn't worked with Mike in 20 years. Teddy worked with him on the Invincible album and is a great producer in his own right. Get Bruce Swedien or at the very least, a Bruce Swedien understudy to mix the album. It will give it that warm, open feel that we've become accustomed to in his music.

- Release date?
TBD. Finish the album first. No need to give a date. That never works anyway.

- Promotion to accompany the release
The night before the album is released, Bad Yokohama should be aired uncut on MTV, VH1 and BET. Some would argue This Is It Rehearsal footage, but if and when this is released, it will be dissected to see if there is a "sign" of what happened to him. I think the This Is It footage will be too scrutinized and it would simply overshadow the album. The Bad Tour is something fans have always wanted released, but never was released officially.

Album Cover:
64278275.jpg

Number of Tracks: 13-15.

There you go!

I COMPLETLY agree and i looove your choice of picture for the album cover, perfect!! x

- Album name? - THIS IS IT
- Album cover? - I like the pic you posted
- Number of tracks? - 15
- Who will oversee the production and the making of the album? - Teddy Riley
- Release date? - August 25th, 2009 - The Tuesday before his birthday
- Promotion to accompany the release (TII footage, etc) - uptempo single for late June or Early August. Release the This Is It tour rehearsals to theatres in August. Honestly I think that's all they'd have to do. Also, re-air Private Home Movies and 30th Anniversary Concert. Maybe even the Number Ones Special as well.

- Album name? - Legend.Simple and effective
- Album cover? - Like the MJJ logo but just the shoes and glittery socks on a black baground
- Number of tracks? - however many were worked on,no filler b sides
- Who will oversee the production and the making of the album? - Dre Dre/N.E.R.D and Will.I.Am
- Release date? - The day after the Sony contract runs out.
- Promotion to accompany the release - Some sort of tribute tour,with the proceeds going to the HealThe World Foundation.This won't need much hype.The demand is already there.

Who would release the album if you waited for the Sony contract to run out? lol... Surely if he was IN contract during the recording process Sony would still claim rights to the use of them.

I think each way you look at it, hate it or love it Sony has Michael covered.

Tommy Mattola is no longer in the picture anyway so I don't see why theres an issue.

And yeah... that picture is truly the best image of Michael i've seen in the last decade. I know it was from a photo shoot in the last year or so but which one? Does anyone have any link to a better quality version of it? It suits an album cover so much because it captures Michael's spirit, and is a representation of Michael towards the end of his life. Having something like his logo just makes it seem more... posthumous.

I think it should come out as a double disc and have the case thick like the history album. And it should be called History Past, Present, and future book 2. I think the album should be all white with the new mj logo on the front in gold. Have the first disc be old unreleased songs and have the second disc be the new material Michael recorded. But if Michael already had an idea about how he wanted everything to be than they should do it that way. But I have to say I really like my idea, haha.

The album should simply be - MICHAEL JACKSON. He's never had a self titled album before.

The album was more than likely to come out next year not this year. Only one single would have come out this year.

Michael's albums all from Dangerous to Invincible have gone for 77:07 mins. Thats the max you can put on a CD. Im sure that Michael would have filled this latest album to it capacity also.

If Michael rehearsed a new song from the new album I think they should make a videoclip of the rehearsal to promote the album!!!

I think it should come out as a double disc

I can assure this will not happen. Who ever releases any unheard MJ material is going to milk it for all its worth being that there wont be any new MJ songs. Theyre not going to release double albums when they can sell them individually and get more money.

Back