The father of John Branca, co-administrator of Michael Jackson's estate, has died.

qbee

Proud Member
Sending my prayers and condolances to John and his family

Brother of famed Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher dies
(AP) – 1 hour ago
LOS ANGELES — John R. Branca, brother of famed Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca
and father of John Branca, the co-administrator of Michael Jackson's estate, has died.

His family announced his death Thursday in Los Angeles.
John R. Branca was a former New York state assemblyman and chairman of the New York State Athletic Commission who was known for bringing boxing back to Madison Square Garden. He was a teacher and coach of winning high school sports teams for years.

The 86-year-old Branca, who spent most of his life in Mount Vernon, N.Y., died July 17 of vascular disease in Boca Raton, Fla., where he had retired in the late 1980s.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/news/story?id=5421575

Wow. Sad. I had no idea John Branca came from such a reknowned family. God bless his family. Thanks for posting.

John R. Branca, brother of famed Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca
and father of John Branca, the co-administrator of Michael Jackson's estate, has died.

Condolences to John Branca on the passing of his father. John is from a family of high achievers.

Last edited:
Sending my prayers and condolances to John and his family

Brother of famed Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher dies
(AP) – 1 hour ago
LOS ANGELES — John R. Branca, brother of famed Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca

His family announced his death Thursday in Los Angeles.
John R. Branca was a former New York state assemblyman and chairman of the New York State Athletic Commission who was known for bringing boxing back to Madison Square Garden. He was a teacher and coach of winning high school sports teams for years.

The 86-year-old Branca, who spent most of his life in Mount Vernon, N.Y., died July 17 of vascular disease in Boca Raton, Fla., where he had retired in the late 1980s.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/news/story?id=5421575

I'm sorry to hear this. Interesting to know his father's New York roots.

Id like to send my condolence to mr john branca & his family.

My condolences to the Branca family. I'm always sad to hear of someone dying. I'm sure his family and friends are missing him.

I'm sorry to hear this. Interesting to know his father's New York roots.

You know that famous baseball call " The GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT....." John's uncle RALPH BRANCA a BROOKLYN DODGER was on the unfortunate end of that call. He gave up the pennant winning home run to the BOBBY THOMPSON of the NEW YORK GIANTS. Both of them got a lot of mileage from that famous home run.

This is a person's father who just died. A person who so happens to be a good guy and always had Michael's back. There's a reason why Michael named him in his will to take care of his estate buisness if something should happen to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I did not know that his father was a important man.

My condolences and prayers to the family. :pray: :(

That's hitting way below the belt. Show respect to the dead please.!! Leave BRANCA'S dead father out of what ever ill feelings you have for BRANCA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a grip will ya.!!! That's hitting way below the belt. Show respect to the dead please.!! Leave BRANCA'S dead father out of what ever ill feelings you have for BRANCA.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Firstly, this isn't MJ News so this will be moved to GD.

Secondly, Branca's father does not have anything to do with how Branca is running the estate. Feel free to discuss this topic and how it relates to MJ based on theory in the conspiracy section. Lets keep that there please. :flowers:

Also, if we do not like Branca, let's not wish death upon his family as retribution. Let's be above that. Please.

Thanks guys!

Who wished death upon his family because they don't like Branca?

Secondly, Branca's father does not have anything to do with how Branca is running the estate. Feel free to discuss this topic and how it relates to MJ based on theory in the conspiracy section. Lets keep that there please. :flowers:

Also, if we do not like Branca, let's not wish death upon his family as retribution. Let's be above that. Please.

Thanks guys!
Thanks for that!!!

:coffee:

rip. he had a long life and seems like he achieved a lot during his lifetime. I applaud.

This is a person's father who just died. A person who so happens to be a good guy and always had Michael's back. There's a reason why Michael named him in his will to take care of his estate buisness if something should happen to him.
exactly, Im glad he named educated man not illetrates

Last edited:
You know that famous baseball call " The GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT....." John's uncle RALPH BRANCA a BROOKLYN DODGER was on the unfortunate end of that call. He gave up the pennant winning home run to the BOBBY THOMPSON of the NEW YORK GIANTS. Both of them got a lot of mileage from that famous home run.

I should but I don't know anything about the Brooklyn Dodgers (except their infamous move to LA), lol but thanks for the information, that's very interesting to know. My sympathies to Mr. John Branca and family.

Edit: Oh yeah, that was the "Shot Heard 'Round the World"!

Last edited:
the name Michael Jackson is so big that a sports network felt the need to make the connection, so i could make the mistake of putting this in the MJ news srction.

RIP Mr. Branca

Last edited:
Back