The Estate of Michael Jackson and Spike Lee: A full biographical documentary on the life of Michael

billyworld99

Proud Member
hey guys here's a petition I just wanted to share with you guys so you can sign and share

On behalf of Michael Jackson fans around the world, I would like to say a big thank you to John Branca, John McClain and Spike Lee for the efforts you three are making to perserve Michael's legacy in the fashion he deserves. We are very excited for Spike Lee's documentary celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Bad album .Spike lee's documentaries are brilliant . Many fans have recently suggested that Spike Lee should do a full biographical documentary on the life of Michael Joseph Jackson in the future. While there have been documentaries on Michael before their portrayal has either been incomplete , inaccurate, and sometimes based on tabloid rumors with no truth to it. Michael Jackson deserves to be solidified as one of the most eccentric, talented, and grand figures of our times, someone that History can look back on as a truly remarkable person, with a story that embodies both the best and worst of times. To have the first ever authorized documentary of Michael will do just that. So if the estate ever considers this idea,

the following would make great interviewees:
Berry Gordy, Diana Ross, Bobby Taylor, Gladys Knight, Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedien, Teddy Riley, Joe Vogel, Chris Tucker, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Jeanine White,Debbie Rowe, Smokey Robinson, David Nordahl, Frank Cascio & Family, Michael Bearden, Travis Payne, Kai Chase, Judith Hill, back up dancers & singers from Michael's tours, McCauley Culken, Tom Mesereau, Susan Yu, David Walgren, Deborah Brazil, Patrick Treacy (Michael's doctor from Ireland), Aphrodite Jones (author of Michael Jackson Conspiracy, Geraldine Hughes (author of Redemption), Kenny Ortega, Jonathan Moffett, Brett Ratner, Dr. Michael Eric, Dr. Cornel West, Al Sharpton, MTV( to discuss the impact of MJ's groundbreaking shortfilms), Epic Record Label, Rodney Jerkins, Larry Nimmer, Greg Phillinganes and artists influenced by Michael.

This would be true justice for Mr. Jackson to have an accurate account of his life as an creative genius/cultural icon, humanitarian, and human being to be shared with the world.

http://www.change.org/petitions/the...mentary-on-the-life-of-michael-joseph-jackson

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this to be honest. Part of me feels that it is not possible to do this in the way that would completely be respectful to Michael. I do feel that Spike Lee's efforts would be with compassion and integrity. I don't know. I have to think on this one. Thank you for posting about it.

hey guys this petition is not intended for a bio documentary to happen soon.. most likely something to consider on the 10th anniversary of Michael's passing. This will be the first authorized documentary of MJ's life if this happen. it seems like every anniversary tv networks show documentaries that focus on his plastic surgeries, tabloid opinions on his personal life and even that conrad murray documentary that fans have to come together and protest everytime. if they have tv special on this non sense why not have one on how he became a child prodigy from Gary, Indiana to arguably the most influntial entertainer of all time. Also we can testimonies of him being a friend and humantarian. plus Tom Meseauru, aphrodite jones could discuss that he was fasley accuse due to greed and not because he got off because he was a superstar that many are convinced of. I mean he deserves to have an accurate account of who he was shared with the world instead of the usual tabloid trash

This would be a very good idea! Does anyone see it as a theatrical release? Has a documentary of this type ever been released in theaters?

I suppose a very well done documentary would even do better in representing Michael's life then a biographical movie about his life, mainly because of this reason: who would be suitable to play Michael through all the stages of Michael's life? Noone!

And it wouldn't hurt to include even some interviews from Michael's really close friends, who already are deceased, like Elizabeth Taylor!

I am yet to see a biography on Michael that did him justice. I don't think think Spike knew him that well on a personal level. It would probably have people talking about him that didn't know him that well or hadn't seen him in years. Just an opinion but I think Michael's real friends and confidantes are probably people we'll never see or hear from.

The closest thing to a good Michael doc was the BBC Culture Show - which covered pre Dangerous Michael well in terms of his music but then it skimmed over the rest of Michael's 25 years by saying after '93 his career was in freefall and he was never the same again.

Back