The end of music VIDEOS?

raingirl

Proud Member
Has the era of music videos (or short films) come to an end?
The golden era of music videos was in the 80's and 90's but since then even M(music)TV has pretty much stopped playing music videos. Do people care about music videos anymore? And what about the quality and artistry of music videos? Are they as exciting as they were before? What I've seen I think many bands have gone back to the simple way, just a band playing their song for video. There isn't a story in it anymore, just visual effects.
Where does Michael Jackson fit in on this? Does he really need a short film for his single?
If MTV doesn't play music anymore does an artist/a band need a video for their singles? Is it even a loss in the music industry? After all, the music came first and people listened to it and enjoyed it without a video.
Or will music videos get a new home on the internet?
Discuss.

This is the time for Michael to return with a kick ass new video and shock the industry again. Reminds me of the Dangerous era when Michael did the same thing when the industry was lagging then.

Well, I think the videos are now on a little low. The Internet has progressed greatly. People watch the videos at You Tube, today people do not watch much television, is all over the internet. I understand that the video clip and MTV is no longer so strong as before and in the 80 and 90. I do not know if Michael is creating something (video clip), but I think the concerts will have a great show. Will not pass unnoticed, everyone will talk and comment. Michael is preparing for something great to share with their fans. Michael is mysterious and does not give to know what he is up to us to. lol!​

What Mike needs to do is a viral campaign and have viral videos leading up to his new album.

I really really wish that a mtv would start playing more vids again...even though my guilty pleasure is reality tv!!!
But yeah, mtv jams is gone and that other vh1 station that only played videos.
But then again, all we would see is the same concept/stupidness in each video!! I dont wanna see some guy rapping in a wife beater, throwing money, and half-naked girls in every video!!
I need some originality here!!~!!

:no: the 'music video' is in need of something seriously amazin, or the music vid 'era' will be ova!

Beyonces Single Ladies got so big it had so many parodys. so people still want to see videos. its not dead like on mtv. creative artists will show their fans a great video. we still like visuals..especially if its a great dance song. forget mtv..youtube is where people watch videos now. mtv only cares for teen viewers anyway.

^ I keep watching your siggy over and over again. :wub:

I remember the days when I knew the music video's to most songs but now I haven't a clue what the video's are to most songs. I just seem to stumble accross the odd one. I guess they just get boring when its the same thing over and over again. I'm sick of seeing girls prancing around with hardly any clothes on tbh. There needs to be some imagination put back into them!

But then again, all we would see is the same concept/stupidness in each video!! I dont wanna see some guy rapping in a wife beater, throwing money, and half-naked girls in every video!!
I need some originality here!!~!!

:no: the 'music video' is in need of something seriously amazin, or the music vid 'era' will be ova!
That's true

Back