The Driving Forces at Concerts

paradise_bliss

Proud Member
While watching a concert, the main focus of our attention is obviously the artist, the team of dancers and musicians behind him/her. However, I have always wondered about the people without whom the concert itself wouldn’t be possible. I’m talking about the people working behind the scenes - not physically involved in the performances. Those working on all the minute details that make the entire show a smooth success. I would like to know who these people are and acknowledge what are responsible for. I think they do a wonderful job in making concerts a success.

I would really like to know who they are and what they do so please feel free and educate me by adding to the list :) So far, these are all the people that came to my mind:

Photographers – Without whom the official pictures of that event wouldn’t exist

Videographers – Without whom the DVD’s and telecasts of the concerts, would not exist nor would the big screens at concerts exist.

Stage Lighting technicians – Those who add to the effect and impact of the performances. For example, in the Billie Jean performance I think we all thought it was pretty cool how spot lights were “controlled” by the snap of Michael’s fingers

The security guards – Those who try to make sure no crazy fans try to get on stage, and also take care of all the fainting fans by talking them to the areas with medical services etc. Makes me think of all the big guys at MJ concerts carrying fans like they are bags of rice lol

The medical team – Present for obvious reasons

The guys at the gates accepting tickets and passes – The ones some people try to talk to thinking they will be let in for free lol

The people who help the artist change costumes – The ones who make you wonder “HOW THE HELL DID HE CHANGE SO FAST?!” lol

Last edited:
Hi there how are you ? :)

Since no one answered, i googled a little for you. I searched for information about the Bad Tour, if you use the link i'll post, you'll see the staff which was used during this tour. I guess you made this thread because you are searching for a career in this industry. I do not know about it that much, i just heard that it's more about who you know and less about your skills. Moreover, when considering a career in this business, ask yourself how much experience and how many years you'll need to work before getting your dream job.

Here's the link, scroll down a little, good luck :):

http://www.michael-jackson-trader.com/tours/badtour.html

Woah wow!! are you psychic? lol How did you know I was looking for a career in this?? was it that obvious? :p
Thank you SO much for the link and replying to this thread, I thought it was going to R.I.P. Umm do you think you can tell me what would be a good career? I mean like a safe one with a "guaranteed" job and what would I have to study for it? :)

Back