The decade of the 00s

GOLDSPACESUIT45

Proud Member
Is it to early to start talking about what was the best music in the 00s and the good things that happen in 00s.. Let start talking about the year 2000 and go down all the way to the year 2009. I know there was bad stuff in the 00s but I don't want to talk about. Or what do you think? Iam sure this topic will be talked about in the media soon.

My workmates and I were all discussing this the other day and we all said the same thing. This decade has just been awful.

This decade of music is disgraceful.
It got worse every year...

It really has. I'd say it was the decade of "auto-tune".

I cant really put it down to being all terrible. As there are good bits and bad bits!

I base my years on a few things. Quality of wrestling, love life, music, weather, school.

For me:

2000: was a great year and I actually really liked all the music that year. Summer was amazing if I remember correctly. (I was only 9 at the time) and Christmas was great as I got my brand new PS2 :) haha

2001: was quite good apart from 9/11. Summer was amazing as usual, I was a big fan of the music that year also. Mike released Invincible.

2002: was pretty bad imo. I moved on to high school and the first year is allways terrible, music was still quite good but was getting worse. Summer was terrible if I remember correctly.

2003: Was a great year for me. I enjoyed the music, summer was actually pretty good! I would say that the accusations against Michael let the year down, however I wasnt particularly a fan at the time. School was actually damn good that year!

2004: again this was quite a good year. Not as good as 2003 though. Wasnt much good music at all this year. Maroon 5 were the best thing about this year for me music wise. School was great still.

2005: I found 2005 to be pretty bad actually. With the trial and the summer was terrible that year. Music was pretty bad and was probably my worst year in school ever!

2006: Loved 2006! Loved a lot of the music and the summer was great! It was also the year that my love life actually sort of...started :S I fell for some girl but she ended up with my best friend, which wasnt too good. But it doesnt let down the year! The WMA with MJ was great as well!

2007: This was pretty bad I think. Summer was terrible, music was even worse. A terrible year for wrestling with the Christ Benoit double murder suicide incident. We saw a bit of Michael but that was it. Just a dull year really :\ I got my first gf which was good, however it didnt last long. I got my 2nd gf the end of that year!

2008: 2008 IMO was pretty damn good! I was with my 2nd gf all that year and it was amazing to share so many good times with her. Wrestling was ok that year. Music wasnt too good really but meh....

2009: WORST YEAR EVER. Celebrities died left and right. Especially Michael dieing was the biggest blow. The first 3 months were great! I was still with my gf and Michael announced he was doing his 02 shows! Everything was going amazingly. However then my girlfriend left me and went out with someone else, and then MJ passed away. :\ Its been absolutely horrible, the music seems even worse now that we dont have Michael. Just a terrible terrible year.

So yeah, thats it.

I give the decade a 6/10......maybe even 5.

I cant really put it down to being all terrible. As there are good bits and bad bits!

I base my years on a few things. Quality of wrestling, love life, music, weather, school.

For me:

2000: was a great year and I actually really liked all the music that year. Summer was amazing if I remember correctly. (I was only 9 at the time) and Christmas was great as I got my brand new PS2 :) haha

2001: was quite good apart from 9/11. Summer was amazing as usual, I was a big fan of the music that year also. Mike released Invincible.

2002: was pretty bad imo. I moved on to high school and the first year is allways terrible, music was still quite good but was getting worse. Summer was terrible if I remember correctly.

2003: Was a great year for me. I enjoyed the music, summer was actually pretty good! I would say that the accusations against Michael let the year down, however I wasnt particularly a fan at the time. School was actually damn good that year!

2004: again this was quite a good year. Not as good as 2003 though. Wasnt much good music at all this year. Maroon 5 were the best thing about this year for me music wise. School was great still.

2005: I found 2005 to be pretty bad actually. With the trial and the summer was terrible that year. Music was pretty bad and was probably my worst year in school ever!

2006: Loved 2006! Loved a lot of the music and the summer was great! It was also the year that my love life actually sort of...started :S I fell for some girl but she ended up with my best friend, which wasnt too good. But it doesnt let down the year! The WMA with MJ was great as well!

2007: This was pretty bad I think. Summer was terrible, music was even worse. A terrible year for wrestling with the Christ Benoit double murder suicide incident. We saw a bit of Michael but that was it. Just a dull year really :\ I got my first gf which was good, however it didnt last long. I got my 2nd gf the end of that year!

2008: 2008 IMO was pretty damn good! I was with my 2nd gf all that year and it was amazing to share so many good times with her. Wrestling was ok that year. Music wasnt too good really but meh....

2009: WORST YEAR EVER. Celebrities died left and right. Especially Michael dieing was the biggest blow. The first 3 months were great! I was still with my gf and Michael announced he was doing his 02 shows! Everything was going amazingly. However then my girlfriend left me and went out with someone else, and then MJ passed away. :\ Its been absolutely horrible, the music seems even worse now that we dont have Michael. Just a terrible terrible year.

So yeah, thats it.

I give the decade a 6/10......maybe even 5.

I was so shocked when that happened, Benoit was one of my heroes growing up. And to make things a million times worse now, like they couldn't get any worse already, the date that we all learnt about this and when they bodies were found was June 25th.

this decade is just terrible every song is about sex or autotune the eff out of it ... and most "singers" nowadays can't even sing ... blahh .. and they pull some stupid stunt so ppl would pay attention and buy their shitty music

Last edited:
The only acts which came out this decade that I liked were Jill Scott, Raul Midon, Lizz Wright, Joss Stone, Nelly, Keyshia Cole, Esperanza Spalding, & Chrisette Michele. Debra Killings was good too, although technically not a new act. But she was just a session bassist and background singer before 2000. I haven't listened to the radio on purpose since about 1990, so anybody after that I have little idea about. I mostly just bought new stuff by people I liked already or old albums. Duran Duran's 2007 album "Red Carpet Massacre" was pretty good. Charlie Wilson's solo albums were good, but I think that "Charlie Last Name Wilson" was the best. Stevie Wonder's "A Time To Love" is nice and I liked Prince's albums, even "The Rainbow Children", lol. The Beastie Boys 2 albums were good but I listened to the rap one (To The Five Bouroughs) more than the instrumental one (The Mix Up). I really liked that Tears For Fears reunion album released in 2004. The Brand New Heavies reunion album with N'Dea Davenport I liked a lot as well. New Edition's album was so-so, the best stuff on it was by Jam & Lewis, rather than the producers Puff Daddy got for them. Swing Out Sister put out some great albums (although I have to purchase them as imports from Japan), including the one from last year. Weird Al had some good stuff, but as I don't listen to new music I didn't know most of the songs he was spoofing. I liked the Destiny's Child last album, but not Survivor so much. I was so-so on Mike's "Invincible". I think it would have been better if 3 or 4 of the songs were left off, especially "Privacy". But the rest of the album was great. I like the new Basia album that just came out, and also the Nat King Cole remix CD put out earlier this year. But much of the music I listened to a lot were old LP's I buy in used shops. One of my favorite songs was "B.O.B." by OutKast.

I'm too tired (read: lazy) to write a long and good post right now so I'm just gonna...

The only acts which came out this decade that I liked were Jill Scott, Raul Midon, Lizz Wright, Joss Stone, Nelly, Keyshia Cole, Esperanza Spalding, & Chrisette Michele. Debra Killings was good too, although technically not a new act. But she was just a session bassist and background singer before 2000. I haven't listened to the radio on purpose since about 1990, so anybody after that I have little idea about. I mostly just bought new stuff by people I liked already or old albums.Duran Duran's 2007 album "Red Carpet Massacre" was pretty good. Charlie Wilson's solo albums were good, but I think that "Charlie Last Name Wilson" was the best. Stevie Wonder's "A Time To Love" is nice and I liked Prince's albums, even "The Rainbow Children", lol. The Beastie Boys 2 albums were good but I listened to the rap one (To The Five Bouroughs) more than the instrumental one (The Mix Up). I really liked that Tears For Fears reunion album released in 2004. The Brand New Heavies reunion album with N'Dea Davenport I liked a lot as well. New Edition's album was so-so, the best stuff on it was by Jam & Lewis, rather than the producers Puff Daddy got for them. Swing Out Sister put out some great albums (although I have to purchase them as imports from Japan), including the one from last year. Weird Al had some good stuff, but as I don't listen to new music I didn't know most of the songs he was spoofing. I liked the Destiny's Child last album, but not Survivor so much. I was so-so on Mike's "Invincible". I think it would have been better if 3 or 4 of the songs were left off, especially "Privacy". But the rest of the album was great. I like the new Basia album that just came out, and also the Nat King Cole remix CD put out earlier this year. But much of the music I listened to a lot were old LP's I buy in used shops. One of my favorite songs was "B.O.B." by OutKast.

...and hopes that Superstition or arXter (COME BACK NOW! :cry:) comes in and explains the rest.

I forgot about "Lover's Rock" by Sade. And maybe Aaliyah's last album and Janet's "All For You". I liked Madonna's "Music" too.

Music from this decade was okay. There were few hits and a LOT of Misses. 2000-2004 is when I was current with the latest scene. Afterwards, I just focused more on music from decades earlier or focused on underground music. The popular music scene of this day has a lot to work on for the next decade.

Wrestling... hah. I miss Eddie. :(

But generally about decade of the 00s. I am still young so I can't say very well about first part of 00s but I can rate 2005-2009. So here we go year-by-year.

2005: I'd say this was good year. I had dozens of friends still here and we still played Little Fighter and Sims. Hah, old good times. I also started watching MTV. Nothing very special, I remember being fan of Robbie Williams then and few others.

2006: Terrible year. Nearly all my friends moved away so I was pretty much alone. But I continued watching MTV etc. and found out some new music. I rate this as the worst year of end of 00s.

2007: Hah, great year! I had awesome summer and then I got dozens of new friends! Kind of new life, eh?

2008: Pretty average year. I started to listen music a lot more and I listened what I wanted, not what everyone else listened. The Doors, Iron Maiden and The Doors were my favourite in beginning of year and the end I became fan of Michael Jackson. Hee-HEE. :D

2009: VERY AWESOME and totally boresome. I had AWESOME first three weeks of June this year. But then... my grandma died, Michael died and my best friend started dating my crush. I am pretty much got over with everything now, so this is one of the worst and one of the best years this far.

2001... Invincible! :)

The early 00s was the best..2000-2002

I think that's because those years still had a bit of a 90's feel to them. By the time 2003 came along the 00's came into it's own and then it was all down hill from there

I was so shocked when that happened, Benoit was one of my heroes growing up. And to make things a million times worse now, like they couldn't get any worse already, the date that we all learnt about this and when they bodies were found was June 25th.

Yeah a few days afetr Michael died I thought to myself. June 25th, I KNOW theres something significant about that date! Then I realised.

Was never a big Benoit fan in particular, but I have allways been a big wrestling fan and thought Benoit was a great wrestler.

I remember we heard that he wasnt appearing at the Vengeance Night of Champions PPV due to a 'family crisis'. Then I stayed up to watch Raw the next night and Vince McMahon was in the ring (even though he had died in storyline) talking about someone dieing. I was shocked as hell to hear it was Benoit. I was even more shocked once details emerged. Simply gobsmacked!

I remember when Eddie Guerrero died as well it was amazingly shocking. Nobody would have ever seen that coming.

Yeah a few days afetr Michael died I thought to myself. June 25th, I KNOW theres something significant about that date! Then I realised.

Was never a big Benoit fan in particular, but I have allways been a big wrestling fan and thought Benoit was a great wrestler.

I remember we heard that he wasnt appearing at the Vengeance Night of Champions PPV due to a 'family crisis'. Then I stayed up to watch Raw the next night and Vince McMahon was in the ring (even though he had died in storyline) talking about someone dieing. I was shocked as hell to hear it was Benoit. I was even more shocked once details emerged. Simply gobsmacked!

I remember when Eddie Guerrero died as well it was amazingly shocking. Nobody would have ever seen that coming.

Eddie was just so sudden-he had only done a house show the night before. You're right, no one could have predicted that. I certainly couldn't when I woke up the next day. Trouble with being a wrestling fan is that you get used to seeing all the RIPs after a while.

Eddie was just so sudden-he had only done a house show the night before. You're right, no one could have predicted that. I certainly couldn't when I woke up the next day. Trouble with being a wrestling fan is that you get used to seeing all the RIPs after a while.

Your so right. Where you a fan in 1999? For Owen Harts death? I was only 8 at the time but can remember it all quite well. The deaths are allways worst when the wrestler is still with the company and is an active wrestler.

Whats quite strange is that they allways seem to die right before they are about to win a title. When Owen Hart fell he was supposed to be wrestling and winning the IC Title from The Godfather.

When Eddie died he was set to be in a triple threat match for the WHC with Batista and Randy Orton, and after he died Stephanie McMahon hinted that he would of won the WHC.

Chris Benoit was supposed to be wrestling CM Punk for the ECW Title at Vengeance, John Morrison took his place and won the title, which signifies to me that Benoit would of won it.

Quite strange....

The day Eddie died was the day when SmackDown did show in Finland. There was match booked for Eddie if I remember right and people were very sad here because we didn't get Eddie here to wrestle. So never saw him live, he's my first favourite wrestler and still is one of the faves. I also liked Chris Benoit in-ring but that thing what he did in real life... eh.

But there's something good that Benoit didn't go for ECW title match - we got John Morrison. I'm fan of him. ;)

Your so right. Where you a fan in 1999? For Owen Harts death? I was only 8 at the time but can remember it all quite well. The deaths are allways worst when the wrestler is still with the company and is an active wrestler.

Whats quite strange is that they allways seem to die right before they are about to win a title. When Owen Hart fell he was supposed to be wrestling and winning the IC Title from The Godfather.

When Eddie died he was set to be in a triple threat match for the WHC with Batista and Randy Orton, and after he died Stephanie McMahon hinted that he would of won the WHC.

Chris Benoit was supposed to be wrestling CM Punk for the ECW Title at Vengeance, John Morrison took his place and won the title, which signifies to me that Benoit would of won it.

Quite strange....

I remember waking up to hearing about Owen on the news, no one could believe what happened. I was in total shock-how could it gone so terribly wrong? The ten bell salute never gets any easier to hear.

Back