The Daily News Feb 23

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson's 'Captain EO' returns to Disney

ANAHEIM, Calif. – "Captain EO" and Michael Jackson are returning to Disneyland.

The park says it will show the 1986 Jackson musical film beginning Tuesday and running indefinitely.

On the Disney Parks blog, Disney executive Heather Hust Rivera says the park will show a 70mm print of the 17-minute movie in the Tomorrowland theater, with enhanced sound.

However, Rivera says the showing won't feature some special effects from the original presentation. She would not elaborate.

The original presentation included lasers and smoke.
Jackson, who died last year, plays the role of a spaceship captain who uses love and music to fight a wicked witch queen played by Anjelica Huston.

The original ran at Disneyland from 1986-1997. The new showing replaces the 3-D show "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100222/ap_en_ot/us_disney_michael_jackson

Janet To Replace Michael Jackson On Jackson 5 tour

The Jackson 5 will set off on a world tour this year in honor of their late brother Michael Jackson with sister Janet Jackson making five.

Jermaine, Marlon, Tito and Jackie Jackson mounted the effort to pay tribute to their brother's "This Is It" comeback tour that never was, even incorporating some of the sets that were not used into the new show. Janet now has decided to step in to substitute for Michael.

"Janet will be joining us. We're all talking about it now. She has never played with us before so that will be very special. She definitely wants to do it," Jermaine said. "We had a conference call and Janet has agreed to join us on tour."

After her stellar opening performance at the AMAs, Janet, pictured in London on Saturday, will surely do her brother proud. The Jackson's are also united against Conrad Murray whom they claimed responsible for Michael's death and got charged with involuntary manslaughter this month.

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/a...replace_michael_jackson_on_jackson_5_tour.php

MICHAEL JACKSON signed AUTOGRAPHED New GUITAR *proof

!Bm)CoQ!CGk~$(KGrHqMH-EMEtrLW3Tt9BLgzV3pZ4!~~_35.JPG

US $3,500.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-JACKSON...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335a795a2c

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1995 - Michael Jackson was awarded the Harry Chapin Memorial Humanitarian Award.

2000 - At the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Carlos Santana received a record-tying eight Grammy's. Michael Jackson set the record back in 1984 when he won awards for "Thriller."

2005 - The jury for the Michael Jackson child molestation trial was selected. The process for selecting eight alternates began.

mic_3men.gif

Michael Jackson film tops DVD chart

Michael Jackson has scored another number one, as his concert-film This Is It tops the DVD chart.

The movie was a huge success at the cinema, now fans are enjoying it in the comfort of their own home. It follows the singer as he prepared for his ill-fated London gigs.

It shifted 1.2million copies in its first week in the US, and is flying off shelves in the UK.

This Is It director and MJ's friend, Kenny Ortega, is glad of the reception: "I was just concerned that in the end it would serve the fans, that they would get from it what they needed to get from it"

If Jackson had been alive he would have been just finishing up his mamouth O2 residency. The late King of Pop was due to begin the 50 dates in July last year, just before he died on June 25.

TMZ sued over leaked Debbie Rowe interview

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - TMZ is being sued for broadcasting allegedly stolen and confidential footage of an interview with Debbie Rowe soon after her ex-husband, Michael Jackson, died last June.

The details of this lawsuit filed Monday in California District Court by F. Marc Schaffel Prods. raise interesting questions about the gossip Web site's news operation, copyright issues, and the boundaries between an entertainment clip and a fair-use news product.

In the complaint, the plaintiff claims to be the owner of a 2003 filmed interview with Debbie Rowe. Some portions of the interview were aired in 2003, but others were held back as private and confidential, subject to a joint consent agreement between the interviewer and interviewee.

After Jackson was indicted for child molestation in December 2003, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff obtained and executed a search warrant on Schaffel's home and seized the interview. Two years later, the County Sheriff represented that he returned the property and hadn't released the "confidential outtakes" to anyone.

But last July, TMZ broadcast those confidential outtakes that included a conversation where Rowe talks about needing sedatives. The plaintiff says that Rowe's comments were made in the context of a joke about stage fright, but taken by TMZ to tie past drug use to Jackson's death from a prescription-drug overdose.

After TMZ aired the interview, Schaffel and Rowe demanded that the confidential outtakes be removed. TMZ first claimed the video was sourced from a British TV station, but then said it came from the Santa Barbara Sherriff's Department. The plaintiff says that when confronted, TMZ rescinded the story and claimed its source was confidential.

Schaffel is now seeking damages from TMZ over copyright infringement and conversion. Schaffel says the confidential outtakes have "an estimated value of potentially millions of dollars, the exact amount of which shall be proved at trial."

TMZ may try to claim that its use of the clip was "fair use" and the court may apply the "four factor" test and look into the purpose and character of the use. Does an allegedly stolen entertainment clip need to be cleared or does any broadcaster have the right to broadcast footage in the name of "news" without need to obtain consent? Will a judge apply the rare so-called "fifth" factor of fair use that takes a moral evaluation of the goodness or badness of TMZ into account? And does TMZ as a news outlet get statutory protection from revealing sources of news if they are trying to protect allegedly stolen media?

These will be questions posed in an interesting case that puts TMZ's news-gathering operation under the microscope.

Schaffel also sued Fox News last month for airing the interview. Details of a possible lawsuit against TMZ were first reported by Hollywood Reporter blogger Roger Friedman last August.

The complaint was filed by Howard King at King, Holmes, Paterno & Berliner.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61M0Y720100223?type=entertainmentNews

Kourtney Kardashian parties at Jackson family home

Kourtney Kardashian has already taken her son Mason to his first birthday party. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star was seen getting out of a car at the Jackson family home on Sunday afternoon. Kourtney held Mason in her arms, covering him with a blanket. The party was held for one of the grandson's of Tito Jackson.

How did Kourtney score an invite to this private family event? She once dated Taryll Jackson, the birthday-boy's father. The two began dating back in 1999 and stayed together for five years. Taryll was in the boys singing group, 3T.

Although not in attendance, Kim Kardashian also shares a history with the Jackson family. She dated another member of 3T, Taryll's brother TJ. Kim celebrated her 14th birthday with the Jackson family at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. She described the experience to People magazine. "That was the most magical place on earth."

TMZ sued over leaked Debbie Rowe interview

GOOD! I have no love for either Harvey Levin nor Marc Shaffel. Put them in the court room together and let them go at it. As an added bonus, I will enjoy seeing Harvey Levin squirm if he has to divulge any of his "reporting" tactics, i.e. exactly who's on his payroll.

WESLEY SNIPES BACKS NEW YORK BAD TRIBUTE TO MICHAEL JACKSON

WESLEY SNIPES has backed plans to honour his late BAD co-star MICHAEL JACKSON at the New York subway station the iconic video was filmed.

City bosses want to erect a tribute to the King of Pop at the Hoyt-Schermerhorn station in Brooklyn.

Snipes, who shot scenes at the station with Jackson and director Martin Scorsese, insists it would be a worthy honour, following the star's death last year (Jun09).

And he insists he still remembers the lessons he learned from Jackson, nearly 25 years after they met.

The actor tells WENN, "(The tribute) would be cool.

"The amazing thing is I was only supposed to be on the project for about three days and it turned out to be three and a half weeks; almost a month of filming.

"The thing I took from it the most was watching Michael Jackson perform at performance level in his rehearsals. I said, 'Wow that's the consummate artist right there. That's the pinnacle of where I would like to go and the skills that I would like to have as an artist; where I could come in and my rehearsals are performances.' I took that from him and that's what I've been trying to be persistent with in my work as well."

--IANS-WENN

http://www.newkerala.com/news/fullnews-58112.html

THE “BAD” AND THE BEAUTIFUL SIDES MICHAEL JACKSON
23Feb2010 Filed under: AUDIO FILES/CONTENT, BREAKING NEWS, GENERAL, MOVIE NEWS, MUSIC NEWS, NEWS OF THE DAY, VIDEO CONTENT

It’s been over 20 years since Wesley Snipes starred with Michael Jackson in Bad, the music video for Jackson’s hit song of the same name, but it created memories for a lifetime.

Snipes got to watch the pop star strut his stuff for nearly a month back in 1987 and walked away with a whole new perspective on his own career.

Now Snipes brings his A-game to the floor whether it’s during rehearsals or when shooting actual scenes and considers himself a stronger performer because of it.

As for Michael Jackson’s problems in life…Snipes says talent like Jackson doesn’t come around often and he should be celebrated.

click on the media bar there to hear the comments of Wesley Snipes audio

http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2010/02/23/the-%E2%80%9Cbad%E2%80%9D-and-the-beautiful-sides-michael-jackson/

here the audios

http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/wesley-snipes-michael-jackson.mp3

http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/wp...of-shooting-bad-video-with-michael-jakson.mp3

Last edited:
Back