The Daily News Dec 2 - Stevie Wonder emotional tribute + MJ music on X factor confirmed

mariemarie

Guests
Pressrelease:
Michael Jackson thrill on X Factor

X Factor hopefuls are set to sing Michael Jackson this week - while Janet Jackson will also perform on the show.

Semi-finalists Danyl Johnson, Olly Murs, Stacey Solomon and Joe McElderry are each choosing a track from the Thriller star's hits.

The late singer's sister Janet is tipped to give her views on the previous night's performances on Sunday's show.

An insider told The Sun: "The Michael Jackson numbers will be huge crowd pleasers - and each contestant will want to do Janet and the Jackson family proud."

Before he died in June, show bosses had planned to bring the King Of Pop himself to perform on the show, according to the newspaper.

Janet, 43, who recently released her greatest hits compilation The Best, will take to the stage on Sunday's verdict show.
Rihanna and Alicia Keys performed on the ITV show last weekend.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jQrFHSvyHmoMHAA58vThJtX_oVVg

Simon Cowell hoped Michael Jackson would appear on The X Factor

Simon Cowell had hoped for Michael Jackson to put in an appearance on The X Factor this year before his death.

FA55184AAD31381DBA27B75D5EE.jpg

The 50-year-old King of Pop died suddenly in June from a heart attack, and it was hoped that he would have performed on the UK talent show.

The four remaining acts will be performing Jackson tracks on the next show in the popular series.

Michael's sister Janet, 43, will perform on the Sunday night results show and it's claimed she will give her verdict on their performances.

An insider said: "The Michael Jackson numbers will be huge crowd-pleasers - and each contestant will want to do Janet and the Jackson family proud."

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/celebs/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=22775348

Unofficial Poll. Do you like Michael Jackson? Go on, and cast your vote!!

http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/bf8iR5v...tm_content=quibblodotcom&utm_campaign=bf8iR5v

Today in
Michael Jackson History[/center]

1983 - Michael Jackson's "Thriller" short film debuted on MTV.

1993 - In Norwalk, CT, the newspaper "The Hour" reported that Michael Jackson had checked into Silver Hill psychiatric hospital in New Canaan, CT, on November 29.

michael-jackson-thriller.jpg

thriller460.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Daily News Dec 2 - MJ music on X factor confirmed

YES!!!!!!!!

Michael week is always EPIC!!!!!!!!

I know i'm supposed to be like...aww thats awesome...well i kinda felt that when I heard Mike was gonna be honored on X factor. But in reality, its not really to give Mike a tribute...it all goes back to rating and who watch what show or what channel the most.

Even if its for good intentions, theres always something behind it. Well I hope it will turn out nice.

And the poll, 83% say Love Mike...hmm interesting. where were some of those ppl like ummm 4 years ago?...

Thanx again for sharing!:D

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Well, X Factor has enough ratings as it is and they did a Michael Jackson week last year too, I think sometimes us fans get a little suspicious about people cashing in. I'd rather they did an Michael Jackson week then not so lets just be grateful for it. 83 % already and its only just been put on MJJC!

MJ's Final Gifts to Kids -- Disney, Dali & Ice Cream

Before Michael Jackson died, he ordered three pieces of art for his children -- and today they're finally going to be delivered.

We've learned Jackson picked out the paintings "Alice in Dali Land," "Lost Fairy Tales" and "Flavor of the Month" from artist Nelson De La Nuez -- and they were supposed to be dropped off the week of his death.

Obviously, the plans had to be shuffled around -- but we're told Katherine Jackson has arranged for the artwork to be dropped off this afternoon.

As TMZ previously reported, Jackson had a thing for the artist -- MJ dropped $13,000 on some De La Nuez pieces for himself just two weeks before his death.

Stevie Wonder Breaks Down During MJ Tribute

Posted Dec 2nd 2009 7:00AM by TMZ Staff
Stevie Wonder broke down and nearly cried in the middle of a major televised performance -- and it was all because of Michael Jackson.

The emotional breakdown occurred on-stage at the Rock and Roll 25th Hall of Fame Anniversary Concert -- which aired on HBO this weekend.

Wonder was singing Jackson's, "The Way You Make Me Feel" -- when Stevie, still distraught by the death of his good friend, suddenly chokes up, hunches over and puts his face in his hands ... while the music continues to play.

It all goes down around 1:35 into the clip.

Stevie eventually pulls himself together and finished the song -- and ultimately received a hug from John Legend and a huge ovation from the crowd.

Watch the video here http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/02/stevi...ck-and-roll-hall-of-fame-emotional-breakdown/

yeah Stevie. i hear you. it's not a happy time, anymore. they really were best friends, and Stevie is the only other one in the business that's really as nice as Michael, as i personally found out, when i met Stevie.

yeah Stevie. i hear you. it's not a happy time, anymore. they really were best friends, and Stevie is the only other one in the business that's really as nice as Michael, as i personally found out, when i met Stevie.

:yes: You met Stevie? :wub: I love that man. I consider him as much of a brother sometimes more :ph34r: to Michael as Jermaine or any of the others.

Stevie Wonder is such an amazing guy, he really is. We feel your pain. :(
And, omg about the artwork. :cry:

Stevie Wonder broke down and nearly cried in the middle of a major televised performance -- and it was all because of Michael Jackson.

The emotional breakdown occurred on-stage at the Rock and Roll 25th Hall of Fame Anniversary Concert -- which aired on HBO this weekend.

Wonder was singing Jackson's, "The Way You Make Me Feel" -- when Stevie, still distraught by the death of his good friend, suddenly chokes up, hunches over and puts his face in his hands ... while the music continues to play.

Stevie eventually pulls himself together and finished the song -- and ultimately received a hug from John Legend and a huge ovation from the crowd.

Watch the video here http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/02/stevi...ck-and-roll-hall-of-fame-emotional-breakdown/

:( :( I love Stevie. This made me cry

You can tell Stevie was'nt some fairweather friend who was only interested in Mike because he was the 'King of Pop'......that grief is real.

ANNOUNCING THE DEBUT OF THE JACKSON SEVEN
30th November 2009
A collection of seven exquisite signed giclee prints by artist Patrick Whelan representing works acquired by the late King of Pop and art aficionado Michael Jackson is being offered on a limited basis to the public as of November 27th, 2009. Additionally, all of the net profit will be donated to "Make-A- Wish Foundation" charity in honor of the entertainer's own immense contributions to art and to culture. And also to help carry on the spirit of his efforts towards easing the pain and suffering of children from around the globe.
All of the featured works were acquired in the late spring of 2009, during the time when he was practicing for his upcoming London concerts and actually creating the footage for what became, instead, the amazing film "This Is It". These were some of the very last paintings added to his collection, in addition to being his single largest art purchase made during this period. They were, in fact, delivered to the pop stars Holmby Hills mansion less than two weeks before his tragic and unexpected passing on June the 25th.
Mr. Jackson demonstrated his amazing eye for quality and taste in selecting some of the finest prints and original oils in the Whelan portfolio. Among the works chosen were three classic book cover paintings depicting "Alice In Wonderland", "Peter Pan", and "The Buccaneers" as well as some of the strongest fine art masterworks available. These latter included among others, MJ's personal favorite, "Meditations", a golden angelic figure with her eyes closed and head resting on one knee.
Long time Jackson fan Patrick Whelan remembers watching a special on television several years ago in which MJ was walking through a gallery choosing various paintings and Mr. Whelan was thinking that the pieces selected were somewhat similar to the type of work that he produced. Then he fantasized that one day those pieces being chosen would indeed be his. Now he is living proof that the dreams we dream really can come true.
The offering will be made available in three different versions--The "Silver edition", The "Gold edition", and lastly, the "Diamond" set. Prints in the "Diamond" set will match the actual sizes of the original works owned by Michael Jackson which ranged from 9"x12" up to 50"x72".
Patrick Whelan, artist and co-owner of Whelan Galleries, has an extensive background in both commercial illustration and fine art. He has worked with such clients as Random House, Bantam-Doubleday-Dell, Harper Collins, Simon & Schuster, Tor Books, A&E Television and many others. Among his numerous credits are such classic book covers as Peter Pan, Alice In Wonderland, and Nancy Drew. Amber Henry is the Gallery Director and co-owner of Whelan Galleries which is located in Laguna Beach, California.
Click on the link below for more information and on how to purchase:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/4773c;www.whelanartgalleries.com or
contact directly at (949) 494-5076.
Source: PR Web
---------------------------------------------------------
OMARION SAYS MJ IS BIG INFLUENCE ON HIS CAREER
24th November 2009
Singer Omarion, who's new CD entitled "Ollusion" is due out in January, says that the King of Pop has been a great influence on his career and that he has been feeling especially determined ever since his idol's death in June.
"I was sitting at his funeral next to Chris [Brown]," he recalls, "and I just had this moment where I said to myself, 'I have to step up to the plate now and drive myself further than I've ever gone before.' "
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/4773c;billboard.com
----------------------------------------------------------
MJ INSPIRES AMERICAN IDOL KRIS ALLEN
20th November 2009
In a recent interview with Billboard Magazine, 2009 Season 8 American Idol winner was asked who inspired him? Allen answered,
“I just watched "This Is it" last night. Michael Jackson was the biggest star the world has ever seen-he put so much into everything; a lot of attention to detail. I want to do that. I want to pay that kind of attention to detail in everything-in music, visually-all of that."
Kris Allen's first self titled album with his first single "Live Like We're Dying" is out now.
Source: Billboard
------------------------------------------------------
SNOOP DOGG TALKS ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON
16th November 2009
Snoop Dogg has revealed that he took inspiration from an unlikely source - Michael Jackson.
Speaking to ClashMusic the rapper claimed that "it was a sad day to hear that (the news of Jackson's death)".
"Mike was the king. I definitely looked up to Mike and thought he was an amazing peformer and artist."
Snoop Dogg released his new album 'Malice In Wonderland' earlier this year.
Source: Clash Music
--------------------------------------------------------
HISTORY HEADLINE
GARY INDIANA PUSHES FOR JACKSONS MUSEUM
29th October 2009
http://www.facebook.com/l/4773c;www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/28/jackson.museum/index.html

yeyyy can't wait until this saturday. going to get some munchies!!!

Aww it was very hard for him to sing that. John Legend should have helped him sing when Stevie was breaking down.

SNOOP DOGG TALKS ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON
16th November 2009
Snoop Dogg has revealed that he took inspiration from an unlikely source - Michael Jackson.
Speaking to ClashMusic the rapper claimed that "It was a sad day to hear that (the news of Jackson's death)".
"Mike was the king. I definitely looked up to Mike and thought he was an amazing peformer and artist."
Snoop Dogg released his new album 'Malice In Wonderland' earlier this year.
Source: Clash Music
Don't know why the hell they say "claiming". It WAS a sad day.

Before Michael Jackson died, he ordered three pieces of art for his children -- and today they're finally going to be delivered.

We've learned Jackson picked out the paintings "Alice in Dali Land," "Lost Fairy Tales" and "Flavor of the Month" from artist Nelson De La Nuez -- and they were supposed to be dropped off the week of his death.

Obviously, the plans had to be shuffled around -- but we're told Katherine Jackson has arranged for the artwork to be dropped off this afternoon.

As TMZ previously reported, Jackson had a thing for the artist -- MJ dropped $13,000 on some De La Nuez pieces for himself just two weeks before his death.

:cry: What a wonderful suprise for the kids, these pieces of artwork are going to be ones they will cherish forever.

And with the X Factor thing they did do an MJ week last year and they would have been criticised this year had they not paid tribute to MJ.

Oh Stevie.. :cry: *hugs* And the artwork.. aww.

Thanks for the news..

Stevie Wonder man, I LOOOOOOOOOOve him, i have no words to correctly define the greatness of this man, he's not only a genius artist, but his heart is as big as the moon, i love him, he touches my heart, i love him, Stevie is in my favorites ,he was before, but seeing this side of him, im like, i love him more everyday, what a genius and what a heart...GOD BLESS STEVIE... we know Michael is in heaven and he sees him everytime...
STEVIE YOU'RE THE BEST OF THEM ALL :) :yes: God bless you

i hate tmz... anyway

I love all the paintings, they are SOOO beautiful and magical...:) so Michaelike, love them all :yes: :yes: :yes:

I really feel for Stevie, as already said, he was a good friend to Michael and it always seemed so genuine. Would be nice to write to those genuine friends of Michael's especially Stevie, Elizabeth Taylor to send my condolences and best heart felt wishes.

Stevie...that made tear up

and I love the artwork...it's so sad looking back on it now

No Charges In Michael Jackson Investigation Till New Year

Police investigating the death of Michael Jackson say no one will be charged with anything before the end of the year, with some sources telling the LA Times that making a decision as to whether to file criminal charges at all is "months rather than weeks away".

As much previously reported, Jackson's personal doctor Conrad Murray has been accused of negligence in administering the dangerous drug propofol to the singer to help him sleep. It was that drug that seemingly killed him. Others may have broken laws in providing Jackson or Murray with the drug.
The LAPD's long drawn out investigation into Jackson's demise is still ongoing. Sources say that the medical data relating to the singer's death is complex, and that experts have had to be drafted in to help. Those experts still have work to do.
Murray, of course, insists he acted competently in the administering of drugs to Jackson prior to his death, even though that last dose of propofol proved lethal. He's also reportedly told investigators he was trying to wean the singer off the drug, to which he was addicted.
Either way, it's likely to be a while before the LA District Attorney decides whether to prosecute anyone in relation to the singer's death.
Meanwhile, Eminem, who has fought with his own prescription drug addictions in recent years of course, has said Jackson's dependencies sound similar to those he battled with. Shady says that it is all too easy to get addicted to dangerous medications when you're rich and famous enough that doctors will provide whatever drugs you demand.
Starting by observing that "it's hard to decipher what the fuck is true" with regards Jackson, he adds: "There's the story of how he woke up at whatever time and he needed something to go back to sleep because he has this or that and it didn't work - that's exactly what used to happen to me. I could just say, 'Yo, I need this and this and this', and they're going to give me whatever I want".
Some have speculated that the LAPD's investigation into Jackson's death has unearthed a network of medics and pharmacists who feed millionaire celebrities' prescription drug addictions for a handsome fee, some operating within the law, others pushing their luck.

http://www.musicrooms.net/rock-and-pop/3246-Charges-Michael-Jackson-Investigation-Till-New-Year.html

Michael Jackson Tops 2009 Google Searches

The internet giant released its list of 2009's fastest rising and falling search terms.
Topping the index was Michael Jackson. The singer's demise saw millions of fans type his name into Google's search engine as they attempted to get news of his death.
The Thriller star also topped Yahoo's list of top terms of the year.
Joining Jackson in the top 10 climbers was Lady Gaga. The Poker Face singer became a search sensation across the globe, bagging her ninth place on the Google Zeitgeist list.
The prevalence of social networking sites was reflected in the index, with Facebook and Spanish cousin Tuenti coming in second and third respectively.
The microblogging phenomenon Twitter was placed fourth in the list. Twilight film New Moon made it to number six.

http://www.musicrooms.net/rock-and-pop/3237-Michael-Jackson-Tops-2009-Google-Searches.html

Michael Jackson Facebook and Twitter Top Trends on Google 2009

Google released their zeitgeist list for 2009 yesterday as it observed “the spirit of the times” in search. With seven out of ten online searches being made in Google on the web, the zeitgeist serves as a good dip-test of what the online population is interested in.

This year’s hot topics were dominated by social media sites, with Facebook, Tuenti (Spain’s answer to Facebook) and Twitter all making the top five fastest rising global trends.

Perhaps unsurprisingly the death of pop music’s most recognisable icon, Michael Jackson, led to the King of Pop topping the Google index. Jackson’s global appeal coupled with the manner of his tragic death and spreading conspiracy theories made him the most searched term in the world.

http://gnews.com/technology/Michael...r-Top-Trends-on-Google-2009-212254119281.html

Stevie Wonder man, I LOOOOOOOOOOve him, i have no words to correctly define the greatness of this man, he's not only a genius artist, but his heart is as big as the moon, i love him, he touches my heart, i love him, Stevie is in my favorites ,he was before, but seeing this side of him, im like, i love him more everyday, what a genius and what a heart...GOD BLESS STEVIE... we know Michael is in heaven and he sees him everytime...
STEVIE YOU'RE THE BEST OF THEM ALL :) :yes: God bless you

i hate tmz... anyway

I love all the paintings, they are SOOO beautiful and magical...:) so Michaelike, love them all :yes: :yes: :yes:
I can understand. And what makes it worst is the way Michael died and now knowing that it did NOT have to happen.

Back