The Daily News Dec 15 WooT WooT!

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson's Moonwalk shoes likely to fetch £12k at auction

Few could ever follow in his footsteps, but someone will soon at least be able to slip into his moonwalking shoes as Michael Jackson's loafers went on show today.

michael-jackson-s-shoes-pic-getty-29254094.jpg

The black Sebago shoes, each of which has the words 'Rock My World Billie Jean' written on the sole, are to be sold at auction house Bonhams on Wednesday.
They were worn by the late star for a New York show the day before the 9/11 attacks and together with a fedora hat he wore at the same gig, the items are expected to fetch up to £12,000.

The concerts - which sold out in five hours - were recorded for a CBS TV special and are estimated to have been watched by 44 million people.
Also featuring in the entertainment memorabilia sale in Knightsbridge, London, is cassette demo of a track said to have been the forerunner of his song This Is It.

The tape features a song called I Never Heard and according to information given to the auction house, the track was passed on by singer-songwriter Paul Anka in 1983, shortly after Jackson had recorded it in his California studio.

A Jackson puppet from satirical TV series Spitting Image will also go under the hammer, and is valued at up to £4,000.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...kely-to-fetch-12k-at-auction-115875-21897396/

Michael Jackson Memorabilia Tops Charity Auction for Kids

Michael Jackson is alive and well....at least as far as charity memorabilia goes! For the latest Rock For Kids Rock & Roll Charity auction, the Jackson 5 "ABC" album signed by all of the Jacksons fetched $7000! Over 500 Chicago musicians, radio personalities and fans packed Park West recently to support this great organization that provides free year-round music education for children in need. There were 100's of awesome auction donations from music legends and other celebs that spanned every era. Over $200,000 was raised. Check out these cool pics! You'll be amazed at some of this stuff! (photos by J.B. Spector)

Jackson%205%20album4154135524_d40564e084-thumb-572xauto-44487.jpg

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/can...emorabilia-tops-charity-auction-for-kids.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1973 - Jermaine Jackson and Hazel Gordy were married. Hazel was the daughter of Berry Gordy of Motown Records.

2004 - Deborah Rowe filed for the right to see her children, Paris and Prince Michael, fathered by Michael Jackson. She had given up all rights to the children in 2001.

2300-Hundred-Jackson-Street-Family.jpg

Michael Jackson's Moonwalk shoes likely to fetch £12k at auction

Few could ever follow in his footsteps, but someone will soon at least be able to slip into his moonwalking shoes as Michael Jackson's loafers went on show today.

michael-jackson-s-shoes-pic-getty-29254094.jpg

The black Sebago shoes, each of which has the words 'Rock My World Billie Jean' written on the sole, are to be sold at auction house Bonhams on Wednesday.
They were worn by the late star for a New York show the day before the 9/11 attacks and together with a fedora hat he wore at the same gig, the items are expected to fetch up to £12,000.

The concerts - which sold out in five hours - were recorded for a CBS TV special and are estimated to have been watched by 44 million people.
Also featuring in the entertainment memorabilia sale in Knightsbridge, London, is cassette demo of a track said to have been the forerunner of his song This Is It.

The tape features a song called I Never Heard and according to information given to the auction house, the track was passed on by singer-songwriter Paul Anka in 1983, shortly after Jackson had recorded it in his California studio.

A Jackson puppet from satirical TV series Spitting Image will also go under the hammer, and is valued at up to £4,000.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...kely-to-fetch-12k-at-auction-115875-21897396/

WOW!!!!!!!! Thanks for the post!! :)

I would think Moonwalking shoes would earn more than that.. especially with writing and autograph. Lets see...

i've been reading these daily news for a while now. And it kills me to see that everything in the 80's was music. Then in the 90's it ALL became about law suits and molestation charges. Really sad to see how MJ's life turned so quickly :(

i've been reading these daily news for a while now. And it kills me to see that everything in the 80's was music. Then in the 90's it ALL became about law suits and molestation charges. Really sad to see how MJ's life turned so quickly :(

I know it rips your heart apart.

I would think Moonwalking shoes would earn more than that.. especially with writing and autograph. Lets see...

I know what you mean. His gloves were sold for more than what was expected, so this will be the same...:D

Off TOPIC!!!! YOUR Siggy!!! :wild::wild::wild: HE LOOKS AMAZING!!! where do ppl. get these pics! Never seen it b4!!! Thankyou! :D

L.O.V.E.
Romi

ahhh?
How is this? Is this the "original" cassette of Anka or is the original recording with MJ singing? Didn't Sony say they had "found the song on a box labelled This is it"? (yeah right...)
Which cassatte is this they are selling now?

am I the only one who feels sad that all these things of his are being sold off? I mean, I know, they fetch money for the estate and his kids but something in me wants them all in one place, preferably in a safe where the kids can have them for posterity. like in a MJ museum. I know why Mike didn't wanna sell a lot of his stuff. he was emotionally attached to his possessions... they gave him comfort... he'd lost a lot in his life... the things were an important link to a time gone by that will never be :(

I know. I'm being melodramatic. still... :(

am I the only one who feels sad that all these things of his are being sold off? I mean, I know, they fetch money for the estate and his kids but something in me wants them all in one place, preferably in a safe where the kids can have them for posterity. like in a MJ museum. I know why Mike didn't wanna sell a lot of his stuff. he was emotionally attached to his possessions... they gave him comfort... he'd lost a lot in his life... the things were an important link to a time gone by that will never be :(

I don't think those items are sold from the estate, and the money collected from the auction didn't go to the estate either. I remembered Michael said once that he didn't want to draw pictures any more, cause they were all stolen at the end. After his death, we had seen so many his personal drawings and lyrics auctioned by anonymous person.

Does that say Sebago Black shoes?

Sebago shoes are really light as opposed to normal black loafers. I knew they cant have been normal black heavy loafers.

I don't think those items are sold from the estate, and the money collected from the auction didn't go to the estate either. I remembered Michael said once that he didn't want to draw pictures any more, cause they were all stolen at the end. After his death, we had seen so many his personal drawings and lyrics auctioned by anonymous person.

yeah, that's worse :(

however, my next, logical, question is -- what size are the shoes? :p ;) :D

It's always bothered me, the whole auctioning thing.
It's one thing to have his things for sentimental reasons or keepsakes and such,
but just making money off of it, because of Michael's name seems very...wrong.
As someone said....milking.

Btw, Lol@ Marie's "Woot! Woot!" :Lol:

Even though it would be really nice to own something that used to be his I think it's wrong in a way. I just don't understand why people sell his legacy. We won't have anything left. Wish I could stop this. :(

i'm with ya there, tears are just rollin', as i copied the picture, i feel sick to my stomach. gotta go.:cry:

Yes, I did think of that picture too. I don't have an answer!

The shoes sold for 22,800 pounds ($37,300).

9.5? as in Euro or American? if American, I don't think so. have you ever seen his feet? HUGE!!!! :cheeky:

michael-jackson-architectural-digest-neverland-ranch.jpg

Back