The Daily News Aug 27

mariemarie

Guests
Hello, post news in here that don't need it's own threads. Lets keep track of what's written about Michael Jackson out there, not the tabloid crap, but you know the deal :)

Seagram’s launches music vid for Michael Jackson's birthday

Mumbai/Kolkata, Aug 27 : In what can be easily termed as musical history, Seagram's Royal Stag has created a special video 'Make it Large- A tribute to Michael Jackson', to be released on music channels across India on Saturday (August 29) to celebrate the pop legends 51st birthday.

A celebration could not be larger than this one where the best of Indian musicians come together to pay tribute to the genius that is Michael Jackson. Written by Vishal, composed by Vishal and Shekhar, produced by Red Chillies Idiot Box, and directed by Samar Khan ‘Make it Large’ features Shankar, Shaan, KK, Shreya Ghoshal and Michael’s closest dance likeness in India-Prabhudeva.

The video also features testimonials on Michael Jackson from Bollywood’s hottest talent; Shahrukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Anoushka Sharma, Shahid Kapur, and cricket’s best-Yuvraj Singh.

Bikram Basu, Vice President-Marketing, Pernod Ricard India said, “Michael Jackson is an icon, an undying creative genius. He uniquely stands for Royal Stag’s brand philosophy to aspire and 'Make it Large'. This tribute song and video to Michael Jackson is really special.”

Composer Vishal said, “The idea was derived with just from the thought of Michael. It’s just awesome to see all of us come together out of love for one person and his music. It’s magic!” Composer Shekhar said, “A tribute to MJ is something any musician would give his right hand to do.”

Director Samar Khan said, “MJ’s life and death have made an indelible impression on my life and suffice it to say that I had to be part of that history. The opportunity to direct this video was one I could not pass up and I am certain that it will leave a lasting impression on audiences across India”

Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009), dubbed the "King of Pop", was an American legend and perhaps one of the most commercially successful entertainers of all time. His unique contributions to music and dance, along with a highly publicized personal life, made him a prominent figure in popular culture for over four decades.

His Journey started in 1964 as a member of The Jackson 5. His 1982 album Thriller remains the best-selling album of all time, with four others — Off the Wall (1979), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991), and History (1995) — continue to be among the best selling albums. He is widely credited with having transformed the music video from a promotional tool into an art form, with videos such as Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller using inimitable dance moves like the moonwalk and robot.

His achievements are truly larger than life… a double-inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, his other achievements feature multiple Guinness World Records — including the "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time" — 13 Grammy Awards, 13 number one[COLOR=#b00e0] [/COLOR]important singles, and estimated sales of over 750 million records. All MJ did was followed his dreams…to make it large!

http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-100069.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1991 - "Looking Back To Yesterday: A Young Michael" was released by Motown.

1995 - Michael Jackson testified in a lawsuit brought against his family by the producers of the "Jackson Family Honors" show. He stated that he never promised to perform, but agreed to present awards.

honorseo2.jpg

Last edited:
Was this posted yesterday? I got it in my google alerts today. IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN! Cross posted in the vigil/fan gathering section.

Off the Wall: Q-Tip Celebrates Michael Jackson

When it comes to Michael Jackson parties, we say, "don't stop til you get enough."
By MAWUSE ZIEGBE
Updated 7:30 PM EDT, Wed, Aug 26, 2009

In the months since Michael Jackson’s passing, most people have revealed themselves as freakish MJ fans. Now, there have always been stars that waved the Michael flag; just check the satiny pop-lockin’ of Ginuwine, the dynamic athleticism of song-and-dance man Usher, or the easy Pop-&-B melodies of Ne-Yo. But one of the more random Jackson acolytes is hip-hop MC and former A Tribe Called Quest frontman Q-Tip.

While he did build his single “Move” around a nearly indiscernible sample of The Jackson 5’s “Dancing Machine,” Q-Tip is mostly known for fusing obscure jazz riffs with sunny, soulful hip hop. Although lately he has been peppering his live sets with lovingly lavish Jackson covers.

But who knew his love for Mike ran so deep? Well, on August 29th, everyone will. This Saturday he’s mounting “Long Live The King! A Birthday Celebration for Michael Jackson,” a mammoth tribute in honor of the late pop monarch’s 51st birthday. It all goes down at the Nokia Theatre Times Square.

‘Tip will man the wheels of steel and promises to blow minds with a cache of unreleased Michael remixes and rare footage of the singer from both his Motown and Sony years.

He’s also roped in fellow Grammy Award-winning DJ, producer, and artist Mark Ronson to furnish some tunes. Of course, you know Mark Ronson as the dapper Brit who struck pop pay dirt when he married the velvety rhythms of The Dap Kings to Amy Winehouse’s potty-mouth soul on her acclaimed album, "Back To Black." Hip-hop and house music selector DJ Spinna, who is known for moving feets at legendary tribute parties for Jackson, Prince, Stevie Wonder and more, will also crowd the booth.

With Q-Tip’s turntable finesse, Mark Ronson’s ability to rejuvenate old-timey soul, and Spinna’s many rides at the tribute party rodeo (and his largely flawless body-rockin’ skills), this won’t be one of those cheddar-laden, fedoras and flood socks, crotch-clutching fests. These fellas have the credentials to put on a party that truly captures Michael Jackson’s legacy: good music and great memories.

Q-Tip Presents: Long Live The King! A Birthday Celebration for Michael Jackson
Nokia Theatre, Times Square 1515 Broadway at 44th
$25 Advance Tickets
16+, 10 p.m., Sat. August 29.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/around-to...-Tip-Celebrates-Michael-Jackson-55187607.html

I GUESS YOU BUY THE TICKETS AT THIS WEBSITE:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/000042F7968D4B6E?brand=aeglive

Two New Michael Jackson Remix 'Suites' To Drop Next Month

Five installments will be packaged together as Michael Jackson: The Remix Suites I-V, due October 27.

By James Montgomery

The first installment of Universal Motown's expansive Michael Jackson: The Remix Suite project hit digital retailers Tuesday, and already, the label is readying the second edition of the series — and a third too.

Suite II will premiere online September 8 and features some of the biggest names in dance music remixing Jackson 5 tracks: house DJs Frankie Knuckles ("Forever Came Today") and David Morales ("I Want You Back"), superstar DJs Paul Oakenfold and Steve Aoki (both of whom take on "Dancing Machine") and disco don Dimitri From Paris ("I Want You Back").

Suite III bows September 22 and boasts a lineup of some of the biggest names in hip-hop and R&B tackling even more J5 tunes. Jackson's friend and collaborator Akon remixes the classic "Ben," red-hot producer No ID contributes a version of "Who's Lovin' You" and hitmaker Benny Blanco takes on "Ain't No Sunshine." Producers Emile Haynie ("Maria") and Sturken & Rogers ("Maybe Tomorrow") also appear.

The just-released Suite I features remixes of Jackson 5 classics like "Dancing Machine" and "ABC" by hip-hop heavyweights like the Neptunes, Dallas Austin and Polow Da Don, and recently, Blink-182's Mark Hoppus told MTV News that he would be involved in an upcoming Suite as well.

According to a spokesperson for Universal Motown, there will be five Remix Suites released in total, featuring work by artists like Swizz Beatz, Q-Tip and Rodney Jerkins. All five will then be collected in a physical album — called, appropriately enough, Michael Jackson: The Remix Suites I-V — due October 27.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1619634/20090826/jackson_michael.jhtml

(Unconfirmed)

Michael Jackson Memorabilia Starting 2-Year Tour

Michael Jackson’s fans will soon be able to view memorabilia from his personal collection, when an exhibit of it goes on a two-year tour. The tour will start at the end of October and will reportedly open in London’s O2 Arena.

It is Arts and Exhibitions International, which is owned by AEG Live that will put Michael Jackson’s memorabilia on display. It will be a three-city tour that will last about 4 to 6 months in each location. Jackson’s estate is expected to earn about $6 million from the exhibit.

The exhibition will be featuring items from Michael’s famous Neverland Ranch, as well as items from the “This Is It” tour, that was to be held at the O2 Arena. Attorneys for Jackson’s mother Katherine tried to put a stop to the exhibit, claiming that it could harm Michael’s legacy.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20090827/michael-jackson-memorabilia-starting-2-year-tour/

Back