The creative process behind Dangerous-the deposition

helena22

Proud Member
Some of yall have already heard this before, but I just found out a few days ago. So...for those who have never heard it so far, here you go.

A deposition in 1994. Someone claimed Michael had stolen his/her song to make the song Dangerous.

I feel sorry for him, he had to sit and go through this silly sh*t, but at the same time it's interesting to hear about the creative process behind the song. Love the singing and beatboxing he did.

There are 5 parts and I think the first 3 are more closely related to the way he created the song, so...

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDX7rrLtcL8&feature=related
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjsFb06euvI&feature=related
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TleoBkicN94&feature=related

the rest
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_jiylJy0AU&feature=related
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i34euyiQsFg&feature=related

Reactions: Bee
yeah. that's why i have no respect for anyone that ever made a claim against Michael Jackson, regarding original songs. nobody would have the courage to put out such innovative stuff, before him. but when he hit it big on the radio, suddenly everybody claimed they wrote his songs, first. it kept happening from the days of Bilie Jean, to the days of 'You Are Not Alone'. and yes..i include the latter, because it hit number 1 with a bullet. so as far as i am concerned, it was Michael's..even if it was somebody else's. you notice that the claims stopped happening, when MJ was no longer cool, in the eyes of the media. when radio dissed him. when it seemed, on the outside, that his sales were diminishing, cus the media said so. in reality, his sales never diminished. but, i thank God, in a way, that he was no longer cool, on the radio, because it outed all those bogus songwriters. they believed the media..so..they no longer made original songwriter claims against MJ. amazing coincidence, huh?

meanwhile...silently, behind the scenes..as MJ said...Invincible did great in sales.

surely, if MJ never touched 'You Are Not Alone', the bogus so called writers behind it, would have never released it, would have never given it a chance, on their own. but Michael's outward fame, and media attention, made those 'songwriters' 'courageous'.

you see..most people in the business, have the attitude of Sony. NEVER RELEASE INNOVATIVE NEW MICHAEL STUFF.

so, since they don't believe in songwriting..they're not allowed to claim the spoils of Michael's songwriting..whether it be his, or his, through someone else.

yeah, those guys may get a few dimes for writing YANA. but that's all. they're forgettable guys. the song loves Michael more than it will ever love them.

of course..now..that MJ is dead...and the media has made it clear, that iconic deaths are cool...suddenly, some crackheads are claiming that they own some MJ masters from post 2004.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. These depositions are so ridiculous. Yeah right like Michael stole his own songs. :smilerolleyes: But they are very interesting because you get to hear about his actual song making process.

LOL!..I just love Michael, he sounds so enthused in some of those parts, especially when he explains how Billie Jean came about, it sounds as if he had a big grin on his face the whole time. I would've loved to have the jury duty that day.

All the BS he had to go through but I had a feeling he found the whole thing rather amuzing. You can hear him laugh with some of the questions. I love hearing about the process of making a song.

Oh well, I love to hear him talk period. He could read the freaking dictionary and I would still be in awe lol.

The end where he points out the one similarity being that both songs say Dangerous is just hilarious... That woman lawyer was annoying as hell by the way.

This really was amazing to listen to...I could listen to him ALL day long how he created EACH and EVERY one of the songs that he's ever created....That would be pure heaven...

Reactions: Bee
I am so sad he had to go through all those courts and explain all those things, especially in this particular case when the prosecutor clearly didn't know what she was doing and even the judge seemed to lose patience with her. But on the other hand it's very interesting to listen to Michael explaining the creative process.

Also, so many fun parts. Like:

- Just answer the question.
- I'm trying (He sounds like he is pouting at that moment!:wub:)
- You're failing.
- Hehehehe.

Also, so many fun parts. Like:

- Just answer the question.
- I'm trying (He sounds like he is pouting at that moment!:wub:)
- You're failing.
- Hehehehe.
Yeah, I always laugh at that part, but he was actually in the process of answering the question!

All the BS he had to go through but I had a feeling he found the whole thing rather amuzing. You can hear him laugh with some of the questions. I love hearing about the process of making a song.

Oh well, I love to hear him talk period. He could read the freaking dictionary and I would still be in awe lol.

LMAO!

Yeah, I love to hear him talk too. And like I said on another thread, I still dream about someday someone finding a sort of diary on which he wrote about his creative process or some kind of sketch book.

poor Michael ..they looked for a reason to prosecute him and each and every turn....the shit this poor man put up with in his lifetime was just inconceivable...Yeah Like Michael would steal his own music....stupid asses.....:mad:.

Interviewer: Mr Jackson?

MJ: Hmm

Interviewer: Could you tell us the nature of your occupation? (ARE YOU FOR REAL?!)

MJ: Performer, songwriter...

Oh Michael SO MODEST - let me finish this off for you :D

...dancer and choreographer extrodinare, master magician, larger than life entertainer, full-time icon of a generation, trend-setter, movie maker, orginality incarnated. Oh and I also heal the world :D (and that's just on the weekends) :lol:

Last edited:
Interviewer: Mr Jackson?

MJ: Hmm

Interviewer: Could you tell us the nature of your occupation? (ARE YOU FOR REAL?!)

MJ: Performer, songwriter...

Oh Michael SO MODEST - let me finish this off for you D

...dancer and choreographer extrodinare, master magician, larger than life entertainer, full-time icon of a generation, trend-setter, movie maker, orginality incarnated. Oh and I also heal the world :D (and that's just on the weekends) :lol:

:clapping: LOVE this! Rep for you :flowers:

Since the media was so caught up about Oxygen Chambers and other stupid things, this is the closest we'll ever get to hearing an interview about MJ's creative process. This is the kind of thing i'm interested in listening to. I don't care how many girlfriends MJ has had though his life or why he wore surgical masks or why he had a pet Chimp named Bubbles.

:clapping: LOVE this! Rep for you :flowers:

Aw thanks :D Someone's gotta blow Michael's trumpet for him :lol: ;)

Since the media was so caught up about Oxygen Chambers and other stupid things, this is the closest we'll ever get to hearing an interview about MJ's creative process. This is the kind of thing i'm interested in listening to. I don't care how many girlfriends MJ has had though his life or why he wore surgical masks or why he had a pet Chimp named Bubbles.

Totally agree, and this is just what I've been trying to find and so far I've only heard snippets of how he creates. This is pure magic, and I'm going to use it as my guide for making music. I don't think I'll find a better guru :)

Back