The Civil Trial

TAW1979

Proud Member
I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I thought I'd open a thread concerning the hearing and the civil trial. I figured here is where you can post news updates as well as thoughts, opinions and emotions on the matter as the case moves on.

All I ask if that everyone please be civil (no pun intended) when discussing this trial.

Also, I know some of you all are anxious about how this will turn out. I'm a little anxious myself to be honest. But all I can say is that we can hope and pray that the trial will somehow expose Wade and James and that the estate will come out on top with its team of lawyers.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I thought I'd open a thread concerning the hearing and the civil trial. I figured here is where you can post news updates as well as thoughts, opinions and emotions on the matter as the case moves on.

All I ask if that everyone please be civil (no pun intended) when discussing this trial.

Also, I know some of you all are anxious about how this will turn out. I'm a little anxious myself to be honest. But all I can say is that we can hope and pray that the trial will somehow expose Wade and James and that the estate will come out on top with its team of lawyers.

Thanks in advance.
No offence but I think it makes more sense to keep going with the existing thread. There's a lot of stuff already there, sections from court documents, for example, plus lots of discussion. It's bang up to date. @Annita just posted something last week. The next bit of court activity is on 22 August.

I do vaguely remember @Mister_Jay_Tee suggested a separate thread on this. Iirc, it was a sensible suggestion but I can't remember the exact angle he was aiming for. Personally, I think it's much easier to keep to just one thread but that's just me.

EDIT - Just remembered, wendijane did start this thread which people found helpful:

Last edited:
Well, I'm sorry I started this thread. I knew it was a bad idea, and I shouldn't have done it as I thought about the reasons you mentioned. I just thought it would be another outlet concerning the upcoming trial.

I'm also going to quit posting and/or responding to threads here as it shows I keep making mistakes or that I don't know what's being discussed. In short, I'm done. It's not against the community or anyone else here. I just think it's for the best that I remain silent here. I'll still support MJ and keep an eye on the news about anything concerning him though.

Thanks for reading and take care.

Well, I'm sorry I started this thread. I knew it was a bad idea, and I shouldn't have done it as I thought about the reasons you mentioned. I just thought it would be another outlet concerning the upcoming trial.

I'm also going to quit posting and/or responding to threads here as it shows I keep making mistakes or that I don't know what's being discussed. In short, I'm done. It's not against the community or anyone else here. I just think it's for the best that I remain silent here. I'll still support MJ and keep an eye on the news about anything concerning him though. [...]
I'm sorry if my reply upset you, that certainly wasn't my intention. It's definitely a good idea to talk about this upcoming trial but as there were already two existing threads I thought it was worth flagging them up. I wasn't suggesting that you close down this thread. You created it and if people respond then that's great. I noticed that you had commented on at least one of those other threads I mentioned so I assumed you had just forgotten that they were there.

You most likely won't read this, which is a shame. I wasn't trying to close down your conversation, I was simply saying, 'look, the convo is already up and running'. Although, that said, it's not likely to be very active since the trial date has still not been set. The next trial readiness conference takes place on 22 October 2024.

[...] I just thought it would be another outlet concerning the upcoming trial. [...]
And it still might be, once the trial actually gets started. People might need several threads for this, it's going to be a huge, ongoing conversation. I still can't remember why Mr JT suggested a new thread but I know he did and I remember it being a sensible idea. Your thread has a nice straightforward title, perhaps people would find it more easily than the other two. I don't know. I definitely don't think it was a mistake to create the thread. There is going to be a lot of anxiety around this. One thing that happened at the trial conference yesterday has racked up my own anxiety quite a lot. So it's all very difficult.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. I'll apologise again and leave it at that.

Thanks for reading and take care.
And you, also.

Back