The Brilliance Of Man In The Mirror

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
I know on this board and most fan boards, fans have a tendency not to talk about artists most popular songs which is understandable, But I was listening to "Man In The Mirror" earlier and I really have to say how great this song is. It's so inspirational. It really makes me want to be better as a person and help others more, as cheesy as that sounds, it's true.

Also Michael may not have written but no one can sing or perform that song like him. I noticed that after MJ passed, "Man In The Mirror" got more airplay and downloads than any of his other songs. At least in the U.S. This suprised me really, I thought it would be either "Billie Jean" or "Thriller", but I was happy to know that so many like "Man In The Mirror".

The song is perfect in everyway and I love all performances of this song but the performances of MITM from The Grammy's and "Moonwalker" are esepcially great. I'm not even a very emotional person at all, but I used to cry everytime I watched these performances and that was long before MJ passed, but now it's even worse. I can't listen to that song or watch the performance of the song from "Moonwalker" without crying. I have to say though that Michael brought it to the church with that song! I love the addition of the gospel choir.

The song is just brilliant and among his best lyrically.

I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right . . .

As I, Turn Up The Collar On My
Favorite Winter Coat
This Wind Is Blowin' My Mind
I See The Kids In The Street,
With Not Enough To Eat
Who Am I, To Be Blind?
Pretending Not To See
Their Needs

A Summer's Disregard,
A Broken Bottle Top
And A One Man's Soul
They Follow Each Other On
The Wind Ya' Know
'Cause They Got Nowhere
To Go
That's Why I Want You To
Know

I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself, And
Make That Change!

My fave lyrics in the song. Love Michael so much and thanks to Siedah for writing this and MJ for singing it so well :wub::wub:. No one can ever sing or perform this better.

It's really a truly wonderful song, and I feel like a lot of people kind of forget HOW amazing it is because of its popularity.

If you just sit back and try to listen to it with fresh ears, you hear all the details that make it a brilliant song. It's so lovely and so soulful!

Indeed, it's such a powerful and inspiring song. Makes you want to put what he says in those lyrics into action. This was probably my first favorite song by Michael. Loved it since I was a kid, and the Grammy performance still blows my mind.

Yeah, I always loved it but when he performed it at the Grammy's, I was so amazed. It was arguably the best ad-libs I had ever heard. Ever.

Back