The Beatles, Now iPod Accessible - iTunes got the rights to the downloads from Jackson’s mother.

angel2

Proud Member
The Beatles, Now iPod Accessible

November 16, 2010 by Penn Points Staff

The British invasion, finally invading iTunes.

Apple announced Tuesday morning it has nabbed the rights to all the Beatles tunes and fans at Penn Manor are already loving it.

Every album and song available is now posted on iTunes. The songs cost $1.29 each, albums for $12.99, double albums for $19.99 and even a complete boxed set for $149.00. The boxed set includes all of The Beatles albums and a few bonus tracks.

“I am really exited to buy their music and listen to it, I didn’t know it was released, but I’m happy to hear that it was,” said senior Charles Blymier.

“I didn’t know that that the music was released, I’m pumped to get all of their songs because I don’t have all of them yet,” said Ryan Dettrey, a fan of the Fab Four.

Dettrey is a huge fan of the Beatles and was waiting for the songs to go up on iTunes. The boxed set will be Dettrey’s Christmas gift this year.

“I don’t know why Paul McCartney didn’t have the rights in the first place,” said Adam Swift, a senior.

Swift will be buying the songs “Let It Be,” “Hey Jude” and the entire White Album.

John Lennon had the rights to the catalog ownership before he died. According to pophistorydig.com, after Lennon’s death, Michael Jackson purchased the catalog by outbidding other potential investors. :lol:

The money went to The Beatles recording label Apple Records, who they signed with in 1968. When Michael Jackson died, the catalog then went to his mother.

iTunes got the rights to the downloads from Jackson’s mother. :lol:

“It is very disappointing to see the Jackson family making money off of another artist’s work,” said music teacher Melissa Telesco.

Telesco has all of The Beatles CD’s so she won’t be purchasing the MP3s. She is, however, basically doing back flips because of her excitement over the music release.

So are a lot of other people.

“I have a lot of the music…however, I am going to get the rest of the songs I don’t have on iTunes,” said Alex Lombardo, a junior at Penn Manor.

In iTunes, Abbey Road is already at the number 11 spot for the top downloaded album followed by the White Album in number 12, box set at 13 and Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Club Band sitting as the 14th most downloaded album. All of the other albums are in the top downloads on iTunes and have only been accessible for a few hours.

“I will buy a few of my favorite song for the car, just because I hate CD’s and I don’t pirate my music,” said art teacher Kim McMullen.

“We love the Beatles and are honored and thrilled to welcome them to iTunes, even though it has been ‘a long and winding road’ to get here. Thanks to the Beatles and EMI, we are now realizing a dream we’ve had since we launched iTunes ten years ago,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO.

http://www.pennmanor.net/pennpoints/?p=10875

LOTSA MONEY for MJ's children ... :lol:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

angel2;3082845 said:
John Lennon had the rights to the catalog ownership before he died. According to pophistorydig.com, after Lennon’s death, Michael Jackson purchased the catalog by outbidding other potential investors. :lol:

The money went to The Beatles recording label Apple Records, who they signed with in 1968. When Michael Jackson died, the catalog then went to his mother.

“It is very disappointing to see the Jackson family making money off of another artist’s work,” said music teacher Melissa Telesco.

LOL

:hysterical:

The Estate owns it, not Michael's mother. And may I say diddums. Michael outbid McCartney for it and as Michael said Paul McCartney makes millions a year. If he wanted them that badly he would have outbid him for them. He didn't so PPand B are getting the benefits of this.

Just saw this on the apple homepage...interesting. Can't believe the guilt trip of the woman in the article. Michael bought the catalogue fair and square, so beat it! LOL. But yeah, diddums. :p

The Estate owns it, not Michael's mother. And may I say diddums. Michael outbid McCartney for it and as Michael said Paul McCartney makes millions a year. If he wanted them that badly he would have outbid him for them. He didn't so PPand B are getting the benefits of this.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I wish people would get their facts staright when they write their articles.

LOL research anyone. the jacksons wish lol

telesco shouldn't be a music teacher. she is going to corrupt kids' minds pitting musicians against each other, and being an advocate against good music business. and she's not good for morals either, the way she sounds, if she's got something personal going on against somebody.

*downloads 'the long and winding road'*

Last edited:
plus I do not think that Michael's estate or Sony had nothing to do with the decision of Beatles catalog being available on itunes. As far as I know Beatles themselves wasn't okay with itunes pricing and selling singles (not full albums). And it seems like Beatles themselves now approved the new deal.

plus I do not think that Michael's estate or Sony had nothing to do with the decision of Beatles catalog being available on itunes. As far as I know Beatles themselves wasn't okay with itunes pricing and selling singles (not full albums). And it seems like Beatles themselves now approved the new deal.

It wasn't the pricing, it was over the name Apple. The Beatles music lablel is called Apple Corps and they have been arguing with Apple over trademark issues. They have been in dispute for years over it but now all seems to have been resolved.

Is it so hard to do a bit or research before you print crap!?!?:doh:

And Melissa Telesco needs to take a hike!:smilerolleyes:

Good. Now the estate can make more money from that crappy music.

LMAO at that woman's comment, though. Some people... :lol:

Michael outbid McCartney for it and as Michael said Paul McCartney makes millions a year. If he wanted them that badly he would have outbid him for them. He didn't so PPand B are getting the benefits of this.

McCartney didn't even try to buy the catalog so I don't know how he can be mad about Michael buying it.

Gold Magazine Interview 2002
GG: You outbid Paul McCartney for the Beatles archive. What was so special about it?
MJ: No, I didn't, he didn't bid for it. It was for sale and I liked it and I bought it like buying a piece of art.

And Branca said the same.
Branca says that before they bid, he checked with Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono and with McCartney's lawyer and brother-in-law John Eastman to see if they were interested. They were not.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32418795/ns/today-entertainment

I think the music teacher went to the same university that Murray did.

Michael, like any citizen with money, can bid on a catalog if he wants to. I think the music teacher forgot that.

Paul McCartney owns the rights to the Buddy Holly song catalogue. He, too, makes money off other artist's work. But that's okay I suppose? Good on Mr McCartney for making money off another artist's work, but how DARE Michael Jackson follow YOUR lead, and take the advise that YOU gave him and make money off another artist's work! :smilerolleyes: The double standard is there for all to see.

Good. Now the estate can make more money from that crappy music.

LMAO at that woman's comment, though. Some people... :lol:

Woah hold up the mofo'ing truck. Beatles are not crappy >.>
Go try say that on the Steve Hoffman forums :D

McCartney didn't even try to buy the catalog so I don't know how he can be mad about Michael buying it.

GG: You outbid Paul McCartney for the Beatles archive. What was so special about it?
MJ: No, I didn't, he didn't bid for it. It was for sale and I liked it and I bought it like buying a piece of art.

Quote:
Branca says that before they bid, he checked with Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono and with McCartney's lawyer and brother-in-law John Eastman to see if they were interested. They were not.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/324187...-entertainment

probably McCartney didn't have enough money at the time? lol :scratch:

Just saw this on the apple homepage...interesting. Can't believe the guilt trip of the woman in the article. Michael bought the catalogue fair and square, so beat it! LOL. But yeah, diddums. :p

Paul McCartney owns the rights to the Buddy Holly song catalogue. He, too, makes money off other artist's work. But that's okay I suppose? Good on Mr McCartney for making money off another artist's work, but how DARE Michael Jackson follow YOUR lead, and take the advise that YOU gave him and make money off another artist's work! :smilerolleyes: The double standard is there for all to see.

:baby:

So... we have to react to such articles and "teachers" like this Melissa Telesco.
Post comments on articles on the Internet

Errr what? She needs to look around her, not a lot of people own there own songs anymore. They are very lucky if they do.

If she knew so much about music she'd be working in a studio, not working as a music teacher.

Someone tell these jerks to do a research as for the actual beatles ending up on itunes. More money to PPB good for them!

I haven't read all thread.

BUT - this must result in a HUGE earning to the MJ Estate - and therefore MJ's children. Right?

MJ's children will never need anything in terms of $$$.

But poor children need their daddy. :(

the beatles have 17 albums on itunes chart in USA and also 28 singles on the chart

angel2;3082845 said:
She must not know that Paul McCartney owns the rights to Buddy Holly's songs and a lot of Broadway show tunes. I think he also owns Happy Birthday To You. So Paul also makes money from another artist's work.

Back