The arcade version of the Moonwalker video game should be released

analogue

Proud Member
How awesome would that be? I've always loved Moonwalker on the Sega Mega Drive, but I think it would be great to release the arcade version on PSN and Xbox live

moonwalkerarcade-4.png

This would be awesome!

I would love to play that version of the game.

There's was an arcade in my town in the early 90's that had this and I loved playing it back then

I don't like using emulators. :)

They should update the game like what was done with Ducktales:

Now that would be the ultimate. I love the Duck Tales video game, and to see Moonwalker get the same treatment would be awesome

I love the arcade version, I like it much much more than the sega version. Than again that is the one I first played and only one I beat.. So maybe that's why I think it, but I like how the mapping worked more directions than forward and backwards..

Ive even thought of buying the machine just to have, but it would be great if they released it even as a downloadable game.. Preferably for the Xbox one for me.. lol

Would love to see it or the Genesis version on Xbox Live, PSN Store, or the Nintendo eShop someday. I don't see it happening anytime soon though since Ubisoft has the rights to use Michael's name/likeness for video games (I think they still do anyway), and SEGA doesn't seem interested.

The bigger question would be if SEGA still has the source code for either version of the game, because having the code is what makes it possible to release all these ports of older games that you see nowadays. SEGA reportedly threw out a bunch of source codes to their games back around 2005-2006, and if Moonwalker was among those thrown out, that would suck. :( Granted, it is possible to take a copy of the actual game and reverse-engineer it to get the code, but that would take time/money which SEGA may not want to invest in right now.

Until then, we always have emulation, like Birchey suggested. :D

Source code or no source code, remaking Moonwalker wouldnt be that difficult today. I cant say im up for the job but anyone familiar with coding could probably remake the game with better sounds, animations, and maybe even make it 3D with high poly models! If anyone doubts that just remember a game like Minecraft was programmed and designed by a single person!

Back