The 29th Anniversary Of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’

billyworld99

Proud Member
michaeljacksonthriller.jpg

Michael Jackson’s legendary ‘Thriller’ album was released exactly 29 years ago on November 30th 1982 so it is only fitting for us to celebrate this global phenomenon with a special edition of Way Back Wednesday. Join us as we reflect several of the iconic videos and performances from the era that changed popular culture forever and earned Jackson the everlasting title of King of Pop.

No other artist on planet Earth has ever accomplished what Jackson did during his lifetime. He was truly the complete package – singer, songwriter,producer, dancer, arranger and visionary – and the perfect Pop star.

Several of the younger entertainers whom have been compared to him barely possess a 10th of Jackson’s talent and have yet to put forward a record that matches the magnitude of ‘Thriller’. Indeed, those acts who have emulated his dancing definitely can’t sing his songs and those who have the ability to sing as well as dance are certainly not songwriters. The truly was only one and will always be only one King of Pop!

Watch the bonus performance of Jackson performing my personal favourite track from ‘Thriller’, ’Wanna be Startin’ Somethin’, during his ‘Bad Tour’ in 1987 below:

‘Wanna Be Startin’ Something’
http://thelavalizard.com/2011/11/wa...9th-anniversary-of-michael-jacksons-thriller/

billyworld99;3548732 said:
michaeljacksonthriller.jpg

Michael Jackson’s legendary ‘Thriller’ album was released exactly 29 years ago on November 30th 1982 so it is only fitting for us to celebrate this global phenomenon with a special edition of Way Back Wednesday. Join us as we reflect several of the iconic videos and performances from the era that changed popular culture forever and earned Jackson the everlasting title of King of Pop.

No other artist on planet Earth has ever accomplished what Jackson did during his lifetime. He was truly the complete package – singer, songwriter,producer, dancer, arranger and visionary – and the perfect Pop star.

Several of the younger entertainers whom have been compared to him barely possess a 10th of Jackson’s talent and have yet to put forward a record that matches the magnitude of ‘Thriller’. Indeed, those acts who have emulated his dancing definitely can’t sing his songs and those who have the ability to sing as well as dance are certainly not songwriters. There truly was only one and will always be only one King of Pop!

Watch the bonus performance of Jackson performing my personal favourite track from ‘Thriller’, ’Wanna be Startin’ Somethin’, during his ‘Bad Tour’ in 1987 below:

‘Wanna Be Startin’ Something’
http://thelavalizard.com/2011/11/wa...9th-anniversary-of-michael-jacksons-thriller/

:birthday::cheers:

HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY THRILLER!!!

Thankyou Michael for blessing the world with this eternal masterpiece!

:yes::bow::clap:

Wow I can't believe it's been this long!

I wasn't even born yet until a few years later lol when the album came out.

I always said I was born in the wrong era lol.

I remember when I first saw the Thriller video on Halloween when I was 10/11 on Disney Channel in the early 2000's with my younger siblings and we were freaked out! And we still are. That was one memorable Halloween for me :yes:

Btw that was the first I ever heard of MJ :)

Anyway the 'Thriller' album was simply genius. 'Human Nature' is such a classic song but 'Beat It' was my fave from the album.

Happy 29th Birthday Thriller!! Oh, and Happy 23rd Birthday to me too :D!!!

I cant believe its 29 years and nobody has out sold it. That shows how amazing it was and still is. Happy belated birthday.

I remember seeing the video on tv back then, like yesterday. I was 15. You had to wait until your favorite music show aired again to see it again, lol.

I always was mesmerized by Michael's dancing in his video's, especially with back-up dancers. I never had seen an artist dance better than the backgrounddancers. He really was something else and his choreographed dances/vids were also something else in those days. No one did that. At least, no one that I can think of.

thriller460.jpg

I remember it like it was yesterday, and I was 9. They showed the vid during the news, people! It was such a huge deal, even my parents sat down to watch (and that says a lot). I couldnt sleep for weeks afterwards but I loved it.

I remember being irritated at Ola for running to an ABANDONNED house instead of going back to the movie theater which was the reasonable thing to do. Sheesh. But when she turned around and Michael is a zombie too, I think I peed my pants a little. :p
The zombie dancing took my breath away though. I couldnt believe it was the sweet smiling man from OTW

I'll never forget that night. The world was changed forever.

Back