The 20 Most Influential Black Individuals in Film, TV, and Music; Michael is #2!

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/t...uals_in_film,_tv,_and_music_201102252405.html

2 – Michael Jackson (musician)

Michael Jackson may have had a heavily criticized personal life, but that wasn’t what made him a star. I choose to look past the allegations and court proceedings, and instead gaze at one of the most famous musicians of the past century. The King of Pop indeed. It is quite sad that, though Michael accomplished so much – rallying the adoration of an international fan base, only to die at the young age of 50.

Congrats Michael!

That's good but he should have been #1 on that list. The guy who is #1 should be behind Oprah and bill Cosby... N Tyler perry is too low (IMO)

Great !! even I think he should be number one regarding how long has been his career and his influence since so long time, and he opened so much doors to black people ! OW must be nuts to be behind him, her ego is so big she probably thought she's a model of success :lol: ! I'm amazed that Morgan Freeman is so far ... and Spike Lee :(

whaaaat???who da hell is geoffrey flether?? Mike shoulda been #1.

Cool :D, that list is a little messed up though IMO MJ should be #1, Will Smith is a good actor but I don't see why he's there, Chris Rock and Oprah...No comment, plus they left out some big names.

MsCassieMollie;3269868 said:
http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/t...uals_in_film,_tv,_and_music_201102252405.html

2 – Michael Jackson (musician)

Michael Jackson may have had a heavily criticized personal life, but that wasn’t what made him a star. I choose to look past the allegations and court proceedings, and instead gaze at one of the most famous musicians of the past century. The King of Pop indeed. It is quite sad that, though Michael accomplished so much – rallying the adoration of an international fan base, only to die at the young age of 50.
DUMB! :smilerolleyes: Instead of looking past it, won't it be better to actually do some research on the truth! It amazes me how people can be okay with their ignorance! SMH

Wow this list is really messed up. Even though I'm happy that Michael is #2, he really, objetively should be #1. Regardless of his color he is no doubt the most influential artist, musician in the past 100 years. There are countless of artists today, whether choreographers, musicians, dancers, singers that were influenced by Michael with their respective careers. I just can't imagine any one else that could do that.

This screenwriter guy only wrote one screenplay for which he one an Oscar - his ONLY accomplishment and he is No. 1!! what a joke! OW No. 3- oh pleeease!

And, Chris Rock and Will Smith and this Chikel guy - all actors, better than Denzel Washington? I have nothing against all three, but as far as longevity and a quality actor Denzel beats them all hands down. And how about Spike Lee, he should be up there too, higher than Oprah that is for sure!

Anyway, Congrats to Michael, we all know he is not only the most influential black artist but the most influential artist period!!:punk:

Some of the people on this list may not be the traditional choices for this type of a list, but these are the individuals who were pioneers in their own right. They were the ones who broke records, shattered the status-quo, inspired generations, made a name for themselves in history, and more important than anything – they opened doors.

Just those 20? Sorry but --> :rofl:

And what about Chuck Berry? Sammy Davis Jr? James Brown? ETC!!!

Being N 1 just for one oscar, even when you are the first, it's really not that big. What about all the Grammys, Ama's, Bambi's and whatever-awards MJ had during his life? And you decide to "forget" about the allegations by actually talking about the allegations in 2 or the 4 lines of the article?

Sorry but if so... you can keep your number one :beee:

Thanks for posting, anyway :flowers:

Its an article not any kind of OFFICIAL LIST
Just ONE Mans opinion. Frederic Germay's personal choices
of who HE admires. Obviously His choice isnt going to be the
same as yours :)

"these are the black men & women that I have the most respect for,
and in turn, they’ve influenced me and countless others in more ways
than I can explain."

Wow this list is really messed up. Even though I'm happy that Michael is #2, he really, objetively should be #1. Regardless of his color he is no doubt the most influential artist, musician in the past 100 years. There are countless of artists today, whether choreographers, musicians, dancers, singers that were influenced by Michael with their respective careers. I just can't imagine any one else that could do that.

This screenwriter guy only wrote one screenplay for which he one an Oscar - his ONLY accomplishment and he is No. 1!! what a joke! OW No. 3- oh pleeease!

And, Chris Rock and Will Smith and this Chikel guy - all actors, better than Denzel Washington? I have nothing against all three, but as far as longevity and a quality actor Denzel beats them all hands down. And how about Spike Lee, he should be up there too, higher than Oprah that is for sure!

Anyway, Congrats to Michael, we all know he is not only the most influential black artist but the most influential artist period!!:punk:

Agreed!!!

His choices reflects his age. Hattie Mcdanield should be #1. Mr Sidney potier should be in the top 3. I stopped at Chris Rock, no way he belongs on this list. Who the hell heard of #1 before the movie precious.

As qbee said - it is the writer's OPINION. If he is speaking about who has influenced and inspired him we are not in a position to say otherwise.

Perhaps we can post our own list!

and even though you might not like some people on the list, please do not insult / curse them.

never heard of the guy at number one. surely if mj is at number 2 then james brown should be one as mj was influenced by him.lo anyway these types of things are so pointless

Last edited:
I don't care what place he's considered of as being on... just the fact that that person/writer, whatever he is, Germay, said these words: "Michael Jackson may have had a heavily criticized personal life, but that wasn’t what made him a star. Instead of discussing the false allegations and court proceedings..."

Respect for him, not many media people can say that about Michael.

Last edited:
From Jackson Legacy FB:
Frederic Germay Thanks for sharing my article, but I'd like to remind everyone that in the introduction to this article, I mention how these people have influenced ME the most, not necessarily everyone else. This is less of an official list, and more of an opinion-based article. Thanks.
about an hour ago

DUMB! :smilerolleyes: Instead of looking past it, won't it be better to actually do some research on the truth! It amazes me how people can be okay with their ignorance! SMH

I agree. Noone needs to look past the allegations! The allegations were not something that Michael should be ashamed of! It's something that those should be ashamed of who participated in this 21st century witch hunt! I don't want people to forget it or look past it. It's like forgetting and looking past the injustices those were done TO Michael! I only want people to acknowledge that Michael was THE Victim in all this!

BTW, I don't even know the guy who was put on Nr 1.

Its a matter of opinion, these are just one persons opinion! Michael is undoubtedly one of the greatest influences on not just black culture, not just American culture, but world culture as a whole.

I agree no one can say the list is wrong. This list is 100% right :)
Mr. Germany didnt state the list was about who influenced you the most.
He said it was a list of people that influenced him the most. Just becuase you
may not know the people on the list it doesnt mean they havent influnced him
the most. He even was quoted above in saying on FB
Quote :Frederic Germay
Thanks for sharing my article, but I'd like to remind everyone that in the introduction to this article, I mention how
these people have influenced ME the most, not necessarily everyone else. This is less of an official list,
and more of an opinion-based article. Thanks.

But what about people like Sidney Poitier, Louis Armstrong, Chuck Berry and Nat King Cole???????

These people had massive careers in a time when it was almost impossible for a black person to get anywhere in show-business!!!!!!

And what about James Brown????????

Back