That Prankster Michael...

Does anyone remember hearing the story years ago about Michael prank calling Russel Crowe making his voice sound like a woman? This is not the most current story Russel shared about being prank called by Michael but an old one. Some time around 2004-5 from what I remember.

and

Ape said:
The other story is somewhat similar. I am sure I read it somewhere where Michael would prank call his bodyguards and disguise his voice as a female fan saying they saw the guard, got flirty, and wanted to meet him at a specific time and place, then MJ would stand in his window laughing away watching the bodyguard trying to find his mystery "woman". Anyone else hear this story? If so, where was it?

o_O

Mike could make his voice sound like a female's that well? Where he could dupe even those who really knew him? Wowzers.

Yeah, I'd love to read the original stories on these events, too! :D I've personally never come across them.

Last edited:
Now my questions. Does anyone remember hearing the story years ago about Michael prank calling Russel Crowe making his voice sound like a woman? This is not the most current story Russel shared about being prank called by Michael but an old one.

Never hear he made his voice sound like a woman but I could bet it's part of tabloids? Like that picture of someone looking like MJ wearing high heels in a beach with a little girl "Paris", which of course wasn't him, but some people still believe that story :doh:

This is the Russel story from 2003 http://www.contactmusic.com/news-article/wacko-jacko-pranks-crowe

One I remembered is that he would pick up the phone when he visited people's homes and dial any number. When a woman answered, he would go into a monologue telling her that they were through and she could have the kids. The poor woman would try to interject and say that he had the wrong number, but Michael would continue and then hang up.

There are some threads here that have some of his pranks, but I cannot remember the titles.

^LoL! That's funny. Maybe not for the poor woman, but it does sound funny.Lucilla thank you for finding that. Wow, I looked all over and could only find 2010 story. Nothing from previous years. I remember the story being more detailed before, but good job of finding that one. Thank you.

Oh what about one where he was dressed up as a Sheik, and he was with someone (can't remember who) and pretended to speak Arabic to some couple and the friend he was with had to translate for him. I have to find that story. It made me laugh. So many stories about him make me laugh, in a good way. He was a funny and fun guy. Yup, he was a Fungi. :yes:

Last edited:
^^^:lol:

Yes he was a prankster but he got played too by others :)

Menzies, who said Snickers candy bars were another Jackson staple, recalled other light-hearted details. At one point on the "Victory" tour, Menzies said, Jermaine Jackson was supposed to place Michael's fedora on a microphone stand as his younger brother did his trademark moonwalk dance across the stage.
But one night, Michael Jackson finished his dance only to find Menzies' New York Yankees baseball cap on the stand where his own hat should have been.
"You should have seen Michael's face when he turned around and saw that hat, " Menzies recalled, laughing.

^Yeah, I remember the one about the Arabic too, but I cannot remember the details. How about the one that was written in, I think it was David's book, where he told Michael he had to sing this song to enter the gate at a club. Michael began to sing into the microphone at the gate, and the person at the other end said we do not take your kind here. Then David began to laugh and when Michael realized he was pranked he cracked up too.

^^^^^yeah, this :)
David Gest wrote this funny story about him and Mj in his book "Simply the Gest"

On Michael’s own money, he and I flew to Nashville and rented a car. He drove. I soon set about driving him mad, just totally bonkers.

In Nashville we were booked into a really nice hotel, Spence Manor. We pulled up alongside an intercom system you had to get past to get to go through the main gates. Michael didn’t know Nasville, so I sensed an opportunity to have some fun.

I told him that because we were in the self styled “Music City” we had to abide by one of the local traditions.

On Michael’s own money, he and I flew to Nashville and rented a car. He drove. I soon set about driving him mad, just totally bonkers.

In Nashville we were booked into a really nice hotel, Spence Manor. We pulled up alongside an intercom system you had to get past to get to go through the main gates. Michael didn’t know Nasville, so I sensed an opportunity to have some fun.

I told him that because we were in the self styled “Music City” we had to abide by one of the local traditions.
“You have to sing ‘It’s Music City and I am here. I’m Mike McDonald so let’s raise a cheer.’ Otherwise they won’t let you in. You have to do it,” I told him.

He gave me a puzzled look but went along with it. The guy on the end of the intercom came on and said in his southern accent, “How can I help you?”

Michael began to sing and the voice on the intercom replied, “Sorry, we don’t let weirdos in here.”

They wouldn’t open the gates. I was laughing so hard I was on the floor. Michael didn’t quite get it for a moment but as soon as he did he nearly peed his pants too. He couldn’t believe he had been such an idiot as to do that.

Michael and I used to have so much fun playing jokes on each other. My favourite prank was to put on another voice and pretend to be someone else – I loved to do voices. In the early days of working together, Michael went to stay at a hotel in Little Rock, Arkansas. He loved to eat. He had just arrived and I knew the first thing he would do was order food from room service. So I beat him to the punch. As soon as he got to his room, I rang him up, putting on a woman’s voice, and said, “Honey, do you want to order room service?”

“Oh yes, baby, I’ll have a hamburger,” he said. He always called people sweetheart or baby.
“Ok, darling,” I replied.

“I would like some mustard and ketchup.”

“Baby, we have no mustard and ketchup.”

“None?” he asked.

“None. We just ran out and our shipment is two days late,” I replied.

“Ok, I will have some relish.”

“Honey, we’re all out of relish. We just got rid of the last of it.”

“Ok, I’ll have mayonaise.”

“No mayonaise.”

“Cheese and lettuce?”

“No cheese or lettuce.”

“Fries?”

“No fries.”

“Well, just put some butter and tomato in the bun.”

“Honey, we have no buns, just toast.”

By this point he had enough, so he just started screaming, “You have no mustard, you have no ketchup, you have no fries, you have no buns. What kind of restaurant is this?”

I started cracking up. It was then that I realized I had him. I did exactly the same thing to him 25 years later. We weren’t working together then but I knew where he was staying.

That guy with the cigar in the video on the first page has many stories. I saw him on TV giving a longer interview, so if you can find it you will get many more.

Back