Thanksgiving Recipe *NEW* Ideas Please

BillieJean84

Proud Member
With Thanksgiving being a very short time away, I would like to know everyone's recipes that they make. I'm looking for something new and fun and simple. Just post your ideas here, thoughts, recipes, etc...

Anything dessert, side...etc. Do you make Pumpkin pie? Apple??

Whats your favorite side dish?

P.S. I really like Ambrosa but I am Lactose Intolerant so I cannot eat it with the Sour Cream! But the only problem is that the sour cream is what holds it all together so I need to know if anyone who cooks alot- is there a substitute I can use for the sour cream??? what other methods for Ambrosia can I use if any?

Last edited:
We make a LOT of side dishes in my family when it comes to Thanksgiving.

I highly recommend one of my favorites:

Texas Potatoes! :wild:

Here's the recipe -

2 lb. frozen hash browns
1 tsp. salt
1c. melted butter or margarine (1/2 for corn flakes)
10 oz. grated Cheddar cheese
3 c. corn flakes
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (16 oz.) sour cream

Mix all ingredients (except last 1/2 cup butter and corn flakes) together in a well greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Crush 3 cups corn flakes and mix with 1/2 cup melted butter. Cover top of casserole and bake another 25 minutes.

:D

thank you Reghead! I have never heard of it but I will certainly consider trying it.

thank you Reghead! I have never heard of it but I will certainly consider trying it.

^^ It is SO amazingly good, not hard to make either.

I'm thinking about what I'm going to make for Thanksgiving myself. I'm in Australia and my friends are like.... you are going to make us a real American Thanksgiving dinner?? :wild:
:p

I'm also thinking of ideas and I'm going to post a question on my facebook status, something like... what are great dishes for Thanksgiving dinner? I'll let you know if I get any interesting responses!

These are some sites that have very easy, scrumptious recipes with low-cost ingridients.
foodnetwork.com
campbellskitchen.com
pillsbury.com
duncanhines.com
bettycrocker.com

One of my friends told me about this one, so passing it along :)

Sweet Potato Casserole
Makes 8-10 servings

1 40oz can sweet potatoes
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cups melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2qt baking dish.

Heat, drain, & mash sweet potatoes.

Combine potatoes, white sugar, eggs, 1/3 cup melted butter, milk, & vanilla. Place in prepared baking dish.

In separate bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, flour, & 1/3 cup melted butter. Sprinkle over top of potato mix.

Bake for 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

I loooove bain wrapped asparagus!
1 bundle of asparagus
1/3 cup melted garlic butter
bacon

wrap up 3 pieces of asparagus in bacon, place in dish, when all the asparagus is wrapped brush melted garlic butter on. You can either bake, cook on the stove or grill. I prefer grilling but all 3 are really good.
Also you can go to Allrecipes.com and they have a whole section for Thanksgiving foods.

i,m from u.k amnd we don,t have thanksgiving,but it would be lovely to try some of these recipes anyhow.they sound lovely.

34ret8x.jpg

Back