Thank you Michael for making me the Star!

comeback2009

Proud Member
Dear All

I would like to express my sadness at the passing of Michael Jackson on June 25th 2009. I have been a member of mjjcommunity since 2008 and prior to that with Michael Jackson News International.

My views that follow are my own. They sit in isolation in the same way that my posts are infrequent and my contributions little. This is simply for me to express my opinion and to celebrate the awesome music that is and forever will be Michael Joseph Jackson.

I have not commented to date on my thoughts. I have never been a “fanatic” in the way that I know many of you are. I am however very passionate and in awe of Michael Jackson’s talent.

He has over the past 20 years inspired me in his abilities, his drive, his perfection and his detail to be the best. He has inspired me with his knowledge, his diversity and his savvy. He has enabled me to express myself and to provide me with escapism. His music has just simply made me happy.

He has shown me his flaws and he has left questions in my mind about his intentions. He has shown me that even the best can loose direction and have their imperfections. He has shown me how clever he has been at playing the game, dancing the dance, pitching the sound, creating the controversy, and just wanting to be the biggest.

Michael Jackson is not a God to me, nor is he everything I want to mirror in my life, but he has gained my greatest respect. Something which my friends know does not come easily to me.

As I stood in a record store today, with Michael’s albums everywhere, and companies cashing in on his death I realised something positive. It’s now okay to talk about Michael Jackson again. It’s okay to celebrate his music and its okay to be a fan. It’s sad that this had to happen for Michael to become acceptable again to the masses. I think he knew that.

Today I realised that Michael Jackson was a big fan of me. He made me feel famous, he made me feel talented, he loved the way he made me feel, and for that I thank him.

Thank you Michael.

Thank you for making me the Star.

This is beautiful, I love it, that's what we should do now, to thank Michael for giving his life for us =(

This is a beautiful post. Made me well up, you have expressed it so beautifully. Thank you. xx

Back