T.I. feat. Justin Timberlake - Dead And Gone (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)

I've heard the song twice now and I'm not a huge fan of it.
Who knows, maybe it'll become better when I hear it more.. I doubt though. JT isn't really my favourite. :smilerolleyes:

i have mentioned this song a couple of times..i'm writing this before looking at the video. i like the song. i like seperating song from video first. i think T.I. would get credit or blame for this cus it's his song...but..then again, it's like MJ..if you associate urself with a song, then you should have an effect on it...or not. either way..it's a cool song. it's hard for me not to compare everything every other artist does, to MJ, so i will say that i don't know how i will feel about the song a few years from now, cus MJ's music is timeless, and i want to see how other peoples' songs last..how long they have the initial effect on me. so far..other T.I. songs were good at first...then they became dated to me.

ok. edit. i have now looked at the video, and it allowed me to take a second 'look' at the song, which i have heard numerous times on the radio. as you can tell, every time it came on the radio, i stopped to listen. it's obvious that people are influenced by MJ, as they are missing dancing and whatnot, and i give props to MJ for such influence, and i feel that influence too..but now..i'm standing back and taking that second look, and i think the song and video and message are strong, and commendable. it's obviously deeply spiritual, and that's another story...for me personally, that is important. i applaud Justin's and T.I.'s lack of shame in their message. i appreciate the anti violence anti pride, anti stupidity, anti gang, anti evil message that is being conveyed. i see that T.I. is learning from the death that has surrounded his life...i appreciate Justin for adding his clout to the message...i think his voice sounds terrific on this. i think T.I. is one of the better M.C.'s. at this point, i don't think it matters how i will feel about this song, years from now. i appreciate what it is conveying. i do think T.I. has also stood out for having some of the stronger rap tracks..some, not all. this is one of his producer's stronger ones. i don't know what else to say on it, right now. lol

Last edited:
i have mentioned this song a couple of times..i'm writing this before looking at the video. i like the song. i like seperating song from video first. i think T.I. would get credit or blame for this cus it's his song...but..then again, it's like MJ..if you associate urself with a song, then you should have an effect on it...or not. either way..it's a cool song. it's hard for me not to compare everything every other artist does, to MJ, so i will say that i don't know how i will feel about the song a few years from now, cus MJ's music is timeless, and i want to see how other peoples' songs last..how long they have the initial effect on me. so far..other T.I. songs were good at first...then they became dated to me.

ok. edit. i have now looked at the video, and it allowed me to take a second 'look' at the song, which i have heard numerous times on the radio. as you can tell, every time it came on the radio, i stopped to listen. it's obvious that people are influenced by MJ, as they are missing dancing and whatnot, and i give props to MJ for such influence, and i feel that influence too..but now..i'm standing back and taking that second look, and i think the song and video and message are strong, and commendable. it's obviously deeply spiritual, and that's another story...for me personally, that is important. i applaud Justin's and T.I.'s lack of shame in their message. i appreciate the anti violence anti pride, anti stupidity, anti gang, anti evil message that is being conveyed. i see that T.I. is learning from the death that has surrounded his life...i appreciate Justin for adding his clout to the message...i think his voice sounds terrific on this. i think T.I. is one of the better M.C.'s. at this point, i don't think it matters how i will feel about this song, years from now. i appreciate what it is conveying. i do think T.I. has also stood out for having some of the stronger rap tracks..some, not all. this is one of his producer's stronger ones. i don't know what else to say on it, right now. lol

Props to you for this post man.

Justin Timberlake & Rob Knok's produced the song, Justin's left Timbaland behind apparently, which I think is a good thing, seeing as the Timbaland sound has been over used and it's already dating.

T.I, Rob Knok's & Justin have recorded another song called ''If I'', you can hear the MJ & Prince influences in Jt's voice. I don't really like the song, but it's worth a listen.

Props to you for this post man.

Justin Timberlake & Rob Knok's produced the song, Justin's left Timbaland behind apparently, which I think is a good thing, seeing as the Timbaland sound has been over used and it's already dating.

T.I, Rob Knok's & Justin have recorded another song called ''If I'', you can hear the MJ & Prince influences in Jt's voice. I don't really like the song, but it's worth a listen.

hall and oates sample in the background i think...

don't really like the song, hate his falsetto.

i truly hope that ti has changed and thi sisn't just a front so he can get out of prison earlier. maybe he realized that he does have a major impact on youth and that if he sets a good example then thigns will change just lik ehis road to redemption show on mtv....just power how u can impact people w/ positivity

just sucks that he didn't realize that until he got in trouble

Back