Sydney raid uncovers Jackson memorabilia

Moonlight

Proud Member
Sydney raid uncovers Jackson memorabilia
October 10, 2009, 6:25 am

Michael Jackson memorabilia has been discovered during a raid on a Sydney office that was conducted as part of a multi-million dollar fraud investigation.

Police said last Saturday's haul allegedly included two fedora-style hats autographed by Jackson, as well as 600 pieces of jewellery and cosmetics.

Expensive champagne was also found among about 40 boxes in the Kent St office of a multi-national finance company, not yet named by police.

Police said they later discovered the goods were part of an elaborate fraud scheme in which more than $20 million was allegedly stolen from the company and used to buy real estate, diamonds and other investment items.

Inquiries have also led police to a paid order for a guitar, once owned by the late pop star.

A 40-year-old female accounts manager from Castle Hill was arrested and charged with seven offences relating to a series of fraudulent fund transfers.

Detectives are hoping to recover a large number of other items, allegedly purchased with the fraudulently obtained money and given away as gifts.

Anyone in possession of such goods or who has information relating to the case is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333.

source:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/mp/6192514/sydney-raid-uncovers-jackson-memorabilia/

Apologies if posted elsewhere, I couldn't find anything.

I'm not sure what to make of this though, could it have anything to do with the items that were alledgedly stolen?

Just more people trying to get away with ripping Michael off....Glad they are getting caught!!

I hope the stuff is returned to the estate. I'm very suspicious about the 600 pieces of jewelery that was stolen.

Actually, I'm confused by the article. Were Michael's items stolen from somewhere or was money stolen stolen from the company and used to buy these items which could be considered as 'investment items? Jewelery is always investment.

hopefully the items will be returned... just shake my head really.

It says it plainly in the article, no money or goods were stolen from MJ's estate.

A woman stole $20M from the finance company she worked for and used it to acquire "real estate, diamonds and other investment items."

Investment items included the two fedoras and guitar.

The jewellery and cosmetics had nothing to do with Michael.

Back