Sweet quote from Phil Collins about Michael

analogue

Proud Member
I remember reading this sweet quote from Phil Collins about Michael awhile ago and i was wondering if anyone knows where it's from

This is the what Phil said

''When children see Michael Jackson, they see a human being. When adults see him they see money''

Wow, isn't that the truth.. I don't know where that quote is from though. Sorry.

Wow....ain't that the truth? Thanks for sharing! Phil's a DUDE!

Phil as made a few comments about Michael's relationship with children

like this one (not 100% accurate but it's close)

''There was nothing strange or bizzare about Michael's love for children. He loved them because they treated him as a human being and not a walking cash machine''

Thanks for posting this quote...I'm glad to know they've met, he presented Michael with an award in 1992..Wonder if they've met other times..

[youtube]IeZfaJiMG7s[/youtube]

Last edited:
Is he the same Phil Collins who made fun of MJ in 1991?

#Justaskin'

^^ I've not heard of him ever making any disparaging remarks. Phil is another one of my favorite artists. There are many similarities between his music (solo AND Genesis) and Michael's. I've always envisioned Michael doing covers of his songs.

It is so true until the parents of a few kids made them falsely accuse MJ for monetary gain... It's sad all the way around. Murray is a prime example who saw the dollar signs when he saw Michael. There is no way an ethical doctor who cares about their patient would give their patient anesthesia as a sleep aid. Murray only saw money and how he would gain from it. He didn't give a damn about MJ, the man.

^^ I've not heard of him ever making any disparaging remarks. Phil is another one of my favorite artists. There are many similarities between his music (solo AND Genesis) and Michael's. I've always envisioned Michael doing covers of his songs.

Agreed 100% ...Oh wow, let's hope there is some Phil Collins covers in the vault, that would be an amazing thing to hear.

Last edited:
^^lol yeah that was funny! I never thought it was insulting..Phil said himself "I can't dance". haha
Nice quote..I like Phil.

I like Phil. It was funny, and it was some kind of tribute to Michael :)

Michael also came up in Genesis' Land of Confusion video. The whole thing was done with puppets from that show Spitting Image and at the end they do a We Are the World-type parody. A caricature of Michael is shown, but it's all in good taste. Frankly I think they make Madonna look worse. lol

Back