Swarovski set to dazzle at the o2

sophiemj

Guests
:punk:

With Staging Almost Set Fans Invited to Purchase Select Extra Tickets

The Countdown begins with 21 Days, 504 Hours Until Show Time!

Excitement is building and the tension is palpable as fans wait with baited breath for the kick off of Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” tour. History will be made as Michael Jackson takes his first steps on the O2 arena stage on July 13th sparkling with Swarovski crystals.

Great news for fans! As the staging details are being finalised for the hottest show of the decade a limited amount of seats will be released this Wednesday, June 24th at 8am to registered fans.

“Since we put tickets on sale prior to designing the show, we were quite conservative in holding back seats to accommodate the footprint of this massive and technologically advanced production. Now that Michael Jackson and Kenny Ortega are very advanced in the creative process, our production team is prepared to open up those “holds” to the general public. This is a great opportunity for some lucky fans to experience entertainment history" said Randy Phillips, President & CEO of AEG Live

The iconic costumes and spectacular sets of Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” tour will be encrusted with over 300,000 CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements, featuring 53 different shapes, 40 different sizes and 27 different colours!

“Swarovski is thrilled to partner with Michael Jackson and his creative team for the stage and costumes. As the King of Pop, it is only natural for him to be crowned in crystal.” Nadja Swarovski, Vice President Swarovski Crystal Business.

Kenny Ortega, Michael’s directorial partner and creative collaborator said, “Swarovski and their team have been incredible partners throughout the development of This Is It! It has been an exciting collaboration, as their support, ideas and world class products have inspired our fashion and scenic elements to a new state of the art!”

For all fans who have registered on http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com but have not purchased tickets will be re-entered into the lottery system once again to receive a code. If you haven’t yet registered do so before Tuesday, June 23rd and you will also be entered to receive a code. Please note, receiving a code does not guarantee a ticket. 4-ticket limit per person applies and if you have previously purchased tickets you will not be able to do so again. Stay tuned to http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com for more ticket information.

This will be the first chance to see the King of Pop in London in over a decade for what will be a historic stage show, and once in a lifetime concert experience - this really is it!

Note To Editors - One of the world’s most popular entertainers, Michael Jackson has sold over 750 million units worldwide and is one of the very few artists to be inducted twice into the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Guinness Book of World Records has recognised Michael Jackson as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time and Thriller as The Biggest Selling Album of All Time. Jackson won 13 Grammy Awards and received the American Music Award’s Artist of the Century Award.
Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” 50 concerts sold out in a matter of hours on March 13th smashing box office records.

With a heritage encompassing some of the most memorable moments in entertainment history, Swarovski crystal has captured the spotlight alongside eminent musicians from Madonna to Mariah Carey, Beyoncé to Britney Spears and Gwen Stefani to Girls Aloud.

For further information:

The Outside Organisation – PR Agency for AEG Live - Tel: 020 7436 3633
http://www.outside-org.co.uk

Celena Aponte / Celena.aponte@outside-org.co.uk
Natalie Whorms / Natalie.whorms@outside-org.co.uk
Adam Cotton/ Adam.cotton@outside-org.co.uk

For further information on Swarovski:

Swarovski Communication Unit London – Tel: 020 7255 8445

http://www.swarovskisparkles.com

Tara ffrench-Mullen / tara.ffrench-mullen@swarovski.com

Emma Rickett / emma.rickett@swarovski.com

In 1895, Daniel Swarovski I, a Bohemian inventor and visionary, moved to the village of Wattens, Tyrol in Austria, with his newly-invented machine for cutting and polishing crystal jewellery stones. From this beginning that revolutionised the fashion world, Swarovski has grown to be the world’s leading producer of precision-cut crystal, for fashion, jewellery and more recently lighting, architecture and interiors. Today, the company, still based in Wattens, family-owned and run by 4th and 5th generation family members, has a global reach, with some 26.000 employees, a presence in over 120 countries and a turnover in 2008 of 2.52 billion Euros. Swarovski comprises two major businesses, one producing and selling loose elements to the industry and the other creating design-driven finished products. Swarovski crystal components, known by their product brand names CRYSTALLIZED™ - Swarovski Elements for fashion and STRASS® Swarovski® Crystal for architecture and light, have become an essential ingredient of international design. Since 1965 the company has also catered to the fine jewellery industry with precision-cut genuine and created gemstones, and from April 2008 has strengthened this relationship by revitalising and renaming the product brand ENLIGHTENEDTM - Swarovski Elements. Showing the creativity that lies at the heart of the company, Swarovski’s own-brand lines of accessories, jewellery and home décor are sold through more than 1,600 retail outlets in all major fashion capitals. The exclusive Daniel Swarovski accessories collection has meanwhile become the company’s couture signature.The Swarovski Crystal Society has close to 350,000 members worldwide, keen collectors of the celebrated crystal figurines. And in Wattens, Swarovski Kristallwelten, the multi-media crystal museum, was opened in 1995, as a celebration of Swarovski’s universe of innovation and inspiration. The Swarovski corporation also includes Tyrolit®, manufacturing grinding tools, Swareflex, for road safety reflectors and Swarovski Optik, producing precision optical instruments.

Source: The Outside Organisation
http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/index.php?showtopic=42054

Like I said on twitter, sparklegasm! :wild: Can't wait to see what it all looks like incorporated into the sets and everything.

this is a bit of a shock to me because I have been designing a Swarivski crystal belt too for a month now and I've been shopping g for Swarovski crystals in London for a month!

Great minds think alike LOL

Damn, I've already used up my allocation of 4 tickets.

IMO, the tickets they will release will be at 75 pounds, in BK A, at the front.

its saying that ppl who already have tix cannot buy anymore inc production seats :(

ill have my shades, heres a swarovski toilet lol
10x4kzt.jpg

:rofl: MJ's gonna show up to the O2 in this:

314sbop.jpg

lmao!!!!!!! omg that wud be a hot entrance! damn it shud be illegal to drive that thing,can u imagine the sfety hazards during the summer lol

Can't Wait!

-On a side note, Michael has done a fantastic job of keeping the info for "This Is It" a secret. The shows are only 18 days away and we do not know the opening or supporting acts, a confirmed setlist, costumes, exact length, guest appearances, or anything. Its a complete surprise! Usually the opening act leaks out but so far...Nothing! I know its not Akon, he will be in Toronto in July for the Summer RUSH concert by Z103.5. So I wonder who it could be?

Yeah, I'm suprised by how much has ben kept a secret too!

Not much is known other than the information officially released. Some stuff started leaking out at the beginning from dancers etc., but then I guess everybody had to sign a confidentiality agreement because everybody involved stopped giving out information, except for the occasional cryptic message on Twitter. Well, I think they're cryptic, but perhaps they don't have a meaning. Anyway, we'll soon find out what's going on. Surely they can't keep everything a secret right up until opening night!

I'm sure that once they start getting ready to fly to London and items (sets, costumes etc) start to arrive in London, information will leak from within the O2, from couriers etc. They can't keep everybody quiet. If it doesn't accidentally leak, them I'm sure that AEG will deliberately feed the tabloids some information to keep their appetite going and keep the shows in the news up until opening night and beyond.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see lead crystal. For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation).
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/wiki/File:Unknown_Quartz_crystal_66.JPG
Quartz crystal. The individual grains of this polycrystalline mineral sample are clearly visible.

A crystal or crystalline solid is a solid material whose constituent atoms, molecules, or ions are arranged in an orderly repeating pattern extending in all three spatial dimensions. The scientific study of crystals and crystal formation is crystallography. The process of crystal formation via mechanisms of crystal growth is called crystallization or solidification.
The word crystal is derived from the ancient Greek word κρύσταλλος (krustallos), which had the same meaning, but according to the ancient understanding of crystal. At root it means anything congealed by freezing, such as ice.[1] The word once referred particularly to quartz, or "rock crystal".
Most metals encountered in everyday life are polycrystals. Crystals are often symmetrically intergrown to form crystal twins.

Crystal structure

Insulin crystals

Halite (sodium chloride) - a single, large crystal

The process of forming a crystalline structure from a fluid or from materials dissolved in the fluid is often referred to as crystallization. In the ancient example referenced by the root meaning of the word crystal, water being cooled undergoes a phase change from liquid to solid beginning with small ice crystals that grow until they fuse, forming a polycrystalline structure. The physical properties of the ice depend on the size and arrangement of the individual crystals, or grains, and the same may be said of metals solidifying from a molten state.

Which crystal structure the fluid will form depends on the chemistry of the fluid, the conditions under which it is being solidified, and also on the ambient pressure. While the cooling process usually results in the generation of a crystalline material, under certain conditions, the fluid may be frozen in a noncrystalline state. In most cases, this involves cooling the fluid so rapidly that atoms cannot travel to their lattice sites before they lose mobility. A noncrystalline material, which has no long-range order, is called an amorphous, vitreous, or glassy material. It is also often referred to as an amorphous solid, although there are distinct differences between solids and glasses: most notably, the process of forming a glass does not release the latent heat of fusion.

Crystalline structures occur in all classes of materials, with all types of chemical bonds. Almost all metal exists in a polycrystalline state; amorphous or single-crystal metals must be produced synthetically, often with great difficulty. Ionically bonded crystals can form upon solidification of salts, either from a molten fluid or when it condenses from a solution. Covalently bonded crystals are also very common, notable examples being diamond, silica, and graphite. Polymer materials generally will form crystalline regions, but the lengths of the molecules usually prevent complete crystallization. Weak Van der Waals forces can also play a role in a crystal structure; for example, this type of bonding loosely holds together the hexagonal-patterned sheets in graphite.

Most crystalline materials have a variety of crystallographic defects. The types and structures of these defects can have a profound effect on the properties of the materials.

Crystal phases or forms

See: Phase transformations in solids
Polymorphism is the ability of a solid to exist in more than one crystal form. For example, water ice is ordinarily found in the hexagonal form Ice Ih, but can also exist as the cubic Ice Ic, the rhombohedral ice II, and many other forms.
Amorphous phases are also possible with the same molecule, such as amorphous ice. In this case, the phenomenon is known as polyamorphism.
For pure chemical elements, polymorphism is known as allotropy. For example, diamond, graphite, and fullerenes are different allotropes of carbon.

See also

References

1. ^ "kreus-", The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition: Appendix I: Indo-European Roots, 2000 .
  2. ^ National Geographic, 2008. Cavern of Crystal Giants
  3. ^ This article incorporates text from the article "Petrology" in the Encyclopædia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, a publication now in the public domain.
[edit] External links

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal"
Categories: Crystals | Fundamental physics concepts

Well, I'm enjoying this mystery. Michael is to leave all curious. And I think Michael should remain so until the first concert. Must be a big surprise for all fans and especially the press. Why are many details leak will lose the grace, that which is already in the first concert will know what will happen. It is best to get you on the show and not know anything. lol! Michael will shine more than ever!​

Back