svedka Vodka commercial

I'm "thinking" that whomever is in charge of the Jackson 5 catalog is the one who would be responsible for licensing that song. I don't know for a fact, I'm just guessing.

I mean, isn't that a song that was sung when Jermaine was still a part of the group!

Dancing Machine is a Jackson 5 song, so I assume Motown holds the rights and gave the permission

i didn't know who had the rights to it so thats why i asked... thanks for your reply's.

can somebody explain me why when he was here everybody hated him/his songs. now when he's gone everybody loves him/his songs. i just cannot comprehend sorry

can somebody explain me why when he was here everybody hated him/his songs. now when he's gone everybody loves him/his songs. i just cannot comprehend sorry

A bit of an exageration there surely!?

"Everybody hated him/his songs"!?

I think you'll find an awful lot of people loved\liked MJ/MJ's songs before he died. It's just that the 'popular' media didn't want to project that image.

I agree a lot of the media have 'changed their tune' since MJ sadly passed away - they had little choice when they saw how 'the common man' reacted to the news (millions of albums, singles, DVD's being sold etc.) - and they don't want to appear 'out of touch'.

Millions of people have always loved MJ and his music. Perhaps they were 'shouted down' for years by the very loud, and very powerful, 'minority' (the media), but now, perhaps, the not so vocal majority are having their say.

This is from Russia, US copyright laws do not apply there... If the US cannot stop Russia from selling weapons to terrorists, they sure cannot make them obey copyright rules...

Everybody did not hate him. There were a lot of MJ/J5 covers and uses of his music in commercials before he passed. In 2008 there a big commercial using thriller.
[youtube]PWa3lqnxxqU[/youtube]

Thanks so much for the Sobe commercial, I had never seen it before and think it's really cute! The vodka commercial seems stilted, and it seems weird having a J5 song selling vodka.

This is from Russia, US copyright laws do not apply there... If the US cannot stop Russia from selling weapons to terrorists, they sure cannot make them obey copyright rules...

wow, thanks a lot for that! :mat:

did you notice how this commercial is in English (not Russian) language??

Back