Susan Boyle sets sales record

Proud Member
Entertainment News
Published: Nov 21, 2009
Share This Article | Send Us A Tip | Site Search Susan Boyle Debut; Record Breaks Amazon Record (Video)
by Staff

The upcoming debut album by British singing sensation Susan Boyle has become the largest global [COLOR=#0000FF ! important][COLOR=#0000FF ! important]CD[/COLOR][/COLOR] pre-order in the history of Amazon.com, the [COLOR=#0000FF ! important][COLOR=#0000FF ! important]online [COLOR=#0000FF ! important]retailer[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] said on Thursday.

sb_005.jpeg
Boyle's album "I Dreamed a Dream" will be released on November 24 by Sony Music [COLOR=#0000FF ! important][COLOR=#0000FF ! important]Entertainment[/COLOR][/COLOR]. It is the first album since the dowdy 48 year-old church volunteer from Scotland took the Internet by [COLOR=#0000FF ! important][COLOR=#0000FF ! important]storm[/COLOR][/COLOR] with her unlikely star turn on the TV show "Britain's Got Talent" in April. Amazon said that Boyle's album was not only the top CD pre-order in the United States, but also the biggest around the world in the 14-year history of it's web site.
Amazon declined to give their pre-order figures but said "I Dreamed a Dream" surpassed the 2008 record held by "Supermarket Fantasy" from Japanese rock band Mr. Children, 2007's "Not Too Late" by U.S. singer Norah Jones, and British group Take That's "Never Forget: The Ultimate Collection" in 2008.

Is it just me?

But I honestly do not understand her appeal...

But I guess her main target are aimed towards the older audience....

Good for her! I loved her debut and she seems like such a wonderful old fashioned woman. Incredible talent. I just with the damned media would leave her alone. I heard she had a breakdown because of all the media storm she endured with her recent success.

Is it just me?

yeah..i guess, in the end, whatever people think, there's such a mass audience out there, with one thing in common, their money looks the same and has the same attractiveness. otherwise, they may not have so many things in common, in their minds..

I am not into her music but good for her. I hated how people battered her because she is old and not attractive. Kudos to her.

I just bought her CD, and, WOW!!! It's totally amazing! The songs make my cry -- so beautiful! It's hard to believe that beautiful voice is hers.

She deserves this. we need voices like hers to come out. That woman can really sing! RESPECT!!!!

Honestly, I don't know what the fuss is about.

I think she's bigger in the USA than here in the UK, but respect to her anyway.

Is it just me?

I think she touched that part in all of us about making a dream come true, and it not mattering your age, your appearance, your background.

I'm very happy for her. But when I think how she emotionally "broke" in a few months in the spotlight, it gives me even more appreciation for MJ who lived through it from childhood through all his life, and under some devastating circumstances.

I'm not really into her music - but the fact she's making it, I respect that.

I'm glad she breaking through and I wish this gives hope to other people that go through BS, that there can be light at the of the tunnel.

Her voice is amazing but seriously, I don't like her at all. I think she's just a diva (in a bad way), all these things going around in the UK and during the time when she was on Britain's got talent about her complaing about the pressure and the fame and bla bla.

Seriously, if you can't handle it go home!! No one bloody forced you to become famous!

The only two people who I can think of who can complain FOREVER are Britney Spears and Michael.

Back