Supposedly, Ray Saadiq Will Be Opening For John Legend!

Mellow Fire

Proud Member
John Legend and Raphael Saadiq To Tour Together
October 7, 2008

Multi-platinum Grammy-Award-winning recording artist and acclaimed performer John Legend will embark on an extensive worldwide concert tour kicking off November 19 in Minneapolis.

The first leg of John's North American tour wraps up Dec 13 with a second leg running from Jan 12 through Feb 9.

The upcoming John Legend concerts mark the artist's first major tour since his massively successful world tour in 2007 (captured on Live From Philadelphia CD and DVD).

John's special guest on the tour's initial dates is his Columbia Records' label mate Raphael Saadiq, who will be performing songs from his just-released new album, The Way I See It.

One of the most eagerly awaited releases of 2008, Evolver is John Legend's first full-length studio album in two years and will be released October 28.

Guests on Evolver include OutKast's Andre 3000, emerging hip-hop/soul ingénue Estelle, R&B/pop superstar Brandy and John's longtime collaborator Kanye West.

Songs on 'Evolver include the single "Green Light" (featuring ANDRE 3000), "It's Over" (featuring Kanye West), "Everybody Knows," "No Other Love" (featuring Estelle), "Satisfaction," "This Time," "Cross The Line," "I Love, You Love," "Good Morning," "If You're Out There," and "Quickly" (featuring Brandy).

John Legend - 2008 Tour Dates

Wed 11/19 Minneapolis, MN Northrop Auditorium

Thu 11/20 Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre

Mon 11/24 E. Lansing, MI Wharton Center For Performing Arts

Wed 11/26 Detroit, MI Masonic Temple Theatre

Fri 11/28 Toronto, Ont. Roy Thompson Hall

Sat 11/29 Montclair, NJ Wellmont Theatre

Mon 12/1 Montclair, NJ Wellmont Theatre

Tue 12/2 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre

Fri 12/5 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theater

Mon 12/8 Baltimore, MD Lyric Theatre

Tue 12/9 Washington, DC Constitution Hall

Wed 12/10 Greenville, SC Peace Center

Fri 12/12 Charlotte, NC Ovens Auditorium

Sat 12/13 Durham, NC Durham Performing Arts Center

they need to come to Europe.

but Saadiq deserves his own tour, damn it.

I've been wanting to see Legend for two years now, and each time tickets go on sale long before I can get a proper heads up to save the money. One of these days, hopefully.

Back