Superman-Batman movie in 2015

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
It was announced at the Comic-Con that there will be a sequel to Man of Steel that will feature Batman! It will be released in summer 2015(update: 2016) and Zack Snyder will return to direct. Henry Cavill will play Superman again but Batman has not been cast yet. Name of the movie has not been told.

Here is the logo:
BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg

Reveal video:
[video=youtube;9C-bU3rhX_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C-bU3rhX_Q[/video]

Official statement:

"On the heels of the worldwide success of "Man of Steel," director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, "Man of Steel," has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, "Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he's a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way." Kroll added, "We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel' is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us."

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, "Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack's continuing vision for the DC Universe."

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, "I'm so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can't wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let's face it, it's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world."

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, "Whilst our ‘Dark Knight' trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack's fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can't wait to see what Zack does with these characters."

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment."

Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...an-of-steel-sequel-announced-batman-to-appear

What you guys think? I'm a little skeptical right now since I was hoping they would reboot Batman before they make something like this. I liked Man of Steel so I believe that Zack Snyder can make a great movie. The Batman Superman: World's Finest animated movie from 1997 was great. :)

Last edited:
Fun! Feels like they might be up to something original...'bout time we see these two sharing a film together!

Cool,

I guess there are not ready for justice league as they still have to define Wonder Woman and the Flash (and maybe reboot Green Lantern).

The first hurdle now is to cast Bruce Wayne / Batman. I hope Christian Bale will reconsider after reading the finished script.

I hope Christian Bale will reconsider after reading the finished script.

I don't think he will come back. I'm sure this Batman will not be the same Batman that we saw in Nolan's trilogy. They are rebooting the character and that is a good thing. Nolan's realistic approach was great but this time I would like to see less realistic world so villians like Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc and Clayface can exist.

I just hope that whoever plays Batman won't try to imitate that stupid voice that Christian Bale did. Bale did a good job but that voice was just ridiculous

This better not be a VS movie. I don't want a VS movie, i want a team up movie. Cause if it is a VS movie then you know what's gonna happen. Batman and Superman will fight and Batman will beat Superman because Batman is the more popular character now a days. Which is BS because Superman would easily destroy Batman

This better not be a VS movie. I don't want a VS movie, i want a team up movie. Cause if it is a VS movie then you know what's gonna happen. Batman and Superman will fight and Batman will beat Superman because Batman is the more popular character now a days. Which is BS because Superman would easily destroy Batman

I hope too that doesn't happen. I think they should make Man Of Steel 2 before this because I want to see more stand-alone Superman movies.

Angry Joe is right in this video:

I just hope that whoever plays Batman won't try to imitate that stupid voice that Christian Bale did. Bale did a good job but that voice was just ridiculous
I disagree. Cus at least it was a different persona unlike george clooney's "Hi Freeze. I'm Batman."

I don't think he will come back. I'm sure this Batman will not be the same Batman that we saw in Nolan's trilogy. They are rebooting the character and that is a good thing. Nolan's realistic approach was great but this time I would like to see less realistic world so villians like Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc and Clayface can exist.
And you would be right cus Nolan's Trilogy was never meant to tie into any other superhero film. So wouldn't make sense to put bale's Batman in Zack Snyder's MOS universe. He'll have to be recast. Who they end up casting as Batman will either make or break this movie.

I can just imagine all the Batman actors having this conversation

Michael Keaton: I'm Batman
Val Kilmar: I'm Batman
George Clooney: I'm George Clooney
Christian Bale: I'm Batman
Kevin Conroy: I am vengeance, i am the night. I AM BATMAN!
Keaton, Kilmar, Cloony, Bale: 0.0

I can just imagine all the Batman actors having this conversation

Michael Keaton: I'm Batman
Val Kilmar: I'm Batman
George Clooney: I'm George Clooney
Christian Bale: I'm Batman
Kevin Conroy: I am vengeance, i am the night. I AM BATMAN!
Keaton, Kilmar, Cloony, Bale: 0.0

Ya, Kevin Conroy has the most Batman in his voice. Same I can say about Mark Hamill's Joker.

Kevin Conroy IS Batman and Mark Hamill IS The Joker. No one has come close

Kevin Conroy IS Batman and Mark Hamill IS The Joker. No one has come close

Hamill is great but I think the best Joker is Heath Ledger. He is not playing the Joker from comics but Ledgers's perfromance is just amazing:

Last edited:
New Batmobile looks like a mix between Tim Burton's batmobile and Nolan's ?Tumbler from his Batman films.

Last edited:
I'm hesitant about Affleck as Batman, too. I loved everything about the Christopher Nolan trilogy; apart from the two Tim Burton adaptions, that was the best Batman ever made.

We've had the worst Batman ever in George Clooney (even George Clooney will admit this), so I can't see how Afflect can top the awfulness of Batman and Robin. I'm trying to keep an open mind, I hope it'll be a good movie.

Back