Superbowl 1993 & Michael ; was it a good idea??

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I was watching some of Superbowl 93 on youtube & was thinking - for some odd reason & please, correct me if I am wrong. But for some reason, I think the Superbowl was not that great of an idea. Perhaps it was the audience age range ; Some ppl at that time, did not like MJ, maybe it was around the same time the Witchhunt began.... who knows. Is it just me?

Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding him performing at SP '93? Was it to help get supporters during a tough time?? I wish I knew what it was but I don't know.:(

wasn't it way before the ish started to happen?

Ok well yea actually you might be right. I dunno. I'm just saying, I heard or thought I heard some ppl booing him. It just didn't seem like the right atmosphere. I think perhaps it was the fact that not everyones cheerin and screamin for him since after all, it wasn't a Michael Jackson concert in the first place. lol ; Not everyone at the games gonna like the performer.

Last edited:
Wasn´t it more people who looked at MJ than the game?At least those who looked at tv.

I guess a performer always want more fans.
Michael had also a message , heal the world and I believe he got 100.000 $ to his heal the world foundation, + he put ads in the papers for people to donate.
I don´t know how much he got to his charity altogether.
They usually don´t pay people for performing during superbowl but they made an exception for Michael´s charity.

I thought it was a great idea...He was the first major artist to do the Superbowl half-time show.. looked at all the artists who have since followed in his footsteps.....
This was Feb 93' Mj was during major US promotion for the dangerous album and making alot of appearances... Oprah interview, Grammy's AMA, Soul Train awards, he was everywhere.. It was really a comeback for MJ of sorts in the US during this time... I felt people were seeing him in a new light then all that crap started later that year and it all went to hell after that.........

I think it was a great idea. with his performance more viewers tuned in to watch superbowl than ever before.. I think there was talk of 1 billion viewers. A world record that has yet to be beaten.

And yeah, this was before the chandler stuff started.

Oh ok wow thats great then if that many ppl tuned it to see halftime.

It doesn't matter....he basically created the superbowl show.

I was watching some of Superbowl 93 on youtube & was thinking - for some odd reason & please, correct me if I am wrong. But for some reason, I think the Superbowl was not that great of an idea. Perhaps it was the audience age range ; Some ppl at that time, did not like MJ, maybe it was around the same time the Witchhunt began.... who knows. Is it just me?

Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding him performing at SP '93? Was it to help get supporters during a tough time?? I wish I knew what it was but I don't know.:(

Superbowl 1993 Half Time Show was and will always be one of the MOST "proudest moments", and "greatest accomplishments" in Mr.Jackson's life..!

In a matter of "FACT"...He would NOT have done this performance ANY different..!

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Heal The World...WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

I actually cannot see anything bad about it. Or any indication that it was a bad idea. It just further added to his legacy. He put on a great show, massive audience to say the least, I heard no boo's. Yeah, cant see anything wrong with it...:S

I thought it was an awesome idea. There aren't really many other ways you could have a captive audience of that size.

i dont see how the most watched super bowl performance in history could be a bad idea

i can't stand american football in general but when Michael got on everyone from around the world came to watch!

Back