Suicide Survivors Support Group

Bless you guys for trying to reach out to those who might need help after loosing someone to suicide! Just putting help 'out there' for survivors might be the biggest thing ever!

Thank you! I have lost two people to suicide, and it's not a thing that I want to lose anyone else to.

Actually, it is a group for those of us left behind by a suicide, not because we attempted it, but because we lost a loved one to it.

I know, but those of us who have attempted it can also help bring further understanding.

I agree.. You're a survivor of it, and can help with sharing from your experience and the things/situations/people that saved you. ..Feeling more worthwhile as a human being, feeling appreciated by others like you really mean something in this life are main ingredients for the therapy of the said sufferers and those that care about them.

Sad to say, but we have had a lot of drama in that group, and I had to cut half the members, and we are not letting anymore in at this time. My administrators and I were harassed etc. So, we are taking a break so to speak and not letting anyone else in right now.

Sad to say, but we have had a lot of drama in that group, and I had to cut half the members, and we are not letting anymore in at this time. My administrators and I were harassed etc. So, we are taking a break so to speak and not letting anyone else in right now.

So sorry to read that...:(

Thanks, Alma. Hopefully it will all work out so that we can let others in.

Hi, all. If you are like me, and lost someone to suicide, there is a group on Facebook for us survivors. (Those left behind by a suicide.)
i misunderstood this.
i thought its for who have survived a suicide.

and i am surprised to see those left behind a suicide needs a support group and more support than those who's are surviving IT!

i misunderstood this.

and i am surprised to see those left behind a suicide needs a support group and more support than those who's are surviving IT!

I am not surprised, those who have been left behind after suicide have suffered a loss and whilst they can go to bereavement counselling it is far more complex when losing someone to suicide as them understanding it takes longer, it is often a very sudden loss and comes with a lot more 'what ifs' and questions about whether they could have prevented it, a lot of guilt and self blame which can make them feel very alone. Whilst it is relatively easy to find help should you seek it for suicidal feelings it is harder to find support specifically catered for losing someone in this way.

i misunderstood this.

Um, we are left to grieve, that's why. I don't mean to sound rude, believe me, but it affects us too. And I never said we needed more support, but we do need it regardless.

When people chose to end their lives it rips our would apart. Their peace may begin, but our hell begins.

And my ex-boyfriend did this almost 24 and a half years ago, and his family and friends still suffer his loss, so who is anyone to tell us that we do not need support from others who have gone through this? Tell that to his mother, who's life has never been the same since 1987!

I am glad you survived your attempt, but us that are left behind need help too. When people do this, it changes our lives. We miss them, and mourn them.Those who die from it, don't know the aftermath that we deal with. It is a constant recovery process.

Last edited:
I am not surprised, those who have been left behind after suicide have suffered a loss and whilst they can go to bereavement counselling it is far more complex when losing someone to suicide as them understanding it takes longer, it is often a very sudden loss and comes with a lot more 'what ifs' and questions about whether they could have prevented it, a lot of guilt and self blame which can make them feel very alone. Whilst it is relatively easy to find help should you seek it for suicidal feelings it is harder to find support specifically catered for losing someone in this way.

Thanks, Michelle. I am glad you see it that way. We live with their choice everyday! We always ask questions, etc. I guess people think when they end it, they end it. They do, but it does not end it for us.

Um, we are left to grieve, that's why. I don't mean to sound rude, believe me, but it affects us too. And I never said we needed more support, but we do need it regardless.

When people chose to end their lives it rips our would apart. Their peace may begin, but our hell begins.

And my ex-boyfriend did this almost 24 and a half years ago, and his family and friends still suffer his loss, so who is anyone to tell us that we do not need support from others who have gone through this? Tell that to his mother, who's life has never been the same since 1987!

I am glad you survived your attempt, but us that are left behind need help too. When people do this, it changes our lives. We miss them, and mourn them.Those who die from it, don't know the aftermath that we deal with. It is a constant recovery process.

*Hugs*... Totally get what you're saying and empathize with it (even tho I've never had an acquaintance or anyone having done something this impossibly severe and praying this will never happen)... It would tore you up. Especially when you're a Christian (which you are, Earth_Song1).. the implications are amounting so high, that I don't even wanna think of it further.. We had on here in my country this fabulous female singer who committed suicide in July, last year, and it tore many people, it still hurts thinking of that even now, though we were not related or anything.. Her family are completely a mess and are blaming on each other for her death, they are fighting for the custody of the child, they're ruined emotionally and hurting that don't know which way to go.... It's so heavy and horrible. One of the worst things anyone can ever have to deal with. You feel like you're cursed forever and there's no way out... ...

Hugs again... And may people who are in such dire emotional crisis learn to approach God in a different way.. ):

*Hugs*... Totally get what you're saying and empathize with it (even tho I've never had an acquaintance or anyone having done something this impossibly severe and praying this will never happen)... It would tore you up. Especially when you're a Christian (which you are, Earth_Song1).. the implications are amounting so high, that I don't even wanna think of it further.. We had on here in my country this fabulous female singer who committed suicide in July, last year, and it tore many people, it still hurts thinking of that even now, though we were not related or anything.. Her family are completely a mess and are blaming on each other for her death, they are fighting for the custody of the child, they're ruined emotionally and hurting that don't know which way to go.... It's so heavy and horrible. One of the worst things anyone can ever have to deal with. You feel like you're cursed forever and there's no way out... ...

Hugs again... And may people who are in such dire emotional crisis learn to approach God in a different way.. ):

Thank you, Alma. See how it rips families apart? Those who commit the act, have no idea what they leave behind. I understand those that do it are hurting, but it is something we live with for the rest of our lives.

Thank you for your kind words sister.

Back