Subway question

Dudie

Proud Member
I just booked my trip to London and i'm staying at Costum House Hotel. The lady from the travel agency said it might be more wise to get a 6 zones travelcard for 4 days instead of an Airport Xpress ticket from Heathrow to the centre of London. Specially coz we allready planned to buy 3 day card for the subway so we can go sightseeing. But now i'm wondering how long the trip from Heathrow to our hotel is gonna take and which directions we need to take. on the o2 site heathrow is not mentioned so i have no idea at all.

From Heathrow to Custom House Hotel

1. Take a northbound Piccadilly line train to Green Park.
2. Change onto the Jubilee line and get off at Canning Town.
3. You can either walk to the hotel from Canning Town (see the link of the map below), or take a southbound Docklands Light Railway train two stops to Custom House.

Map for directions: http://www.customhouse-hotel.co.uk/location.html
Underground map (so you check my directions!): http://images.intolondon.com/images/intolondon/transport-maps/london-underground-tube-map.gif

Hope this helps!

getting a 6 zones travelcard for 4 days is a good idea because then you can also travel around london to wherever without worrying about paying for the tube as you can just hop and and off - and there are plenty of things to do and see!

yeah :) The travel to the hotel might be longer then the train but it saves out money aswell. I think the subway there is great. Get's you everywhere fast and easy :)

um just so you know, the term subway is used in London for either a sanwich shop chain called "SUBWAY" or as a walkway under a road, the underground is called THE TUBE

Ohh yeah those sandwiches from subway are lovely. Specially Chicken Teriyaki and Bacon Ranch;D

Back to subject.. if i remember correctly it was called subway or the underground. But as you state it i indeed mean tube :) Ohh well atleast you all know what i ment :)

Ive created another thread for everyone travelling to London, with the Uk /london terms, words etc. I had to learn the hard way when I went to America, and I know how frustrating it is when you know what you are talking about but people look at you like you are stupid

Ohh yeah those sandwiches from subway are lovely. Specially Chicken Teriyaki and Bacon Ranch;D

Back to subject.. if i remember correctly it was called subway or the underground. But as you state it i indeed mean tube :) Ohh well atleast you all know what i ment :)

Mmm.. the oven roasted chicken and tuna subs and white macadamia nut cookies!

Back