"Streetwalker" vs. "Another Part of Me"

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
(I apologize if this already exists. I searched and couldn't find it.)

We all know Michael wanted "Streetwalker" to appear on Bad rather than Quincy Jones's choice, "Another Part of Me". While this worked out in the longrun, I have to wonder: does the fan community prefer "Streetwalker" or "Another Part of Me"? Vote! :)

Wasn't APOM Michael's choice? I remember Quincy telling he wanted to leave it off the album but Michael said the song makes him dance and Q said something along the lines: "well, if it makes him dance then who can debate with that?" so it went on the album. Do I remember this wrong?

I think the story went this way: MJ wanted Streetwalker, Quincy wanted APOM. Then DiLeo came in and started dancing to APOM, so that one landed on the album. I've to check Man in The Music to be sure.

I much prefer APOM, though Streetwalker is also a very nice song.

I think the story went this way: MJ wanted Streetwalker, Quincy wanted APOM. Then DiLeo came in and started dancing to APOM, so that one landed on the album. I've to check Man in The Music to be sure.

Yea thats what Quincy said in the Bad 2001 Special Edition.

My vote is for Streetwalker.

Now it's very difficult to choose between the two but I am gonna have to go with Streetwalker. I like the beat and the lyrics. The theme also suits the Bad album.

Torn.

APOM live is life-changing lol, but that muffled scream-singing in the intro of Streetwalker..... :heat: SO hot lol. APOM is more stadium music but Streetwalker is sexier, grittier...

Another Part Of Me is amazing! But...if Streetwalker didn't have the ridiculously long outro then that may of swayed it for me :p

Back